Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Stupid Question
biggrin.gif
:
Is it possible to de-patch an Iso (the patching that was needed to run games on early versions of backup-launcher) ?.

fennec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Patch is the wrong word, your ISOs have been decrypted using the common key everybody has. The "unpatch" operation would in fact be to encrypt the game again, the thing is that you need another (different) key to do that. The problem is that this key is kept secret by Nintendo and is impossible to retreive.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not quite. decrypting iso's also erase the junk data and replaces it with 0's... this is why we will never be able to unencrypt the data is gone for good.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
digitydogs said:
Not quite. decrypting iso's also erase the junk data and replaces it with 0's... this is why we will never be able to unencrypt the data is gone for good.
completely missed the point. that's scrubbing what you are talking about.

"patching" or better say decrypting, with one of the tools released with wanins leaked loader and wiigators beta, means extracting the game partition of the gamedisc. but there are other partitions on the disc, update partition for example, which are not decrypted and saved, so there is no way to get those back and "rebuild" the original iso-file.

fennec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It would be possible to rebuild partitions and put updates back, but most important is the encrypt key that is missing, and also signing one. As Screemer disc are not scrubbed (AFAIK) and encrypting this bogus data should be possible with correct key.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
it would be possible to fakesign the disc but those discs would only work if the truchabug is present in the used ios. rebuilding the partitions is not a problem if you have the data contained in those partitions. the problem is that those files are not extracted by the common tools, only the files of the gamepartition are extracted.

blackbrew

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
abc.moc
XP
Country
Netherlands
very odd thing,
here is the info : wii region PAL, Game Tomb Rider Underwrold Pal, 1:1 burned to DVD-R
works fine using wiigator Backuploader channel.
when using Reboot with hooks the game appear in the disk channel, when try to play from there i got this: "No TV signal" and the wiimote goes off i had to turn the console off by pressing the power for i don't know howmany secs.
any idea what was that ?

sorg

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi!

I'm using Wii Backup loader 0.3 for a few days.
Congratulations for the huge work done ! That's amazing.

I have only one concern:
With some game, when playing backups, i can hear that the DVD reader is "scratching" , and it makes some noise. With original dvds, i have not this problem.
For example, i am playing "boom blox" backup today, and while playing one level, I can hear a lot of DVD acceess, even if i guess that for such a game, ther should not have so much reading on the DVD except xhen changing levels...

Have you noticed similar behaviour ?

fennec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes this is "normal", since reading is limited to 3x Wiigator added readahaed/caching in order to have fast loading. This changes the behavior of dvd reading and makes more noise. For bloom box, it is likely that it's streaming music from dvd during gameplay, thus making the noises.

triforcemario

Trophies
XP
Country
I recently download a copy of Animal Crossing City Folk (NTSC, 1:1), and used RegionFrii to change it's region to PAL.. Whenever I boot it up, the screen is always red (you can see everything, but it's all red-tinted). However, I noticed that this doesn't happen when I force Pal60hz. Is there any way that I can configure the Backup Loader so I don't have to go through the options changing it so it forces PAL60hz each time I boot it up?

pebls123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
triforcemario said:
I recently download a copy of Animal Crossing City Folk (NTSC, 1:1), and used RegionFrii to change it's region to PAL.. Whenever I boot it up, the screen is always red (you can see everything, but it's all red-tinted). However, I noticed that this doesn't happen when I force Pal60hz. Is there any way that I can configure the Backup Loader so I don't have to go through the options changing it so it forces PAL60hz each time I boot it up?
yea get a pal 60 autoboot wad there are some around here search

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any word on what Wiigator is updating now? Or has he stopped? With a Backup Loader, I can see that there must be limits...

900th post!

The Bird

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lecture.gif
Ok erm, there some big problems here.
First off you MUST burn at 2x, there is a program for patching,i would suggest dvd-r, i've heard rumors that there is no need to change their booktype to dvd-rom, although using a dvd-rom should ALWAYS work.
there's a list of games that don't work. in GBA TEMP
oh, and visit here for a good tutorial CLiCK here for the guide!

Whtrvn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
you do not need to burn at 2x, you can burn at whatever speed your burner/disc's support, if certain discs not work poerperly at certain speeds its cause the are shitty discs, buy some better ones. for me memorex 16x dvd-r work perfectly. also make sure your burner has the latest firmware, as that will often fix problems with some brands of discs.

Also FYI I tried C2 8x dvd-r (10 bux for 50) well they suck, do not use them.

amirh1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,
first of all I'm new to this forum and this is my first post/question, and forgive if this is a noob question.

So I actually read some of this and other threads, I'm not sure I have all the info.

Background:
I have a WII NTSC 3.1U firmware, installed homebrew channel and trying to use Backup Launcher 0.3beta to load ISO (d'loaded from the web). My first try is Wii Music, downloaded ISO and fixed size using Backup Creator. Burned on Maxell 16x dvd-r media using my Optiarc AD-7580A laptop burner and ImgBurn software. When I try to load the game with backup launcher I get a garbled message saying something about dvd error, failed, etc (text words are written one on top of the other) and that's it. To clarify, I didn't install a hack chip.

Questions:

1. Has anyone had experience with this? I know people get games to work, but has anyone had these failures and are they burn related?
2. Could it be the media? I understand Verbatim is the king but i'm not sure if the message i'm getting is due to media - be nice to know before I run off and buy a 50-pack...
3. I use 1x write speed - should I be doing something else? I read some people suggesting 2x, but I'm assuming 1x is always better - right?
4. Anything else that may be the cause here?

Thanks!!!

g002ahe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you install the cios v7 first as per these instructions?
---------------------
Instructions
---------------------

1. Install new cIOS. Make sure its properly installed
2. Load Backup Launcher and play game.

CharAznable

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd say the errors are almost definitely burn related. I use Sony DVD+R's with booktype changed to -R and a VERY old and barely functional kHypermedia burner, and all my burns work great. I think the key here is that I burn at 4x speed. Ever since I started burning at 4x exclusively, all my backups work fine.

So, give that a shot.

(Also, stick with -R discs. +R's are supposed to be bad for the system in a way I don't quite understand yet, but my burner only supports +R, so I'm stuck with them. And, Maxell is a decent brand. Used it for a while before switching to Sony.)

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Bird said:
lecture.gif
Ok erm, there some big problems here.
First off you MUST burn at 2x, there is a program for patching,i would suggest dvd-r, i've heard rumors that there is no need to change their booktype to dvd-rom, although using a dvd-rom should ALWAYS work.
there's a list of games that don't work. in GBA TEMP
oh, and visit here for a good tutorial CLiCK here for the guide!

Jesus your miles behind the times here

you dont need to burn at 2 speed - in fact 4 speed is better and a lot of people use 16 speed and they work perfectly.
There is no patching program required for gamma - that was the older beta loader
DVD-R are the best to use as you can direct burn with them , DVD+R also work once set to DVD-Rom in booktype for most but not all people (which is why people recommend dvd-r)

There is a NON compatibility list for the Gamma loader since more games work than dont work - so the list is small - even the ones on the list can use waninkoko's iso patcher to make 99% of games work.
That guide is for beta ans is seriously old - i have a guide for Gamma in my signature if you wish to get and use that - its been used by 1000's and worked for most without a hitch.
There is also an issues and answer thread link in my sig for anyone who wants to check that out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!