Backup Launcher 0.3 beta

Grav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to get a message "Install returned -1" at the end when trying to install the new CIOS. Anybody else having this issue? I tried it both before and after uninstalling the old CIOS.

WiiGator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
unicode2CP said:
WiiGator said:
Q. Will this brick my Wii?
A. There is a slim chance that it will. I have installed the cIOS countless times with no problems. But just make sure you follow the onscreen instructions. It is possible that someone puts malicious software on a game disc. I suggest to run only games which are correctly signed by Nintendo! You can check this for example by running extractpartition. Don't install updates from a burned game disc of a different region, this was already reported to brick your Wii, when using a hardware modchip.

Hi WiiGator, is there any alternative way to check is backup disc originally signed from Nintendo? For example, directly from DVD drive from already burned game disc? I think that such application is really necessary. There is so many games over the net that are modified and trucha signed by some kids. All people don't have 3.3 firmware's installed on their Wii systems. I don't know does extractpartition can check game disc authenticity on this way, can you made some good application for that purpose?

Best regards.

I've one small program that checks it (removed copy from extractpartition). I assume that you want a Windows GUI, but I only use Linux. Maybe someone want to port it to Windows.

unicode2CP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
WiiGator said:
I've one small program that checks it (removed copy from extractpartition). I assume that you want a Windows GUI, but I only use Linux. Maybe someone want to port it to Windows.

I don't need application with Windows GUI, only one that works on Windows OS. Can you make that application (extractpartition with removed copy) public available? If answer is positive, please, release application in "compiled" form that works on Windows.

Best regards.

pure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiGator said:
unicode2CP said:
WiiGator said:
Q. Will this brick my Wii?
A. There is a slim chance that it will. I have installed the cIOS countless times with no problems. But just make sure you follow the onscreen instructions. It is possible that someone puts malicious software on a game disc. I suggest to run only games which are correctly signed by Nintendo! You can check this for example by running extractpartition. Don't install updates from a burned game disc of a different region, this was already reported to brick your Wii, when using a hardware modchip.

Hi WiiGator, is there any alternative way to check is backup disc originally signed from Nintendo? For example, directly from DVD drive from already burned game disc? I think that such application is really necessary. There is so many games over the net that are modified and trucha signed by some kids. All people don't have 3.3 firmware's installed on their Wii systems. I don't know does extractpartition can check game disc authenticity on this way, can you made some good application for that purpose?

Best regards.

First off: Thanks for your great work
wink.gif
!
Id would be nice to have the program for linux too, there are some people out here who are linux users, like me
tongue.gif

Thor1981

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
nextgencorp.es
XP
Country
It works perfectly, the speed is practically equal to an original, these are, is evidence:
ISS Pro Evolution (Perfect) Backup Creator
Shin Chan (100% functional) Backup Creator
Will continue to report
Wiigator you're a genius.

COS-K

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
MARIO KART {PAL} wii and The house of the death {PAL} patched works fine on my pal wii, no bug, very fast loading, ... Thank you for all wiigator (team)

Sry for my bad english !

locustlx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guitar hero:world tour and guitar hero custom games work fine

Only experienced some lag on one of the customs but that was a faulty disc error

elsocplayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, great work Waninkoko and WiiGator. I really appreciate this work specially how I'm new to the Wii scene. I mostly know how to's on a psp but with the wii it has been a bit diferent.
To my dilemma. I had updated to 3.3u last week. Homebrew channel and everything else continued to work. I uninstalled everything how the instructions said, I installed the cIOS included and at the end of the installation I had a -1 and froze there. and now when I wanna run a backup it gives me a "DVD NOT VALID" error. The backups used to work with the v0.1 launcher. Any ideas on what I can do? or would I have to wait?

Grav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elsocplayer said:
First of all, great work Waninkoko and WiiGator. I really appreciate this work specially how I'm new to the Wii scene. I mostly know how to's on a psp but with the wii it has been a bit diferent.
To my dilemma. I had updated to 3.3u last week. Homebrew channel and everything else continued to work. I uninstalled everything how the instructions said, I installed the cIOS included and at the end of the installation I had a -1 and froze there. and now when I wanna run a backup it gives me a "DVD NOT VALID" error. The backups used to work with the v0.1 launcher. Any ideas on what I can do? or would I have to wait?

Just like the rest of us poor suckers who updated, you'll have to wait til someone conjures up a way to get around it post-update.

picano

Trophies
Website
soifall.net
XP
Country
United States
Thank you wiigator!

I have tested my previous two backups (Osouji Sentai Clean Keeper and Mario Kart) and have updated the matrix accordingly.

And... I offer you my services, 1 free 3D render! (Samples)

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
three or four days ago everybody expected a release and the thread about the loader was flooded by up to 400 people at the same time. now the release has arrived only 35 watching this thread and about a 100 the thread in the wii hacking forum. funny
smile.gif

@wiigator, waninkoko and all the beta testers: Thank you very much! i really appreciate what you are doing. please keep on spending your time and affords to the community. THX again!

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Im watching but also doing making up a single zip with step by steps on how to install and also how to upgrade - Wiigator did a great job on this though - its simple and he has a Q&A already so nothing needs to be added , but i have post 3 in case we do have any issues that need updating and he is too tired after all that hard work
biggrin.gif

ChronoX_

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried 2 games now 1:1 and both don't work
hate2.gif

I get a black screen after the licensed by nintendo screen, and the other game give me an error saying that I have to remove the disc and power off.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sara-chan said:
It seems like 1:1 are actually less compatible than decrypted so far.
Try decrypting the games and you might not have any trouble.
I had most of the normal games i have working fine - i tried mario kart and it didnt work , but i think thats my copy of it and not the games fault.

Ill be testing properly tomorrow

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1