Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

YellowYoYos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everybody, I have soft modded another Wii today and it has 3.3u firmware installed, This is my first time working on this firmware and had a quick question so I don't mess my this Wii
smile.gif
I have already installed the HBC but I wanted to know if I needed to use the "October 23rd Wii Fix by ‘a_running_pir8’" before installing the backup loader gamma? 3.3u is the October 23rd right?

Prawnmatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
YellowYoYos said:
Hi everybody, I have soft modded another Wii today and it has 3.3u firmware installed, This is my first time working on this firmware and had a quick question so I don't mess my this Wii
smile.gif
I have already installed the HBC but I wanted to know if I needed to use the "October 23rd Wii Fix by ‘a_running_pir8’" before installing the backup loader gamma? 3.3u is the October 23rd right?
You don't need to install the Oct 23rd update, you can happily install the backuploader and CIOS without bothering. The Oct 23rd update was not 3.3, 3.3 existed before this update. The Oct23rd update was an updated Wiishop channel (and the unsafe Nintendo version of this update also patched trucha signing out of most IOSs).
The only thing you can't do without the Oct23 update is access the Wii shop channel - if you want to do this, install one of the safe versions. I used Tona's.
(hope this helps, I just wanted to post on the 420 page
cool.gif
)

DarkeoX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can S.O tell me how is it possible to see and modify files on a WII ISO ? i've been looking for a soft but found nothing...indeed, i want to create a modified ToS 2 ISO, in order just to replace files when the Eur version will be out and to replace the current Opening scene by the original japanese one, since i have the two ISOs... however, i also can't find something which can allow me to patch the saved game files, 'caus i got Chocobo Dungeon PAL & NTSC, so i want i could play the PAL with the informations sved on the NTSC Save file....

DarkeoX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can S.O tell me how is it possible to see and modify files on a WII ISO ? i've been looking for a soft but found nothing...indeed, i want to create a modified ToS 2 ISO, in order just to replace files when the Eur version will be out and to replace the current Opening scene by the original japanese one, since i have the two ISOs... however, i also can't find something which can allow me to patch the saved game files, 'caus i got Chocobo Dungeon PAL & NTSC, so i want i could play the PAL with the informations sved on the NTSC Save file....

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
breakdaze said:
Nin10doFan said:
Guys, I have a question that was never answered... If I have the cIOS installed, will the Backup Loader still work if I update to the new October 23rd update?
While I'm at it, which cIOS is better to use: Wiigator's or Waninkoko's?

I always get my cIOS from Waninkoko's links, but that's just me, YMMV. I think use his if you want to use Menu Patcher.

Seems to me, using Waninkoko's cIOS with Menu Patcher causes my backups to boot and load during gameplay faster than when using Gamma.

So if I update my Wii and Wiigator come out with a new version of his backup loader which will require a new cIOS, will it come in Wad format so I can use install it?

samagon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is basically the alternative for people without wifi. If you dont have wifi you will need to download a whole bunch of tiny files and put them in the 000000001 folder on the root of your SD card.

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FGOD said:
Is the gamma loader which is out an official release or is it only a beta or something? Cause on the first page it still says gamma 3 is still in closed beta testing.

Gamma has been released to the general public.

Paul_Bunyan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, great work on the Loaders! Very handy!

I just have one issue, though, ever since I updated to gamma, whenever I run games they have the two black bars on the sides of the screen and this didn't use to happen with the beta version...Any way I can correct this? And does anyone else have these bars?

Thanks in advance!

N64 Lover

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I will start by saying I love Backup Launcher and have a few questions about updating from beta.

1: I have done my homework and see that I install the new Cios over the original, no need to delete the beta Cios

2: My Wii is version 3.3U, do I need to downgrade it to install gamma? I was at 3.3U when I installed beta so I guess the answer is no. I could not find a clear answer to this in the forums.

3: I am using the backup loader channel that was included in the beta installer package from this site. Should I uninstall this channel with the wad manager and install the new gamma channel? I noticed that the gamma channels came with and without the autoloader feature. Is the autoloader what lets you load discs from the Wii's disc channel? I dont care anything about loading through the disc channel so I guess I need the "no autoloader" version.

Thanks in advance for replies.

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can uninstall the channel or get a channel from the same person and it should overwrite it. Auto boot just means it will skip the config menu.

Leon2457

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUESTION, I'm using the Gamma, and I want the DVD5 [pal] version of Brawl, see, I have firmware 3.3E (BEOFRE the October 23rd update) with good quality dvds .... just wondering, but will it work ok?

Thanks in advance

screamq3

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi i just installed the launcher and its great most of the games worked without patching
biggrin.gif
had a couple with the Error #002, anyone know if there is going to be a fix coming out for this? would be fantastic
smile.gif
thx in advance well done in making this work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Good news for the five people that want two more +1