Hacking Backup Loader not playing games :(

kylster

mich weich töten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi i updated waninkoko's cIOS249 rev14 to rev15 and it no longer plays backups even when i revert back to rev14. Im currently using rev17 of cIOS249 and the problem persists. I can use it to load homebrew such as Triiforce MRC and various other apps but no longer backups. Any help?

I am running Sys Menu 4.1u
Current cIOS installed are Hermes202/222/223/224v5 ~ cIOS236 ~ cIOS249rev17

I have used Anytitle Deleter DB to delete cIOS 249 from both slots 249&250 and reinstalled using Waninkoko's homebrew installer. I have also tried using bootmii backups made before the cIOS249 update and still even after using a restore like that cIOS249 eludes me. Please if you can offer some advice it would be great. Forgot to mention i have even tried cIOS249rev20b still nothing.

I am currently using Configurable USB Loader (latest build 60a), & uLoader5.2E

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
if is not the cIOS......can be the loader, try a different one...!!
smile.gif

kylster

mich weich töten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant get wiiflow to work wont detect my toshiba 1t ext and usb loader gx does the same thing everything worked fine for backups befor i updated now i cant even go back to rev14 it acts the same.

kylster

mich weich töten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any update after cIOS249rev17 gets the word [FRAG] after it. Any idea's? rev17 and below dont have this displayed by each other.

kylster

mich weich töten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have that one installed currently on ios250 but it didnt do much good for me but mess up Triiforce MRC still didnt play backups. So i just reverted back to rev 17 cause that's the latest version that Triiforce supports. Im just tring to figure out how to get cIOS249 to actually play games cause non of my backs fixed the issue either

Ok here's something new got usbloader gx to work but when i try to load the games it gives me bfs error:bad magic when loading with cIOS249 rev17 & cIOS250 rev20b. any clue?

adam_the_1st

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This sounds like the same issue I had happen, reinstall all manner of cIOS didnt fix the problem, I even restored from bootmii. I'll add a post to this thread if I figure anything out, I going to be working on it today.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What's the problem now? Did it stop playing games, or do it fail to get the game list(=init and mount the HDD).

Did you try the bottom usb port?

kylster

mich weich töten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had updated from cIOS249rev14 and now it no longer works to play backups, so yea it stopped playing games altogether& i have tried the bottom usb port but it will still loads hombrew or install wad files so that's my confusion as it does everything it's suppose to but w/o the support of playing back ups. I have tried USB Loader GX, CFG Loader, uLoader, & WiiFlow all current version.

kylster

mich weich töten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still no luck on getting cIOS249 rev17 or above to play backups. How ever i used Dop-Miiv13 and applied all 3 hacks which were trucha_bug and 2 other patches and now the game plays w/o question. So now im curious what is the point of cIOS249, 222 and such if all i'll have to do is patch the IOS the game runs off of ?? well besides being able to load the USB Loader it self hmmm.... Still wish i could get cIOS249 working back to it's full potential...

I was not the one who soft mod'd my wii but if someone could explain to me the above situation i might understand a little better.

kylster

mich weich töten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think i could just "Format" the Wii under Wii Setting or possibly use the boomii format method given to those as a last minute Fix for brick? Im not bricked but it's verified working from what i understand...

What would you guys recommend?

kylster

mich weich töten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys have all been helpful but i fixed the issue, as strange as it might be. I want to thank Serg who made Uniloader even though i guess im still too noob to figure it out LoL. i was looking @ his new Uniloader and saw he was able to load GC games and i thought it would be cool to load GC and Wii like that but well i kept reading and found out about .wbfs format and i needed space on my hdd still 1tb split 1/2&1/2 well it seem cIOS20b does work for games on my fat32 hdd but like i said i would have never figured this out unless i read about Uniloader
smile.gif
thanks again guys maybe everything knew about this but me LoL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.