WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Finally found the time to test the loader a bit.
Let me say it like this:

- All games that work work perfect
wink.gif

- Too bad that lot of great titles doesn't or with v 0.3 doesn't....

Most awful is the black screen with someting like
"An error occurred, please remove the disc and power off, RTFM"
Have this on plenty games...

Why is that? Cos some of those games worked with loader 0.1
And I think I remember some betatesters told, the games also work on 0.3...

I thought maybe cos of WiiGators cIOS misses some patches, so I tried waninkokos rev6 cios.
But same result...

What do you think WiiGator. Is that error something you can fix, easily?
Maybe meanwhile you could release loader 0.1 but as version "0.1b +exclusiv cios" to use parallel with v0.3

But it's still great work in short time!!
Thanks one more time
smile.gif

//EDIT:
- Found the cIOS Fix for rev6 but also doesn't make more games run.
- Some said with the rev6 cIOS fix They got "No more Heroes" working.
Not here on my PAL Wii. I tried the NTSC version also tried NTSC patched to PAL version. This game gives me only the green screen of death.

Most frustrating is when a game loads, you see the great intro, you saved your data, you hit "Start the Mission"
and get "An error occurred, please remove the disc and power off, RTFM"
I don't doubt this is a cIOS fault, isn't it?

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
Well this is a common problem with Geckos or the Freeloader, but maybe it was fixed (last time i used them was months ago) but loading with your loader and standard settings shows things in red again.
tongue.gif

Now i can't test the options, tomorrow i'll check.
smile.gif

burnout3

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A small question for WiiGator: i have a Wii PAL system set with 60hz and all my original games runs in 60hz without issues on my TV; today i try with success to load Wario the Shake Dimension with your Backup Launcher and noticed that if i don't select PAL60 the game runs in 50hz mode, otherwise if i select PAL60 the game runs in 60hz mode but the TV has color flickering.

I hope you can find a solution to this issue, thanks for your work
smile.gif

cataphonicdisson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice job Wiigator. Excellent work. I'll start posting compatibility.

Question - I know the FAQ says this version does not support GC backups but is that a feature completely off the table for future versions?

drewcu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings!

I have a couple of questions that I hope haven't been answered elsewhere - and I did read the Faq - so here goes... I have a modchip (Wiikey) installed and was curious about your program (figuring Wiigator is reading this) so I decided to take the plunge and install your cIOS and 0.3 into HBC9. I had PatchMii installed in order to use dvdx in Mplayer which in essence gave me a custom cIOS (I think!). When I tried to install the WiiGator approved cIOS, I got no errors so I thought things were good, so I went to load a game from the program and got an Exception error message (I tried multiple games). Reading a bit more on the Net, I gathered that the PatchMii code was to blame so I got Wanikoko's cIOS Uninstaller and sure enough there was a custom cIOS249 installed and I therefore went ahead and uninstalled it. I went back into the WiiGator program and all of my games seem to work.

My first question is - wouldn't uninstalling the cIOS from PatchMii via the Wanikoko Uninstaller also uninstall the WiiGator cIOS and therefore keep games from working? Maybe I don't fully understand the cIOS thing and what the uninstaller does. My second question is - basically all of my backup discs seem to work when launched from WiiGator and I want to make sure that it isn't the result of the modchip - ie. is the modchip kept out of the process in loading games from the WiiGator Launcher? I think I know the answer, but before I start singing this program's praises, I want to doublecheck! The main reason I noticed at all is the dissimilarities from the Compatibility Matrix for games like Elebits, MLB Power Pros, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Star Wars, and The Simpsons where people reported errors with 1:1 copies and I had no troubles at all at least getting to gameplay (I didn't play for very long). The only game I have seen a problem with so far is my 1:1 copy of Wario Land: Shake It which gets stuck on a black screen prior to loading which someone else reported as well. I don't get that problem at the Wii Menu when I know I use my modchip which makes me think it has nothing to do with WiiGator - but I would like confirmation on that.

Thanks so much for what seems to be an awesome program, and sorry again if you've answered these questions many times already!

drew

Havoc_012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, many thanks to Wiigator. I can barely wrap my head around "hello world." To make updates like this is pretty incredible.

Alright, I've been trying to get this working even though I downloaded the 3.3 v2 update. I used Waninkoko's CIOS downgrader and IOS downgrader. My system menu now says 3.2U and the IOS downgrader appeared to have replaced several IOS installations. I've been following this guide: http://ratm.net63.net/word/?p=4

Now, I go to boot a PAL game with Backup Launcher 0.1 with the force NTSC option. The game will hang on a green screen. Back when I had 3.3 v1 the same game would boot with the force NTSC option. I know that 3.3 v2 blocked region patching. Is my system really downgraded? Are there any other tests I could run to see if the other IOS's are in fact patched? I'm afraid to install CIOS v6 unless I know if I'm really free from 3.3 v2.

mueueps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Havoc_012 said:
Again, many thanks to Wiigator. I can barely wrap my head around "hello world." To make updates like this is pretty incredible.

Alright, I've been trying to get this working even though I downloaded the 3.3 v2 update. I used Waninkoko's CIOS downgrader and IOS downgrader. My system menu now says 3.2U and the IOS downgrader appeared to have replaced several IOS installations. I've been following this guide: http://ratm.net63.net/word/?p=4

Now, I go to boot a PAL game with Backup Launcher 0.1 with the force NTSC option. The game will hang on a green screen. Back when I had 3.3 v1 the same game would boot with the force NTSC option. I know that 3.3 v2 blocked region patching. Is my system really downgraded? Are there any other tests I could run to see if the other IOS's are in fact patched? I'm afraid to install CIOS v6 unless I know if I'm really free from 3.3 v2.

You can check with AnyTitleDeleter....look for IOS51...if its there you have the 3.3 update....and you should NOT install the new cios (because you'll have to uninstall the old cios first) Well you have to wait for a fix....I have the same problem...downgraded but IOS51 is still there.....

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
I tried to set the Force PAL 50 Option and it managed to solve my "red" problem.
biggrin.gif

The game still runs at 60hz but with right colors, it's great (better than 50hz) but maybe it's a bug (it's always the Force PAL 50 option...).
wink.gif

unicode2CP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
WiiGator said:
Q. Is this easy to uninstall if I decide I dont want it ?
A. Yes - most of the install files can be removed with the WAD manager - the rest just delete off the SD card.

Hi WiiGator,

Are you planning to release an official uninstaller for new cIOS included with Backup Launcher v0.3 beta? As I know, it is not possible to uninstall this cIOS with WAD manager (you should have a .wad file for uninstallation).

Best regards.

WizardDani

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sadcrag said:
the new update is still 3.3 not 3.4 there is no 3.4 yet the new update stayed 3.3 if you can get into the shop channel then you updated if you cant then you haven't its that simple.

QUOTE(WiiGator @ Oct 27 2008, 12:43 AM) I think it is possible to use with 3.1e.

@WizardDani
Someone had the same problem. It seems to happen when you have Wii Connect 24 actived. You should disable it. Don't uninstall cIOS. You should try to downgrade by using the tools from Waninkoko. You will need the old IOS versions. Homebrew uses IOS35, so the installation will work when you install an old IOS35. See http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_System_Updates for more details.

Ahh, ok, thank you so much guys, appreciate your time.
smile.gif
About homebrew channel, I just updated homebrew to beta9, and it says it uses IOS36. :S Would it still work?

EndlessDiversity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
marinos35 said:
A question about the wiki.

Where is the column "not work box"?

i think to have "not work box" is a good idea, someone should add it or i could add it if you guys don't mind.
hopefully that box can help clear up some confusing entries like this one:

Game, Name, Result, 1:1 , Region, Notes, Confirmed

Super Mario Galaxy, Works, Yes / No ,PAL & NTSC/US , Game works fine but videos are choppy/ Ingame lighting is different
Super Mario Galaxy, Error , Yes ,NTSC/US & NTSC/J , Disc Could Not Be Read, probably because of copy protections. NOTE: The backup version with copyright protection removed boots up but the videos are still choppy.

So does that means Super Mario Galaxy NTSC-U work? or error? (of course i will try it my self) but the point is, don't post same region game with different results, and don't combine region results if one of them have a problem. it just create confusion

cobol

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.tanoshii-anime.com
XP
Country
Guatemala
unicode2CP said:
WiiGator said:
Q. Is this easy to uninstall if I decide I dont want it ?
A. Yes - most of the install files can be removed with the WAD manager - the rest just delete off the SD card.

Hi WiiGator,

Are you planning to release an official uninstaller for new cIOS included with Backup Launcher v0.3 beta? As I know, it is not possible to uninstall this cIOS with WAD manager (you should have a .wad file for uninstallation).

Best regards.

Use waninkoko's cIOS Uninstaller, it works.

mueueps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does somebody know which games have IOS11-IOS37? Because here is a guide how to remove the October 23 update...

Anybody can help?
Thanks

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
DaRk_ViVi said:
I tried to set the Force PAL 50 Option and it managed to solve my "red" problem.
biggrin.gif

The game still runs at 60hz but with right colors, it's great (better than 50hz) but maybe it's a bug (it's always the Force PAL 50 option...).
wink.gif
Unfortunately some games will not work if you try to force PAL50 - Zelda USA and Wii Music USA being amongst them.

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mueueps said:
Does somebody know which games have IOS11-IOS37? Because here is a guide how to remove the October 23 update...

Anybody can help?
Thanks

EDIT 2:

Marcan said:
...For example, Super Mario Galaxy comes with IOS versions 11, 12, 13, 15, 17, 20, 21, 30, 31, 33, 35, and it requires 35...

You should find more/newer IOS on Brawl or newer Games...

wiibrew
When a title (game, channel, etc) starts, it tells the system menu (using a field in the TMD) what version of the IOS it needs to run on -- to support this, the Wii stores all previous firmware versions. (For most Wiis, this will be IOS9, IOS11, IOS13, IOS15, IOS17, IOS20, IOS21, IOS30, IOS31, IOS33, IOS34, IOS35, IOS36, and now IOS37).

As of March 22nd, no software uses IOS37 -- the System Menu currently uses IOS30. An updated System Menu will likely use the new IOS37.

Can someone tell me how to find out what IOS are installed on my Wii?

WizardDani

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok guys got it fixed, already removed the oct 23 update. ^^

mueuep said:

Anybody can help?
Thanks

In reality it is not necessary, I'll explain what I did:

1) Downgraded my wii to 3.2E using waninkoko's downgrader v1.2
2) Installed the IOS36-64-v1042.wad (not the rev5 one) using wanin's Wad manager v12.2
3) Then I was able to install the cios installer for the new backup launcher, and uninstall/install DVDx, etc. ....
4) Optional: I updated my wii to 3.3E, but, didn't install the shop channel update.

Btw wiigator, I must congratulate you, this new backup launcher is PERFECT, my ssbb and harry potter work perfectly. Thanks!

mueueps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WizardDani said:
Ok guys got it fixed, already removed the oct 23 update. ^^

mueuep said:

Anybody can help?
Thanks

In reality it is not necessary, I'll explain what I did:

1) Downgraded my wii to 3.2E using waninkoko's downgrader v1.2
2) Installed the IOS36-64-v1042.wad (not the rev5 one) using wanin's Wad manager v12.2
3) Then I was able to install the cios installer for the new backup launcher, and uninstall/install DVDx, etc. ....
4) Optional: I updated my wii to 3.3E, but, didn't install the shop channel update.

Btw wiigator, I must congratulate you, this new backup launcher is PERFECT, my ssbb and harry potter work perfectly. Thanks!

me just like you!^^ Jippiyeah!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn