Australia Sitting On Oil Basin Worth $20 Trillion Dollars

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's enough oil to make several large counties energy independent for hundreds of years. Along with all the new oil finds and what we can get from cracking. We can tell OPEC and the middle east assholes to fuck off. We don't need to be engaged in endless wars we have our own oil now.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That's enough oil to make several large counties energy independent for hundreds of years. Along with all the new oil finds and what we can get from cracking. We can tell OPEC and the middle east assholes to fuck off. We don't need to be engaged in endless wars we have our own oil now.
Actually the OPEC countries are already very dependent on the oil they sell that it's basically impossible for them to stop selling it. Sure they can raise prices, but countries like Russia are already more than eager to sell theirs at a bit lower price than OPEC. Also considering the latest problems in the middle east, it's not possible even that much as it was before :3

danweb

Trophies
Website
www.syn.org.au
XP
Country
Oh boy, I get to add another entry to my big list of reasons to never go to Australia: "it's about to become a warzone."

I assure you that Australia is not going to become a warzone as a result of this find, however, as an Australian myself, I am interested as to these other reason why you are never going to come to Australia.

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The heat, bogans, that one state is on fire while the one next to it is flooded, the possibility of Abbott becoming PM or the fact Gillard is currently. :)

Anyway, if Amsterdam was in your country, why would you leave?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Though I can certainly recount hazy memories of shambling around Amsterdam rather worse for wear and the with collective wealth of the group being decidedly lower than it perhaps should have been I do have to mention http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FreestateAmsterdam exists for a reason.

I would agree warzone is somewhat unlikely and it hope it stays that way if for no other reason than it will mean people will remember Tomorrow, When the War Began for all the wrong reasons. That said looking at a temperature graph and it saying midnight temperatures are North of 20 C with humidity worrying the 80% mark and higher (http://www.weatherzone.com.au/nsw/sydney/sydney/detailed-forecast ).... and it being nothing unusual (granted that is in summer) does rather trouble those that are used to the decidedly cooler conditions that most of Europe deals with.
All that on top of lousy internet and.... interesting access to international goods means a definite pause for consideration is warranted before embarking on a voyage to and long term spell in the Antipodes.

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
...not gowna happen!

We can only hope :)

I would agree warzone is somewhat unlikely and it hope it stays that way if for no other reason than it will mean people will remember Tomorrow, When the War Began for all the wrong reasons. .

Wait, someone outside of Australia saw that? Was it aired purely because someone that from neighbours was in it?

Dann Woolf

Deadpan Snarker
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I assure you that Australia is not going to become a warzone as a result of this find, however, as an Australian myself, I am interested as to these other reason why you are never going to come to Australia.

Spiders, snakes, crocs, jellyfish, sharks, scorpions and kangaroos for starters. Yes, kangaroos. Those bastards can knock your head clean off off.

Then there's the ramped-up prices for vidyagaems.

Need I go on?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
[Tomorrow, when the war began]
Wait, someone outside of Australia saw that? Was it aired purely because someone that was from neighbours was in it?

I somehow end up seeing a lot of Australian films these days- Aus seems to do a fine line in middling to good horror which is better than the rest of the English speaking world these days. That it was also helmed by Stuart Beattie (though after 30 Days of Night it was a stretch as to whether I bothered) meant I figured I might as well add it to the pile.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up