Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

  • Thread starter Thread starter Waze0613
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 2,812,871
  • Replies Replies 9,415
  • Likes Likes 93
But he probably doesn't have the answers to all these questions yet. Wait for the docs once it's released. And people's experiences. That will inform you better.
 
What exactly will we be able to do when his is released? Other than having CFW ready, I wonder how many tools, emulators, and etc have been created. Will it be "backup" ready, or has that not been figured out yet? Is that question even appropriate to ask? Sorry if not.
I guess my real question is what all we can expect to take advantage of when using Atmosphere-NX. :)
 
If and when the CFW is already done, they would probably have to beta test it and invite some people to private test the software.
Then someone will probably leak it. There will be some scene drama. Devs will probably stop developing it.
Funny shit all over again. It's a cycle. :rofl2:

I'm still hyped for the Switch scene more than the PS4.
Both are pretty much active, I love them both.
It's an exciting time.
 
  • Like
Reactions: NovocaineBrain
If and when the CFW is already done, they would probably have to beta test it and invite some people to private test the software.
Then someone will probably leak it. There will be some scene drama. Devs will probably stop developing it.
Funny shit all over again. It's a cycle. :rofl2:

I'm still hyped for the Switch scene more than the PS4.
Both are pretty much active, I love them both.
It's an exciting time.
Can't leak atmosphere, it's already public lol
 
@TheCyberQuake
Oh?! My bad.

I guess it all comes to anti-piracy vs. piracy (loading legally backup games or otherwise).
Then the scene drama occurs. hehe.
SciresM said he doesn't care if piracy happens, he's just not gonna help by coding it in himself

It feels like this scene is immune to all previous drama, which is interesting. Too bad it finds a way to make its own
 
Guess it all comes to anti-piracy vs. piracy (loading legally backup games or otherwise).
Then the scene drama occurs. hehe.
SciresM said he doesn't care if piracy happens, he's just not gonna help by coding it in himself

It feels like this scene is immune to all previous drama, which is interesting. Too bad it finds a way to make its own
He also said he's not going to go out of his way to do anything to specifically block piracy, such as implement anti-piracy measures into Atmosphere. So, your prediction is wrong again.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TotalInsanity4
He also said he's not going to go out of his way to do anything to specifically block piracy, such as implement anti-piracy measures into Atmosphere. So, your prediction is wrong again.

Which means piracy will be there on day 1 or it will a few days later when someone release an app that allow you to install nsp files or an app that allow you to read backups.

Trying to block piracy would have been a little pointless anyway, everytime someone tries, pirates don't take long to enable it anyway.
 
Last edited by Giga_Gaia,
Which means piracy will be there on day 1 or it will a few days later when someone release an app that allow you to install nsp files or an app that allow you to read backups.

Trying to block piracy would have been a little pointless anyway, everytime someone tries, pirates don't take long to enable it anyway.
I can't predict the future, but somebody is going to have to release a method of loading backups sometime after the release of Atmosphere and Fusée Gelée. It could be days later, it could be months later, or it could be years later.
 
what I most want is that you can read dumps from sd, that can be installed in emunand to not touch anything critical and that you can play original cartridges of another firm superior to the console through emunand. I am very happy with the current scene in 3.0.0 just a few more things and it will be perfect
 
Maybe @dimok will do a great job again and write a backup loader? :shy: Thx what u did for the wii u scene. We never forget.:yayu: Or some brazilian guy will discover the direct game install again. :D
 
Last edited by Cava,
SciresM said he doesn't care if piracy happens, he's just not gonna help by coding it in himself

It feels like this scene is immune to all previous drama, which is interesting. Too bad it finds a way to make its own
Yeah because it seem most here are winning a lot of salary per month that they can buy anything they want...

I want old drama, illegal is stealing boats'N Ships :).
He also said he's not going to go out of his way to do anything to specifically block piracy, such as implement anti-piracy measures into Atmosphere. So, your prediction is wrong again.
Well if TX releases and CFW releases and like a year after it doesnt run backups I will probably sell my Switch right away and forget about it as I have no money to buy games and it would be just a expensive paperweight. And as much as emulators sound cool, I don't care for almost any old game and my phone or Nvidia Shield Tablet can emulate old stuff, just never happens is a known triple A game on android...

I only buy like 1 or 2 games per year and for like less than 20€ each on my PC and only totally worth multiplayer games and I don't have to pay a subscription. I specially buy more indie games like my top favourite SQUAD on steam.

I still have a huge list to buy for my PC for years and still no money and they aren't exactly 70€ games like in the Switch.

I can remember 4 example Escape from Tarkov, Post Scriptum, Verdun and Star Citizen that I have an eye on them for a damn long time and theres lot more ;).
 
Last edited by guily6669,
Yeah because it seem most here are winning a lot of salary per month that they can buy anything they want...

I want old drama, illegal is stealing boats'N Ships :).

Well if TX releases and CFW releases and like a year after it doesnt run backups I will probably sell my Switch right away and forget about it as I have no money to buy games and it would be just a expensive paperweight. And as much as emulators sound cool, I don't care for almost any old game and my phone or Nvidia Shield Tablet can emulate old stuff, just never happens is a known triple A game on android...

I only buy like 1 or 2 games per year and for like less than 20€ each on my PC and only totally worth multiplayer games and I don't have to pay a subscription. I specially buy more indie games like my top favourite SQUAD on steam.

I still have a huge list to buy for my PC for years and still no money and they aren't exactly 70€ games like in the Switch.

I can remember 4 example Escape from Tarkov, Post Scriptum, Verdun and Star Citizen that I have an eye on them for a damn long time and theres lot more ;).
Why bother paying for a console if you can't afford the games? Do you really just buy consoles before piracy is even release purely because you hope it will get piracy? That's kinda stupid imo.
 

Site & Scene News