raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Shiro786 said:
So wait. Does Nintendo have a bunch of sleeper accounts on this forum? i don't get how they just randomnly decided to come to gbatemp.net in november, check that NSMB wii was leaked by a certain poster, and start sueing all within the same time of the game's release...
Shigeru Miyamoto

It's him! He's spying on us!
ph34r.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
crwys said:
I thought it was because he was first to upload the game, and leaked it? Thus the topic name.
I meant this:
QUOTEAussie NSMB Wii pirate
He never pirated NSMB Wii, since he bought it
rolleyes.gif

but thats just a detail...

@iNFiNiTY: I'm sure Ninty watches this site, but I just said that I doubt that they made accounts to catch that guy.

Pattonfiend67

You're F'ng Out!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smash_brew said:
Wasn't that kongnutz that leaked it? Hope hes got some deep pockets.
smash_brew said:
it was kongznutz... crazy stuff. i don't have this game for the wii, but i do have it for the ds when i came out a while back... it's not the same game, but who cares...

poor guy, buys the game and they SUE HIM FOR IT

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
crwys said:
I thought it was because he was first to upload the game, and leaked it? Thus the topic name.
I meant this:
QUOTEAussie NSMB Wii pirate
He never pirated NSMB Wii, since he bought it
rolleyes.gif

but thats just a detail...

@iNFiNiTY: I'm sure Ninty watches this site, but I just said that I doubt that they made accounts to catch that guy.

Ahhh true. He did have a legit copy of the game, but does that make you not a pirate if you are just a supplier? I suppose its down to peoples views...

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pattonfiend67 said:
iNFiNiTY said:
You must be pretty stupid to think Nintendo doesn't watch this site.
iNFiNiTY said:
they can't do anything, watch away... we aren't doing anything wrong except talking about new releases on this site... and LEGAL homebrew that doesn't use ninty code... watch away i say... maybe they will learn a thing or two and listen to fan input...

and the MAIN THING, nothing is hosted here...
Oh yeah, a 1.5 trillion dollar company can't do anything. :roll:

Sachka

Trophies
XP
Country
France
blink.gif
Kongsnutz poor Kongsnutz!!! Its all our fault we didn't believe he got the real game! We made him post pics or it didn't happen
closedeyes.gif

He even posted his purchase bill.

lecture.gif
Next time lets treat people with more respect guys! Have a little faith!

Pattonfiend67

You're F'ng Out!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gore said:
Pattonfiend67 said:
iNFiNiTY said:
You must be pretty stupid to think Nintendo doesn't watch this site.
iNFiNiTY said:
they can't do anything, watch away... we aren't doing anything wrong except talking about new releases on this site... and LEGAL homebrew that doesn't use ninty code... watch away i say... maybe they will learn a thing or two and listen to fan input...

and the MAIN THING, nothing is hosted here...
Gore said:
Pattonfiend67 said:

so you're telling me they are going to sue me for talking about their games... LOL...

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny cause all I saw was, "Oh yeah, a 1.5 trillion dollar company can't do anything. :roll:" meaning, they can do something. He said nothing about they are going to sue you to for talking about their games which is just stupid to think that. Obviously Nintendo can do something if illegal activity has occurred, just like anyone else, its just the people with more money have more power.

Kevin242

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DKAngel said:
it doesnt work like that

not everyone that downloaded it had any intention of buying it, i for one isnt going to buy that game so they lost nothing from me having ac copy of it so to speak. so if i wasnt going to buy it then how can they loose money?

I agree. If you downloaded it you already have a modded Wii, therefore you were likely NOT going to buy it (with a few exceptions). It's more likely if 10,000 downloaded his copy out of those Nintendo lost probably 30 sales... it sounds like they are trying to blame him for Wii piracy which isn't fair.

I feel sorry for the guy, but what was he thinking? At least everyone knows that Nintendo has eyes on this forum.

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Kevin242 said:
DKAngel said:
it doesnt work like that

not everyone that downloaded it had any intention of buying it, i for one isnt going to buy that game so they lost nothing from me having ac copy of it so to speak. so if i wasnt going to buy it then how can they loose money?

I agree. If you downloaded it you already have a modded Wii, therefore you were likely NOT going to buy it (with a few exceptions). It's more likely if 10,000 downloaded his copy out of those Nintendo lost probably 30 sales... it sounds like they are trying to blame him for Wii piracy which isn't fair.

I feel sorry for the guy, but what was he thinking? At least everyone knows that Nintendo has eyes on this forum.

Its arguable and there's no point making up statistics about it. But i can tell you for certain you are completely underestimating how many people downloaded it. Regardless i don't believe such a tiny percentage would completely skip playing one of the biggest wii titles just because they couldn't get it for free.

RC89

Trophies
XP
Country
I feel sorry for the guy. But i doubt that this will affect the whole piracy scene, it never comes to an end, just look at the music and movie industry, its about 8 years since we saw the first pirated music or movies at the web, and how far did it go, where they able to stop the pirating scene? Not as far as i knows.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pattonfiend67 said:
Gore said:
so you're telling me they are going to sue me for talking about their games... LOL...
Yep you're going to jail. Might not want to drop the soap from what tv says, but hey you can tell us if it's anything like that. All because you discussed a game... tsk tsk you should be ashamed of yourself!

chrisman01

Trophies
Website
empireofsteel.thecomicseries.com
XP
Country
United States
ChrisRX said:
Sorry but you did not hack anything, the software altered the wii, the hackers coded the software. All you did was run their software.
Have a read of this. If you understand all of it, only then will you be allowed to call yourself a hacker. Until then, you are just a person who ran some software.

OK, I understood most of that... Should my geekyness scare me?
blink.gif

I know C++ and actionscript 2.0 (some 3.0), so that probably helped, and I'm a Linux user... crap, I gotta get out more. Before I start wanting to hack the school server....

...Hmm, I wonder...
ph34r.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Shiro786 said:
So wait. Does Nintendo have a bunch of sleeper accounts on this forum? i don't get how they just randomnly decided to come to gbatemp.net in november, check that NSMB wii was leaked by a certain poster, and start sueing all within the same time of the game's release...

Someone must've ratted him out.

And lol @ opium's post.

yeah thats what i thought, someone must have grassed him up, i won't say who my suspicions are but just leave it at that.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Edhel said:
Ouch. Hefty fine. I wonder how many decades it'll take to pay that off...

Actually, Nintendo wasted their time here. He is obviously never gonna be able to pay them up. He could do jail time instead, that's what I would do, the jail time is minimum compared to the fee he has to pay.

QUOTE(Bladexdsl @ Feb 9 2010, 09:35 AM) nintendo IS in here
they see EVERYTHING!

If they are here, I hope they see this so: nintendo, suck on my **** and go to hell, I hope you guys suffer more losses in the future.

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
Shiro786 said:
Shigeru Miyamoto

It's him! He's spying on us!
ph34r.gif

I took care of him
ph34r.gif

QUOTE(Bladexdsl @ Feb 9 2010, 09:35 AM)
nintendo IS in here
they see EVERYTHING!

You mean.....like G.O.D. ?

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Damn... this sucks for him, I feel so bad for the poor guy I hope he manages to do something
frown.gif

This news has scared the shit out of me and now im scared of using torrents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum