Aura Launcher

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Wolfgange, Jul 14, 2015.

?

Which should be added first?

1. An embedded "app store" for downloading more DS homebrew

2. A settings screen and alternate themes

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Wolfgange
    OP

Wolfgange GBAtemp Regular

Feb 9, 2012
    United States
    About
    This is the first release of Aura Launcher, a homebrew launcher based off of hbmenu. Currently, it is only hbmenu with a fancy theme. In the future I intend to add animations and more. Here's the GitHub repository.
    [​IMG]
    Bottom Screen
    Install
    To try out the launcher, place Aura-Launcher.nds (From Main-Version.zip) in the root of your card and start it as you would any other homebrew. To replace it as your default launcher, copy the contents of the install folder to the root of your SD card (Overwriting duplicate files).

Compatibility
    Currently the following cards are supported:
    • Original R4
    • EZ Flash 5
    • DSTT
    • Acekard 2(i)

Many R4i knockoffs are also supported (Such as R4i SDHC and Gold) thanks to fincs, but not included in the download. To use Aura Launcher with one of those cards:

1. Download fincs' bootstrap
    2. Copy the _DS_MENU.DAT and R4.dat files from that download to the root of the SD card
    3. Copy Aura-Launcher.nds to the root of the SD card and rename it to _BOOT_DS.NDS
    Downloads
    Main Version
    Emulator Version (For testing)

Last edited by Wolfgange, Sep 6, 2016

2. Gadorach

Gadorach Electronics Engineering Technologist

Jan 22, 2014
    Canada
    Canada
    Nice! You should update it to support larger cluster sizes on the SD card and test it in DSi-mode on a 3DS, and DSi.

Last edited by Gadorach, Jul 24, 2015
    ipwndeveloper and Wolfgange like this.
  3. Wolfgange
    OP

Feb 9, 2012
    United States
    I would try DSi mode, but unfortunately I don't have an exploit. As for the cluster size, I don't understand the core of the launcher, hbmenu, well enough to attempt that, and I don't think that's too necessary. :)

4. Gadorach

Jan 22, 2014
    Canada
    Canada
    It is for the 3DS, as the DSi-mode through SudokuHax on 3DS won't launch homebrew without 8kb cluster sizes.
    As for the DSi itself, and exploits for it, I'd be willing to NAND-mod and inject the hacked save and do title downgrading for you, if you pay for S&H.
    Of course, you'd need to buy SUDOKU from the DSi store at minimum first, but after that I can do it, no problem.

PM me if you're interested.

Note, this wouldn't include a permanent hard-mod, just a NAND backup for you to hold on to, and the console completely hacked.

5. ipwndeveloper

ipwndeveloper GBAtemp Regular

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    San Fransisco, CA
  6. ipwndeveloper

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    San Fransisco, CA
    the launcher works in DSi Mode, however the last object off the screen is shifted below the frame, (see attached photo), perhaps when listing the directory, you lower the number if printed items, by one. but all else is good, ARGV(exit to menu) still works as it does in HBmenu which is nice.

Attached Files:

• s2.jpeg
      s2.jpeg
      File size:
      1.9 MB
      Views:
  7. Wolfgange
    OP

Feb 9, 2012
    United States
    Thanks for the testing. Yeah, I forgot to decrease the number of menu items. I'll add that fix to the next release which will add animations.

ipwndeveloper likes this.
  8. GhostLatte

GhostLatte Yet Another Shitposter

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    The University of Shitpostology
    Can this work with Sudokuhax?

9. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Spooky cute.

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    I love seeing more work being done in the DS homebrew community! :wub: keep up the great work, I can't wait to see future updates!

10. ipwndeveloper

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    San Fransisco, CA
    Yes. It does, and quite well. Currently requires a SD card under 2GB(due to libfat), but I can verify that it works on the DSiHaxx(Sudokuhaxx/GRTpwn/exidahaxx)!

11. Gadorach

Jan 22, 2014
    Canada
    Canada
    Nope, works up to 64GB (FAT32), just requires that it be set to 8kb clusters.

Wolfgange likes this.
  12. ipwndeveloper

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    San Fransisco, CA
    yep, the 8kb clusters work!
    Oh wow, I had no idea! Also it turns out I need to update devkitarm/ndslibs. still on r40. oops.
    Thanks for the tip!

Last edited by ipwndeveloper, Jul 25, 2015 - Reason: oops i made a FAT mistake.
  13. GhostLatte

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    Are there any benefits to use this over HBMenu for Sudokuhax?

14. ipwndeveloper

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    San Fransisco, CA
    the blue UI looks great on my black DSi. But besides that, functionality is the same of HBmenu, as it is based on the source of it.

Wolfgange likes this.
  15. GhostLatte

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    Can DSi mode homebrew be launched from it?

16. Gadorach

Jan 22, 2014
    Canada
    Canada
    DSi-mode homebrew could always be launched from it, the issue is that there's almost no dsi-mode homebrew. Someone should make a list of DSi-compatible homebrew.

Actually, whoever does it, gets a free DSi mod. You still have to pay S&H, but I'll cover the mod itself. To whoever makes it, PM me the thread and I'll PM you the address to send it. Mod includes a micro-JST install with SD adapter, but no reader. Also includes a copy of your NAND, both original and modified, and the complete Hybred Firmware install. If you install SUDOKU, I'll downgrade that too. Comes with a copy of your CID and ConsoleID as well.

Considering how small the DSi scene is right now, I figure some incentives are in order anyway.

@Wolfgange This offer goes out to you as well, seeing as you're already contributing to the NDS scene, but have no access to DSiWarehax. I'll happily mod your DSi at no charge, past S&H.

WhoAmI?, loco365 and ipwndeveloper like this.
  17. GhostLatte

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    I only found this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/sandbox-engine-dsi-releases.281900/.

18. Gadorach

Jan 22, 2014
    Canada
    Canada
    Well, yes, that is native DSi-brew, but I said a list of DSi-compatible homebrew. That doesn't exclude DS homebrew that also works in DSi-Mode on the DSi through Sudokuhax. If you're willing to make, and get started on making and maintaining a list of compatible homebrew, I'll be happy to award you with the free mod. I assume you'll need one to be able to test titles for the list as well.

Last edited by Gadorach, Jul 25, 2015
  19. ipwndeveloper

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    San Fransisco, CA
    Ahh, here is a half finished list of stuff I tested and verified that works. I removed some of the dead links to images and certain homebrew but most is still there. I will search for the lost binaries on an older sd card tomorrow and update.

WhoAmI? and Gadorach like this.
  20. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    I know of a few titles, I'll try tossing together a list and see what I come up with. Might as well contribute while I can lol.

Also, would you count applications that work under DSi mode, or would apps that have extras when on a DSi be best? A lot of apps built now using devkitpro will work no matter what under TWL mode, since it's more supported now, but not all of them have DSi enhanced features.

Last edited by loco365, Jul 25, 2015
    WhoAmI? likes this.