PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
NahuelDS said:
Why not Wii?? this game will be perfect for it.
angry.gif

Haven't the past telltale engine game that were ported to the wii been pretty heavily criticised in terms of how they run?
That's probably why.

yeah, like this
That happens when you heavily compress a game to fit 50MB which is the standard for a WiiWare game.
If Nintendo releases Back To The Future just like any other retail game. The quality will be almost as good as the PC version.

QUOTE(Bladexdsl @ Dec 19 2010, 03:01 AM)
cos the wii doesnt have 1.21 GW of power to support it!
"what the heck is a gigawatt?!" LOL

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Joe88 said:
signed up and already got my serial, now just waiting for the download on the 22nd

8BitWalugi said:
DiscostewSM said:
When I heard that MJF wasn't gonna voice Marty, I wasn't sure about it, but I was reaffirmed with the impersonation of the voice actor doing the part.
When I heard Marty's voice, I thought it was MJF. Then I saw that it wasn't. I still can't believe it isn't him.
its actually an impersonator

it was in one of the interviews one of his skills is he could match the voice the fox almost perfectly and he was surprised he actually got a job because of something like that
hehe same here, February and I'll have it.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
NahuelDS said:
yeah, like this
That happens when you heavily compress a game to fit 50MB which is the standard for a WiiWare game.
i actually played all the MI games except the last ep on the wii i put up with the jerky vids, terrible colors and buggy shit (it froze quite a few times no BS) until i could take it no more and played the last ep on the PC.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
NahuelDS said:
Law said:
NahuelDS said:
Why not Wii?? this game will be perfect for it.
angry.gif
Haven't the past telltale engine game that were ported to the wii been pretty heavily criticised in terms of how they run?
That's probably why.
yeah, like this
If Nintendo releases Back To The Future just like any other retail game. The quality will be almost as good as the PC version.

Not necessarily. Whilst compressing the games to 50MB probably didn't help, you still need a decent-ish PC to run a telltale engine game at a decent framerate at high quality. The Wii version would still be vastly inferior to the PC version in terms of graphics, unless they decided it would be fine to let the game run at three frames per second.

Edit: Pulled from steam, these are the minimum system requirements for the last Sam & Max season.

Processor: 2.0 GHz (3 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent rec.)
Memory: 1 GB
Graphics: 128MB DirectX 8.1-compliant video card (128MB rec.)

the Mac specs are similar, but only require 256MB of RAM.

edit 2: not to mention the wii version would be running in a much lower resolution than the PC version.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
Not necessarily. Whilst compressing the games to 50MB probably didn't help, you still need a decent-ish PC to run a telltale engine game at a decent framerate at high quality. The Wii version would still be vastly inferior to the PC version in terms of graphics, unless they decided it would be fine to let the game run at three frames per second.

Edit: Pulled from steam, these are the minimum system requirements for the last Sam & Max season.

Processor: 2.0 GHz (3 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent rec.)
Memory: 1 GB
Graphics: 128MB DirectX 8.1-compliant video card (128MB rec.)

the Mac specs are similar, but only require 256MB of RAM.

edit 2: not to mention the wii version would be running in a much lower resolution than the PC version.
yeah you are right... the Wii is shit. the 360 is the best
anyway.... going to get my new black Wii in a couple of hours!!
yaywii.gif

LOL

Ontopic: you are right, everyone knows that the Wii have low specs, the game should be coded specially for that console in order to have good performance/graphics. If you compare games like Xenoblade with Tales Of Monkey.... you see that the first one have superior graphics.... but TOM works like shit because it was not coded specially for the Wii.

and no.... the Wii is not shit

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awssk8er said:
The game looked completely awesome until I found out it was a point and click game... and that it's in five parts. Was that really necessary?

A) I thought Telltale put a lot of their adventure games into episodes.
B) Point and click is bad? I'm no fan but that's simply because it's not my genre. It's still a great genre.
C) It's the best way to celebrate the series. It's better than putting some shitty action game or some shitty racing game out. Point and click makes it more like a movie and gives more of what fans want: Back to the Future adventures.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
awssk8er said:
and that it's in five parts. Was that really necessary?
i guess you havn't played sam and max or monkey island than this is what telltale does now releases each part of the game in it's own ep like a tv show
tongue.gif

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
awssk8er said:
and that it's in five parts. Was that really necessary?
i guess you havn't played sam and max or monkey island than this is what telltale does now releases each part of the game in it's own ep like a tv show
tongue.gif
Nope, you are right. I've never played one of their games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson