AYANEO Pocket EVO, a 7" OLED Android gaming handheld, launched

Screenshot_2024-08-10-06-18-57-680_com.brave.browser.png

It's that time of the week again: the launch of yet another retro handheld. After launching the Pocket DMG and MICRO, AYANEO is back with another Android-based handheld. The AYANEO Pocket EVO Is billed as the first 7-inch Android handheld gaming device with a 120Hz OLED display.

Some of the device's highlighted features are as follows:
  • Snapdragon G3x Gen 2 Gaming Platform: Experience top-tier gaming performance with 15W TDP power release.
  • 7-inch 1080p 120Hz OLED Screen: Enjoy stunning visuals with HDR support and 800 nits brightness.
  • X86-level Cooling System: Ensures sustained performance without overheating.
  • 8600mAh Large Battery: Provides extended gaming sessions on the go.
  • Hall Sensing Joysticks and Hall Linear Triggers: Experience precision control with no drift and no dead zones.
  • Slim & Lightweight Design: Weighs just 478g and features a slim profile of only 17mm at its thinnest point.

Early Bird pricing for the AYANEO Pocket EVO start at $389 via the official Indiegogo campaign. However, caution is advised as usual with crowdfunded campaigns.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Xzi

Go touch grace
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Already exists, natively even
I mean, Android is Linux-based already. I still don't see an ARM processor performing as well in x64 applications regardless, and the early bird price on the 16GB RAM model is only $17 less than a Steam Deck OLED.

Market is just so damn saturated with these things, and AYANEO always seems to be trying to play catch-up with AYN. Screen seems like it'll be nice, but the appeal is still extremely limited.

ertaboy356b

Trophies
XP
I'd like to be able to use powerful stuff like this IF only the right controller is removable. Mobile MOBAs are big from where I live, and these kinds of games are impossible to map on a standard gamepad.

Master X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is their even a market for stuff like this anymore? "Might as well buy a Steam Deck" is a descriptor for most of their product line at this point.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is their even a market for stuff like this anymore? "Might as well buy a Steam Deck" is a descriptor for most of their product line at this point.
I still haven't bought one yet. I think I'd get either the odin 2 or the gba sp form factor one... but I just don't need any of them.
Get a damn mister and game like a king I say!

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I still haven't bought one yet. I think I'd get either the odin 2 or the gba sp form factor one... but I just don't need any of them.
Get a damn mister and game like a king I say!
The Odin 2 is really nice, I got one for my partner after she saw my Odin 2 Mini. Awesome power, great battery life, and the blessed Vita D-Pad. Stellar systems.

Reactions: Xzi

DJ-Yoshiman

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm glad you made the post as short as it is, but given how frequently these devices keep propping up, perhaps just a quick summary of the differences from the last release would be more beneficial?

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, tbf, the Steam Deck is kind of big and I'm sure some people prefer a smaller device.
That's pretty much the reason I never got on with the Deck. Could never argue the value it offers or even the intuitiveness of its OS, it's just a massive thing. Even Windows handhelds like the ROG Ally manage to be that marginal bit more portable to make them easier for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: anyone here?