• Total voters

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
They are currently focusing on other projects, but they are still here if I need help and they didn't leave the project.
I'm currently the only one active on the loader's developement (but Dimok did some work on it since 3.0 release too).
It's a good thing for me as I'm learning at the same time, but it's slower for you (I need to debug more often my own errors trying to understand why it's wrong!)
I'm still unsure if what I do is correct, so I also tend to reverify many times and start working on other fixes at the same time instead of committing a new revision after each fix.

Reactions: 2 people

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
They are currently focusing on other projects, but they are still here if I need help and they didn't leave the project.
I'm currently the only one active on the loader's developement (but Dimok did some work on it since 3.0 release too).
It's a good thing for me as I'm learning at the same time, but it's slower for you (I need to debug more often my own errors trying to understand why it's wrong!)
I'm still unsure if what I do is correct, so I also tend to reverify many times and start working on other fixes at the same time instead of committing a new revision after each fix.
Great work so far Cyan,
I think you should have a WiiFlow-like approach: committing after each tiny fix, users will do the testing and bug tracking is fairly easy with so many users.
:)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, I will try to do it.
But for example, I started modifying the files to add Disc2 detection and it requires a lot of work (few functions need to be changes which also affect non Gamecube games), and in the meantime Devolution was released with new features (Widescreen and noLed). I need either to wait that I finish the first task and submit everything at the same time, or remove the current changes to submit only devolution's changes and put back my other changes.
It's possible to submit only a part of the changes too, if there's no file's conflict. I just need to be careful before submitting.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you can have multiple checkouts, one for each long term development and one for quick fixes
thats (part of) what vcs are for

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I tested the 4 loaders for the way they shutdown the Wii:

PostLoader and CFG-USBL can only do "Standby" via menu or when Wiimote Power button is held.
Wiiflow-mod-710+ or 4.0.2beta can do a "full shutdown" Wiimote Power button is held.
USBL-GX can do both via shutdown icon with Standby being default action when Wiimote Power button is held.

I personally like full shutdown (turns off the HDD) but other users might prefer Standby mode instead.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
nice table bro. Why not update the official USB Loader Releases table as well. I would say yours is far more accurate and official, but you're missing uloader, coverfloader, mighty loader and neogamma to make it 100% complete ;)

Most of the ones I mentioned are a bit obsolete but they serve their purpose and work very well on top of having features available some of the most popular loaders don't have... i think lol.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
nice table bro. Why not update the official USB Loader Releases table as well. I would say yours is far more accurate and official, but you're missing uloader, coverfloader, mighty loader and neogamma to make it 100% complete ;)

Most of the ones I mentioned are a bit obsolete but they serve their purpose and work very well on top of having features available some of the most popular loaders don't have... i think lol.
Not gonna happen :)

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
There are SOOO many obsolete loaders
(just check out these old poll threads)
http://gbatemp.net/topic/154465-which-is-your-favourite-usb-loader/
http://gbatemp.net/topic/193769-what-do-you-use-to-play-your-backups/
so I don't see any need to update this for the other's on the official loader releases page.
Even of those on that list, all the features that the ones that are NOT on THIS list have are included in loaders that ARE included. The only questionable feature there is that uLoader can run games off of an externals USB DVD drive but even the official list says that the 222 version of GX can do that, too. (I've only tried it on uLoader, though. Now that I think of it, I might try it for GX to see if it still works when I get a chance.)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
There are SOOO many obsolete loaders
(just check out these old poll threads)
http://gbatemp.net/t...ite-usb-loader/
http://gbatemp.net/t...y-your-backups/
so I don't see any need to update this for the other's on the official loader releases page.
Even of those on that list, all the features that the ones that are NOT on THIS list have are included in loaders that ARE included. The only questionable feature there is that uLoader can run games off of an externals USB DVD drive but even the official list says that the 222 version of GX can do that, too. (I've only tried it on uLoader, though. Now that I think of it, I might try it for GX to see if it still works when I get a chance.)
uloader has many unique features as well, such as automatic wad installation, WW/VC compatibility, cISO support (not sure if unique though), internal cover detection, skip boot....
But it's the very slow loading, incompatibility with Rodries mod that make most people shy away. I still use it sometimes but less than before tbh (since the integration of neek mode in PL and WF)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo