c80 Banned
    Banned

Germany
    SX OS, ReiNX with sig patches and Atmosphere with sig patches

spotanjo3 likes this.
  2. spotanjo3

spotanjo3 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    I m interesting in ReiNX with sig patches or Atmosphre with sig patches but I am on 3.0.0 and I dont want to update it unless I have to.

3. AlexMCS

AlexMCS GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    You can run both right now and play games up to 3.0.0.
    You can also use choidujourNX to update to the latest FW (5.1.0) without burning your efuses, meaning you can downgrade back to 3.0.0 if you so wish in the future, and play the newest games.

spotanjo3 likes this.
  4. charlieb

charlieb GBAtemp Fan

It's not intended by N though for use by end users. You're right in that the pins are exposed, but without additional equipment (a custom jig) there is no way any official accessory would short those pins.

5. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 QVID PRO QVO
    Developer

Mexico
    Why is everyone even arguing if the jig is a hardmod or not?
    Dafuq are you guys smoking really

A softmod is a term used when you modify a machine's intended behaviour entirely from software, hence the term "softmod".
    Most well known softmod done in consoles are the save exploits done in Xbox and the Wii, like Smash Stack to give an example.

A hardmod (or in some cases also a modchip can fall into the same category) is when you change a machine's intended behaviour by changing how the circuitry or the electronics of it works in any way compared to how it is given to the consumer on sale.
    A jig falls into the category of a hardmod because you are touching certain pins on the hardware side of the machine, even if 1) it's something as simple as shorting them out or using said jig as a simple button-like device, and 2) even if the pins themselves are reachable without opening the console (if it required you to open the console, most people wouldn't hesitate to call it a hardmod).
    The jig still changes how the circuitry works in an original consumer-focused console, so sorry but it's not an in-between or anything like that.

Get yo facts straight, kiddos.

Last edited by ShadowOne333, Aug 3, 2018
    leda, ShonenJump, peteruk and 2 others like this.
  6. Dr.doom

Dr.doom GBAtemp Regular

United States
    After an hour long phone call with Nintendo my ban was the result of a clear log after receiving logs on my previous connection with the eshop so clearly your wrong on it not being risky .

7. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    So, if the Switch won't be making contact with Nintendo's servers in terms of logging, do people really think they're safe?

8. mariogamer

mariogamer GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Which log?
    And i said that sending none isn't a ban flag. I didn't say youcan't be banned for them. Ofc you can and will be banned if those are custom error.

9. ShadowOne333

Developer

Mexico
    Emunand praisers still believe so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10. cearp

cearp 瓜老外
    Developer

Tuvalu
    crazy incredible work... he's a very determined guy.
    all of this, just for pokemon! ;)

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  11. c80

c80 Banned
    Banned

Germany
    because there are a lot of people here that are not very smart and / or educated

Until here it seems that you understood what a hard mod is

but this is wrong on so many levels

touching is not modding

most people are stupid

Obviously it does not. It is intended to behave exactly like this

Exactly: nothing in between. Using a jig is not a modification at all

12. shchmue

shchmue Developer
    Developer

United States
    oh that should go in the banning hub https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-banning-hub-warning.508710/
    either way @Draxzelex this might be useful info to finally put that argument to rest if it's legit

Draxzelex and Dr.doom like this.
  13. mariogamer

mariogamer GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Depends on what you block or if it needs a replacement.In this case clog are fine to not to send, because, for Nintendo,it looks like you had no fatal error, which is normal.

14. ShadowOne333

Developer

Mexico
    The Switch is (or rather was) not expected to enter RCM from a consumer-side.
    The fact that you have to simply connect two pins to enter it, being it for debugging purposes or whatever, was an undesired fuck up from Nvidia's side. Maybe the developers intended to use it for debugging, but not the consumer.
    If it was intended to behave like that, it would have shipped already shorted out and with RCM enabled from factory directly to the consumer.

However, it is not.
    The fact that you are connecting two pins, albeit momentarily, is still a modification to how the hardware was given to you from stock.
    Even so if shorted pins are not required to be permanent.

Last edited by ShadowOne333, Aug 3, 2018
    leda likes this.
  15. c80

c80 Banned
    Banned

Germany
    So you are saying that it is a mod because it is used by others than the intended users? That would make it a 'user mod' if only the user is 'modified'. lol. What you say does not make any sense

So what you want to say is, that the exact same thing would not be a mod if the jig was from Nintendo? Would you consider a third party controller a modification?

16. Dr.doom

Dr.doom GBAtemp Regular

United States
    They said their exact words were within a week after I linked my account I went from having errors to having none my response was how can you check errors without me sending them they said it sends them before signin along with system version .

Last edited by Dr.doom, Aug 3, 2018
  17. charlieb

charlieb GBAtemp Fan

Is the third party controllering causing the console to operate in a way nintendo didnt intend. Is that different way something end-users could ever be envisiged to do?.

I get the feeling you're either VERY new to console hacking/mods or are being purposefully obtuse. You've had numerous people correcting you and either they're all wrong or you alone are right, which do you think it is?.

leda and ShadowOne333 like this.
  18. Dr.doom

Dr.doom GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Draxzelex and shchmue like this.
  19. c80

c80 Banned
    Banned

Germany
    Maybe the user is not expected to enter RCM, but the user is able to do it without modifiying the console

No, THIS is not the fuck up. This is the intended behaviour. Its not for debugging but for repairing purposes.

You cannot call something a modification, if nothing is modified

20. ShadowOne333

Developer

Mexico
    Debugging leads to repairing.
    How can you repair something if you don't debug the issue first?

Dude, seriously, what are you not understanding?

charlieb likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Atmosphére, Announced, Features