callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

I´ve been trying to get this to work for at least a week now and have had no luck.

I think it must have something to do with Windows ´cause with some, it works on their lap tops, but not on their pc´s.

Anyway something wierd I came across, might help to point towards the problem, might not, but it is odd.

Pilotwings PAL > S&P PAL. Auto run, slightly larger. Manually (NjoeN´s method (hope that names right)) right size, but -1120 error

Pilotwings NTSC > S&P NTSC. Autorun A wad of 200 something KB. Manually, right size, but -1120 error.

Why would there be such a difference inserting the same games, using the same exact method just for different regions?

And Manually inserting them produces exactly the same results?

wacko.gif
wacko.gif

creffca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
callmebob said:
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

I´ve been trying to get this to work for at least a week now and have had no luck.

I think it must have something to do with Windows ´cause with some, it works on their lap tops, but not on their pc´s.

Anyway something wierd I came across, might help to point towards the problem, might not, but it is odd.

Pilotwings PAL > S&P PAL. Auto run, slightly larger. Manually (NjoeN´s method (hope that names right)) right size, but -1120 error

Pilotwings NTSC > S&P NTSC. Autorun A wad of 200 something KB. Manually, right size, but -1120 error.

Why would there be such a difference inserting the same games, using the same exact method just for different regions?

And Manually inserting them produces exactly the same results?

wacko.gif
wacko.gif

In the manual injection do you change the region flag in the title/ticket name? The four letter code is in the format of GameType, GameID1, GameID2, Region.

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanx for the response. Not so sure what you mean, and I´m not sure how to go about doing that.

The only thing that I´ve tried out that sounds remotely like that is to change the .tmd at line 19d with a hex editor.

If you can explain, I´ll be more than glad to give it a shot.

btw used 2.5 version.

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I need some trouble shooting help.

I'm trying AutoInjectuwad Injector 2.5 to inject (SNES) Daffy Duck - The Marvin Missions in to Street Fighter II. When I hit start, AutoInectuwad says the status is "Waiting for WadTool to start," which doesn't happen. Though if I manually open WadTool, AIW takes over and decrypts the Wad and leaves me with SF.000-SF.006.def. Then the AIW status reads "waiting for WadTool to finish," which doesn't happen, so I closed WadTool manually and AIW never continued doing anything after that.

I've installed the VB Runtime files. Suggestions?

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
unsure.gif
dunno if it would work, but rename the .des files to .app files, then close out wadtool?

(edit) doubt it because that should be in the next steps anyway, but if the program isn´t doing anything anyway.....

creffca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bobitos said:
I need some trouble shooting help.

I'm trying AutoInjectuwad Injector 2.5 to inject (SNES) Daffy Duck - The Marvin Missions in to Street Fighter II. When I hit start, AutoInectuwad says the status is "Waiting for WadTool to start," which doesn't happen. Though if I manually open WadTool, AIW takes over and decrypts the Wad and leaves me with SF.000-SF.006.def. Then the AIW status reads "waiting for WadTool to finish," which doesn't happen, so I closed WadTool manually and AIW never continued doing anything after that.

I've installed the VB Runtime files. Suggestions?

You need the .net runtime too. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

creffca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bobitos said:
Nope. Didn't work. Same story.

Try running injectuwad.exe (not the auto injector) and see if a message box pops up. If not, and you know how to use command line, then run injectuwad.exe from the command line and take note of what it says.

Smashingblue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZombiePosessor said:
Just to let everyone know, I've updated the compatibility WIKI with a bunch of NES and SNES games.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/VCI...mpatiblity_List

I've been adding games to the other compatibility list. Probably should decide which one is the official one, so as to have a more complete list. (Unless someone will constantly keep both up to date.

ZombiePosessor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smashingblue said:
ZombiePosessor said:
Just to let everyone know, I've updated the compatibility WIKI with a bunch of NES and SNES games.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/VCI...mpatiblity_List

I've been adding games to the other compatibility list. Probably should decide which one is the official one, so as to have a more complete list. (Unless someone will constantly keep both up to date.

Well, the SNES list is almost identical now. I'd say, since we're on GBATemp, we make the GBAtemp the official compatibility WIKI, this site has friggin' everything, why not keep it that way? I've edited enough today, someone want to get the GBATemp N64 section up-to-date?

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
There is a problem with the way the injectlist is done.

Just an observation-

Rudra No Hihou (English version) will not run on a PAL console using the DKC2 PAL/NTSC wad
It will only run on PAL with Donkey Kong Country.

I think you should add which console was used to test

ie
Code:
TÂÂTreasure Of The Rudras (Rudra No Hihou J) | DKC2(NTSC) | NTSC consoles only
TÂÂTreasure Of The Rudras (Rudra No Hihou J) | DKC(PAL)ÂÂ | PAL consoles only

This way people can see
'Ok I can't inject Treasure Of The Rudras into DKC2(NTSC).wad lets try DKC(PAL)

I have so far not managed to get an Original NTSC.wad to run on my Wii - even with freethewads.

Hope it makes sense

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, after injecting Rampart into Kirby's Adventure I got the game to boot. It probably didn't work with Super Mario Bros. because the rom size is much smaller than Rampart. Super Mario Bros. is 40 KB and Rampart is 256 KB. I guess the NES portion of the Injectuwad program doesn't have any kind of warning for rom size overwriting.

Anyway, although I did get Rampart to boot, it wasn't fully working (at least correctly). I played a 2-player match with my girlfriend and the game was fully playable, but it looked like the palate was incorrect, or something to that effect. everything was colored differently than it should normally be, but it's not like it was a palate swap because things that are the same color (like the border around the screen ) were colored differently in separate spots. Also the screen went black and white during certain points like settings and in between mode switches.

So that sucks, because that's one of the games I really want on my Wii...

And about the rom overriding problem, where games are too big/small for the wad they're being injected to, isn't that something that you can fix with padding? I mean, I don't know, I'm just offering a suggestion.

Edit: Oh, and do Virtual Console games not run in whatever screen mode you're using? I run 16:9 and I could tell that the image was horribly stretched, even when pressing home.

creffca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tomobobo said:
Alright, after injecting Rampart into Kirby's Adventure I got the game to boot. It probably didn't work with Super Mario Bros. because the rom size is much smaller than Rampart. Super Mario Bros. is 40 KB and Rampart is 256 KB. I guess the NES portion of the Injectuwad program doesn't have any kind of warning for rom size overwriting.

Anyway, although I did get Rampart to boot, it wasn't fully working (at least correctly). I played a 2-player match with my girlfriend and the game was fully playable, but it looked like the palate was incorrect, or something to that effect. everything was colored differently than it should normally be, but it's not like it was a palate swap because things that are the same color (like the border around the screen ) were colored differently in separate spots. Also the screen went black and white during certain points like settings and in between mode switches.

So that sucks, because that's one of the games I really want on my Wii...

And about the rom overriding problem, where games are too big/small for the wad they're being injected to, isn't that something that you can fix with padding? I mean, I don't know, I'm just offering a suggestion.

Edit: Oh, and do Virtual Console games not run in whatever screen mode you're using? I run 16:9 and I could tell that the image was horribly stretched, even when pressing home.

Yeah, I really need to update that readme. NES injection can't tell how large the host rom is, so the best bet is to use kirby or SMB3. As for injecting roms of different sizes, theoretically I could inject larger roms, but that would require updating the entire file structure of the 00000005.app file. Padding is not needed for injecting smaller roms because essentially the left over data from the larger rom is the padding. Its wasteful, but once again doing it "correctly" would require updating the entire file structure. Finally, I have no idea about video modes, sorry.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's cool, thanks for the fast reply. I'm just glad to have it working for me finally.

If I may suggest an easy and helpful (at least to me) option for the next version of the program, it'd be nice if you could separate the .wad's and the roms and the injected outputs into separate directories, as it gets pretty cluttered and confusing when doing multiple injections.

Like for example (and I know you're trying an extremely user friendly approach, but) you could require the user to put their roms from different consoles into different directories labeled accordingly, as well as the wads. Having the user put the NES roms and wads into NES Rom and wad directories respectively, would eliminate clutter both within the user's directories and within the program. Also, an output directory for the injected wads would be very nice as the wads are dumped into the same directory as the rest of your wads and then you end up with a large list of wads to inject to.

Gamesphere

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Damn, I've been trying to get WinBack to work. I've injected it into Mario Kart 64, S&P, Kirby, and 1080 Snowboarding. All of them say WinBack is too big to be injected. It has a file size of 16MB but ost of the WADS are 44MB. Is all of that space just padding?

It looks like Nintendo has to release a bigger N64 game in order for me to try it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries