Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
IzzehO said:
Wow owned. This made me 'lol' however:

QUOTE said:
Nintendo was able to employ the use of sophisticated technological forensics to identify the individual responsible for illegally copying the file and making it available for further distribution

Sophisticated technological forensics? ... "We is contact ISP and get name/address from the IP... we is 1337 haxor"

It's sad to think that's a life completely ruined simply because he did something stupid. I can imagine a settlement like that against someone who had been doing it for years with complete disregard, but a first and only timer? It's just sad the bully mentality Nintendo has developed.
rofl.gif

Even I could do that.
smileipb2.png

On-topic: WOAH! A $1.5 million fine? holy shit!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ouch, this hits close to home.

Still, again, this is the whole thing. Uploading gets you fined, downloading really doesn't amount to anything.

Well, I feel sorry for the guy. My hopes and wishes go out to him.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
giantpune said:
too bad he cant just do a bit of jail time and call it done . 2 years in the pen would be better than being in debt the rest of your life.
Really wouldn't that all depend on the cirumstances? I'm sure being some guy named Bubba's bitch is not better than paying back money and maintaining your dignity a little.

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
buffdog said:
kong brv i got love for u mate if your readin this hope you still got love for the game brv
ph34r.gif
bow.gif

its not about being a jack sparrow for some peeps its the love of HACKIN! yes HACKIN! if you didnt hack your wii it would be crap!

and nintendo if your readin this you only got one but their are more of us WE DONT DIE WE MULTIPLY
evil.gif
Sorry but you did not hack anything, the software altered the wii, the hackers coded the software. All you did was run their software.
Have a read of this. If you understand all of it, only then will you be allowed to call yourself a hacker. Until then, you are just a person who ran some software.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
lenitao said:
Nintendo has the rights to do this, well done Nintendo

piracy is really hurting gaming, and releasing a game on the net 1 week before it's official release date means, a lot of people download it without buying, and it's not to "make a backup, so it's not hurt" and this stuff, it's pure piracy...

lol tell it to these guys...
73953_4_4_2009_6_22_10_PM_-_FatCat.jpg

QUOTE(Am0s @ Feb 9 2010, 11:36 AM) nobody forced him tom upload it and if he didnt conceal his identity then more fool him, its like the guy who floored his ferrari along the jap motorway and filmed it, and they used his movie as evidence against him, common sense when doing somthing illegal is you dont shout about it

LOL complete irony you have a bootleg windows xp as your avatar....

as for the guy you have to feel sorry for him, 1.5 mil is a lot of mulla for something as petty as that, it sickens me that people who do animal cruelty get a much lesser fine than this guy on gba temp, how can that be moral? the whole law system is fucked imo, especially in the UK, you don't even have any human rights anymore!

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
frown.gif

Korgsnutz's last post here is one from November of last year, expressing his regret for leaking a game.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Gore said:
frown.gif

Korgsnutz's last post here is one from November of last year, expressing his regret for leaking a game.
His last post is from November 22th. His house was searched and his properties seized on November 23th.
I guess he didn't log-in anymore here on the 'temp because he didn't have a computer anymore?
unsure.gif

Klarkykat

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't get over some of the posts here. I just feel really bad for the guy. He didn't do anything out of badness. Sure he was a bit stupid doing what he did. But nintendo throwing a fine like this at him?

Fuck sake. That shitty game wasn't even worth half of that. Nintendo are making millions upon millions off this. Yet they still need to make a few more by exemplifying some poor guy who uploaded a game for the first time. We all know pirating is illegal, but nintendo's actions on it don't help. There are other ways to combat pirating other than ruining peoples lives over it.

fryguy

Trophies
XP
Country
raulpica said:
Gore said:
frown.gif

His last post is from November 22th. His house was searched and his properties seized on November 23th.
I guess he didn't log-in anymore here on the 'temp because he didn't have a computer anymore?
unsure.gif

On his profile it says: Last Seen: Today, 02:18 PM

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Shiro786 said:
So wait. Does Nintendo have a bunch of sleeper accounts on this forum? i don't get how they just randomnly decided to come to gbatemp.net in november, check that NSMB wii was leaked by a certain poster, and start sueing all within the same time of the game's release...
They came here?
I don't know about that
You don't need to come here to know it was KongsNutz...

The title of this topic is wrong btw.
KN is the only one who didn't pirate the game
tongue.gif

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Klarkykat said:
I can't get over some of the posts here. I just feel really bad for the guy. He didn't do anything out of badness. Sure he was a bit stupid doing what he did. But nintendo throwing a fine like this at him?

Fuck sake. That shitty game wasn't even worth half of that. Nintendo are making millions upon millions off this. Yet they still need to make a few more by exemplifying some poor guy who uploaded a game for the first time. We all know pirating is illegal, but nintendo's actions on it don't help. There are other ways to combat pirating other than ruining peoples lives over it.
He settled out of court, meaning he ACCEPTED the $1.5 mil fine. Nintendo probably could have hit him harder, thus why he settled. Nintendo is selling tons of copies, proving its popularity, making it easy to argue that millions of others pirated it because of him, losing them a large chunk of change. You don't get far in a business if you let asshats walk all over you. The news article is most likely to make an example of the guy, to scare off timid pirates. People take free downloads for granted these days, and this is exactly why they shouldn't. Dude got what he had coming to him.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
Shiro786 said:
So wait. Does Nintendo have a bunch of sleeper accounts on this forum? i don't get how they just randomnly decided to come to gbatemp.net in november, check that NSMB wii was leaked by a certain poster, and start sueing all within the same time of the game's release...
They came here?
I don't know about that
You don't need to come here to know it was KongsNutz...

The title of this topic is wrong btw.
KN is the only one who didn't pirate the game
tongue.gif

I thought it was because he was first to upload the game, and leaked it? Thus the topic name.

Pattonfiend67

You're F'ng Out!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iNFiNiTY said:
You must be pretty stupid to think Nintendo doesn't watch this site.
iNFiNiTY said:
they can't do anything, watch away... we aren't doing anything wrong except talking about new releases on this site... and LEGAL homebrew that doesn't use ninty code... watch away i say... maybe they will learn a thing or two and listen to fan input...

and the MAIN THING, nothing is hosted here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉