Hacking *~Auto Injectuwad Injector~* -kept updated-

wheepenpen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
creffca said:
Yes, a lot of people do seem to have issues with the program. Its hard for us to pinpoint these issues since we can't reproduce them on our systems. But to address your specific issue, are you sure your ROMS contain the 0x200 len snes header? Also, try injecting manually (the info on howto is scattered around).

OK, i downloaded another version of the Earthbound rom and it worked... the earlier ones I tried may have been lacking that header. Thanks a lot guys!
grog.gif

death69inc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used only US(!) nogood snes 2.01 verified roms
havent used any hacks yet

all have worked in one wad or another i have tried

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
That tool is being stupid. It says it can't find the .wad file even know it detects it in the auto inject program.

So I have to locate it myself and let it decrypt. Then is extracts the data and says the .des can't be found.

creffca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RadioShadow said:
That tool is being stupid. It says it can't find the .wad file even know it detects it in the auto inject program.

So I have to locate it myself and let it decrypt. Then is extracts the data and says the .des can't be found.

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
They were. In fact the tool doesn't like my folder name having '+' in. Grrrr.

I just put the tools in a folder called 'Inject' and all the problems ere solved.
gbasp.gif

EDIT: Okay, I tried replacing Panel de Pon (JP) with Donkey Kong Country (PAL) and it's came up with a Nintendo message:

TO RESUME GAME PLAY,
TURN OFF YOUR CONTROL DECK AND DISCONNECT
ANY ATTACHMENT OR GAME
ALTERING DEVICE.
REFER TO YOUR GAME PAK
INSTRUCTION BOOKLET
FOR FURTHER INFORMTION.
NINTENDO

I'm nor sure if that message is from the rom or the rom can't run. The message scares me.

I'm going to try Mario Picross when it's downloaded which is a PAL 60Hz game.

JALsnipe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Google is your friend. I think you need tot extract it from one of your wii discs or from the console itself.

Anyway, I'm to inject Goldeneye (the good dump: "GoldenEye007(U)[!].z64") into the Sin and Punishment WAD. I get to the point when bannertool opens, but then it closes, and an error box pops up showing this:
Code:
Runtime error '75':
Path/file access error

[OK]

So I click ok, and it just closes the program.

Anyone else have this problem? It shouldn't be the directory, because all the files are in 'C:\Inject'

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

-JALsnipe

Prince Valmont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work, NightStalKeR and creffca!

If I may, I have two suggestions:

1. Black Banner for the channel view (Until a way to replace the channel icon come about)
2. The Save Files. I have about 5 DKC2 save files, without a way to determine which injected game they are for. Perhaps there's a string where we can edit the name of the Save File display.

Again, great job, and thank you for continuing to work hard and put up with people (like myself) who don't easily catch on to things.

I was able to get Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Secret of Mana (FontFix), and Legend of Zelda: Parallel Worlds working, and I have you guys to thank!

Ds342

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I use the auto injecting program "wadtool" dosn't open so I open it myself and it then automaticly finds the rom and decrypts it, but when wadtool is done the autoinjecter says "waiting for wad tool to finish" even though it is finished. So I close wadtool mauelly (as thats what You had to do when you used the command line version) but the program still says "waiting for wadtool to finish". I'm really confused because the previous injectuwad releases worked fine.

EDIT:It works fine with n64 games but not with nes games(which support for was supposetly added)

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
PAL 50Hz option is the worse invention ever.

So we can basically replace roms with WAD VC files. For SNES, the best WAD to use is Donkey Kong Country 2 as it's a big size WAD and large roms can fit in and work.

Now this is fine for US Wii's which can add any 60HZ SNES game. For EU Wii's, only 50Hz games can be placed.
frown.gif

Now if you want to run 60HZ US/JP SNES games on a PAL Wii, you will have to use the only PAL 60HZ WAD. Mario Picross. This only allows about a 1MB size room so Earthbound won't fit. I've got Zombies Ate My Neighbour's to work and I'm removing the spare data in Panel de Pon so it can fit.

The only only other WAD to try is Gladius III but I can't find the WAD and I guess it will be smaller as well. Let's just hope someone can figure out how to get US NTSC VC WADs working on PAL console. (I tried the freethewads tool and that didn't work).

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
RadioShadow said:

So we can basically replace roms with WAD VC files. For SNES, the best WAD to use is Donkey Kong Country 2 as it's a big size WAD and large roms can fit in and work.

Now this is fine for US Wii's which can add any 60HZ SNES game. For EU Wii's, only 50Hz games can be placed.
frown.gif

Now if you want to run 60HZ US/JP SNES games on a PAL Wii, you will have to use the only PAL 60HZ WAD. Mario Picross. This only allows about a 12MB size room so Earthbound won't fit. I've got Zombies Ate My Neighbour's to work and I'm removing the spare data in Panel de Pon so it can fit.

The only only other WAD to try is Gladius III but I can't find the WAD and I guess it will be smaller as well. Let's just hope someone can figure out how to get US NTSC VC WADs working on PAL console. (I tried the freethewads tool and that didn't work).

Treasure Hunter G works perfect with the DKC2 wad - I don't notice much in the way of speed difference as it seems to run in sync.
But you're right regarding the lack of support for PAL consoles (homebrew at least) everything is made for 60HZ and results in a red/black picture and super slow.

SNES9x is just terrible running it through PAL
frown.gif

Smashingblue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The program is unable to open the wadtool.exe for me. Also if I manually open it, it ends up giving an error of "invalid file name".

I decided to name the wad as "title.wad" and then I get an error stating it can't find .des files.

This is using the program in N64 mode.

dj_skual

Code & Mix
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
Smashingblue said:
The program is unable to open the wadtool.exe for me. Also if I manually open it, it ends up giving an error of "invalid file name".

I decided to name the wad as "title.wad" and then I get an error stating it can't find .des files.

This is using the program in N64 mode.

same troubles for me
and in snes mode the final wad of mario kart is just about 7ko instead all seems to done good
don't understand (perhaps vista?)

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Fission said:
RadioShadow said:

frown.gif

Now if you want to run 60HZ US/JP SNES games on a PAL Wii, you will have to use the only PAL 60HZ WAD. Mario Picross. This only allows about a 12MB size room so Earthbound won't fit. I've got Zombies Ate My Neighbour's to work and I'm removing the spare data in Panel de Pon so it can fit.

Treasure Hunter G works perfect with the DKC2 wad - I don't notice much in the way of speed difference as it seems to run in sync.
But you're right regarding the lack of support for PAL consoles (homebrew at least) everything is made for 60HZ and results in a red/black picture and super slow.

frown.gif

Did Treasure Hunt G have any boarders while playing on the PAL machine? People have said the emulator are set to run on ever 60Hz or 50Hz but I wonder if that's true.

Anyway, I just had a look at the actual Super Mario Picross rom and it's 1MB. So US/JP games that are that size or lower will work fine. Just the good ones won't work.
frown.gif

EDIT: Well placing Earthbound US over Donkey Kong Country PAL worked, just the emulator wouldn't run it and the rom loaded a message saying this.
frown.gif

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
RadioShadow said:
Fission said:
RadioShadow said:

frown.gif

frown.gif

Did Treasure Hunt G have any boarders while playing on the PAL machine? People have said the emulator are set to run on ever 60Hz or 50Hz but I wonder if that's true.

Anyway, I just had a look at the actual Super Mario Picross rom and it's 1MB. So US/JP games that are that size or lower will work fine. Just the good ones won't work.
frown.gif

EDIT: Well placing Earthbound US over Donkey Kong Country PAL worked, just the emulator wouldn't run it and the rom loaded a message saying this.
frown.gif

The Border is thicker at the top of the screen than on bottom of the screen - I'd say it's around 3cm top and 1cm on the bottom.

I notice no difference changing the Wii to 50/60hz respectively - runs the same speed.

Problem is if you install a USA wad with a PAL injected Rom it doesn't work - (This Channel can't be used) or it crashes.
I made a list of what I discovered while testing various setups
Hopefully it might be useful to you.

Regions:
0 = NTSC (J) - Not Tested
1 = NTSC (U)
2 = PAL
3 = RegionFree

1 refuses to work on PAL Hostrom+ NTSC Injected Rom
1 refused to work with NTSC Hostrom+ NTSC Injected Rom (This Channel can't be used)
1 refused to work with PAL Hostrom+ PAL Injected Rom
1 refused to work with NTSC Hostrom+ PAL Injected Rom

3 Works on most of the PAL Hostrom+ NTSC Injected Roms apart from the odd one that while runs has no sound or/and then crashes.

2 mostly gives Not designed For Console if using a NTSC Host Rom with a NTSC Injected Rom
2 Works on most of the PAL Hostrom+ PAL Injected Rom apart from the odd one that while runs has no sound or/and then crashes.

Trying the Super Metroid PAL.wad with Earthbound (NTSC) Region = 3
Both are 24-megabit cartridges

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
JALsnipe said:
Google is your friend. I think you need tot extract it from one of your wii discs or from the console itself.

Anyway, I'm to inject Goldeneye (the good dump: "GoldenEye007(U)[!].z64") into the Sin and Punishment WAD. I get to the point when bannertool opens, but then it closes, and an error box pops up showing this:
Code:
Runtime error '75':
Path/file access error

[OK]

So I click ok, and it just closes the program.

Anyone else have this problem? It shouldn't be the directory, because all the files are in 'C:\Inject'

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

-JALsnipe
exact same problem here... but it pops up after everything is finished and the wad is repacked. i get a complete working wad that installs and plays, but the banner never changed.

i injected earthbound into donkey kong country 2

any help is appreciated!

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Hi NightStalKeR and creffca
smile.gif
!

Many thanks for the new "v2.4 NES support" version.

I used it for replace Mr. Dream to Mike Tyson on the "Punch-Out" VC game
yaypsp.gif
!!!

For people who are having the "hung WadTool" problem:

1. Unzip the files in a folder located at "C:\". The folder must have a short name (like "inyectuwad").

2. Remember to add the "common-key.bin", the WAD and game rom file in that folder.

See ya
cool.gif
!

Slong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wichoxp said:
Hi NightStalKeR and creffca
smile.gif
!

Many thanks for the new "v2.4 NES support" version.

I used it for replace Mr. Dream to Mike Tyson on the "Punch-Out" VC game
yaypsp.gif
!!!

For people who are having the "hung WadTool" problem:

1. Unzip the files in a folder located at "C:\". The folder must have a short name (like "inyectuwad").

2. Remember to add the "common-key.bin", the WAD and game rom file in that folder.

See ya
cool.gif
!
Yeah, what he said ^^^
I had 'probs' trying to inject doubledragon 2 into smb2 but figured out the same things mentioned above - simple foldername, not "Auto+injectuwad+injector....."etc and key.bin named common-key.bin.

Worked a treat!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...