bambam95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
startreker said:
djtaz said:
Standard wii games are written differently - the read from the outside in instead of the inside out (or visa versa) - the copied discs read the opposite way so they need a a few changes to read which means they read at a slower speed.

This was a common mis-conception that held with the gamecube system and has now held with the Wii. I remember testing out my original gamecube games and a backup and noticed that both spun the same way. The difference between legit Wii games and back-ups is that each of their discs contains a BCA mark. It basically acts a type of bar code that is written to the disc with a YAG laser. Basically they just made something that our normal burner lasers couldn't reproduce.
I remeber when everyone said that about gc discs
smile.gif

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=107...t&p=1478516

WiiGator said:

So this is for those who did not update to 3.2?

If not, what firmware is he referring to?

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the discs spin the same way as a regular dvd but they are red from the outside to the inside. thats what makes them different from a standard dvd. as far as i know thats a proven fact. the story about the opposite spinning direction is nonsense.

india3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
if that was the only difference, wouldn't making a dvd burning program write the data backwards (so that it will be read correctly when read from outside to inside) be able to fool the wii?

and if the thing about the yag barcode is true, why is it so hard to make the wii (through software) accept games without the barcode?

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
india3, because software doesnt control the dvd reading, the drive does.

Screemer said:
the discs spin the same way as a regular dvd but they are red from the outside to the inside. thats what makes them different from a standard dvd. as far as i know thats a proven fact. the story about the opposite spinning direction is nonsense.
that doesnt even make sense.

the dvd itself doesnt control how its read, the drive does. so how can the difference between dvds be how they are "red" if the drive is always the same and hence always reads the same way.

even if u suggested that chips reverse the dvd reading method of the drive, that be total bullcrap. thats not what chips do at all.

its all about how you print the disks. startreker sounds right (or at least on the right track)

Look at datel, they have printing machines and hence the disks can be printed as originals

harryk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
If it was that easy, why would people work on a Backup launcher?
It's obviously not that simple to trick the Wii into allowing copied games to run. So live with it and be happy that people are working on a way around it
wink.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
waninkoko said:
OSW said:
OuahOuah said:
Any news of Waninkoko ?
smile.gif

Waninkoko released his Custom DIP module 0.2 and left because Wiigator was doing a good job and he didn't want to waste his effort.

I'm working with WiiGator
tongue.gif

what!
wacko.gif
sorry man i could have sworn you said that... i'm confused now
tongue.gif

EDIT:
QUOTE(waninkoko @ Oct 18 2008, 09:00 AM)
I want to officially announce that I leave the development of my Custom DIP Module.

In these last weeks the development has been slow, very very slow and I could not improve the module as much as I wanted. The DIP module included in latest CIOS wasn't as good as I wanted and Wiigator has done a much better job.

Also, I have better things to work on... (not all are Wii projects).
there we go.

i guess that doesn't necessarily mean you dropped all involvement...

cheeky guy
tongue.gif

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i am pretty sure he said that he would comment or work on a backuploader any more, shortly after the release of cios v.5. he said there are other projects, not all of them are wii related. i think it was around page 85.

wiirfreaks

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
waninkoko said:
OSW said:
OuahOuah said:
Any news of Waninkoko ?
smile.gif
Waninkoko released his Custom DIP module 0.2 and left because Wiigator was doing a good job and he didn't want to waste his effort.

tongue.gif

my dreames become reality ^^
nice to hear that
and fuck off to all people who believed to an CoderBattle

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bambam95 said:
startreker said:
djtaz said:
Standard wii games are written differently - the read from the outside in instead of the inside out (or visa versa) - the copied discs read the opposite way so they need a a few changes to read which means they read at a slower speed.

This was a common mis-conception that held with the gamecube system and has now held with the Wii. I remember testing out my original gamecube games and a backup and noticed that both spun the same way. The difference between legit Wii games and back-ups is that each of their discs contains a BCA mark. It basically acts a type of bar code that is written to the disc with a YAG laser. Basically they just made something that our normal burner lasers couldn't reproduce.
I remeber when everyone said that about gc discs
smile.gif

Thanks startreker - i stand corrected - i was after reading that somewhere but it was obviously incorrect - thanks for the update.

kremmy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
waninkoko said:
OSW said:
OuahOuah said:
Any news of Waninkoko ?
smile.gif

tongue.gif
The combination of your efforts will make diamonds and molten gold pour out of my wii when I use the launcher, I assume?

msa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kremmy said:
The combination of your efforts will make diamonds and molten gold pour out of my wii when I use the launcher, I assume?
whatever it will do, one thing is sure: it will make nintendo cry ^^
and reggie will rampage in rage >:O

or they will hire wiigator and waninkoko xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol