Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah well like I said before I bought 3DS and throw it in the drawer and forget I had a 3DS for ages until GW arrived...

I had PS1 and only bought 3 games, I only played games because my friends lent them to me. Xbox I also bought like 6 only and when they got cheap, only enjoyed it after softmod. My Dreamcast I had like 2 games to play for years until I could finally burn CD's for it (when the console was already dead).

On my Xbox 360 I never bought a single game, first day I tested it with demos, second day I fully disassembled it, soldered PC molex power cables, added fans all over the place and then sent the DVD-reader to install CFW on it and later RGH.

PS3 I have it original (never wanted it moded as its free online and all games were cheaper in promotions on PSN, I bought the console used in like 2012 or 2013 a super slim for 120€) and all digital games, PS4 all original and all digital games, but I barely use it as I don't have many games to play so I play in the PC instead ;)...

Last edited by guily6669,

P4wn4g3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone with CFW? Ummm... nobody HAS CFW yet. SciresM is making one. As far as I can tell, it should be a lot like B9S on the original hardware Switches, in that the main vulnerability can't be patched.
Really? I thought it was basically done for 3.0 and below. I'm on 4.1 and since I'm expecting new games to be shipped with 5.0 I'm just wondering if anyone with Atmosphere or who has worked with it had tried an update.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? I thought it was basically done for 3.0 and below. I'm on 4.1 and since I'm expecting new games to be shipped with 5.0 I'm just wondering if anyone with Atmosphere or who has worked with it had tried an update.
It's not fully done for any firmware. It's not built per-firmware. They still need to work on emuNAND via EL2 along with deciding and implementing OS patches, plus some other things.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe @dimok will do a great job again and write a backup loader? :shy: Thx what u did for the wii u scene. We never forget.:yayu: Or some brazilian guy will discover the direct game install again. :D
The brazillians didn't discover it, but they did share it.
They didn't really do much anyway, it was just the basic (but very very useful) finding that you can install titles to the system using the universal disc ticket with a bit of modification.
That won't be happening on the switch again because each cart has it's own cert, similar to how every 3ds game had a private header.
This means unless we figure out a way to prevent it, it will be EXTREMELY easy for nintendo to detect installing cart dumps to the system (if that's even possible), it will be able to detect when multiple people are playing the same dumped game
And freeshop is definitely not happening with their new online shop system currently in place.
Frankly the days of pirating and staying online are pretty much over with this system, at least for the currently forseeable future. Can't say that will be forever, and they may be ways around their detection methods.

I'm personally gonna try to hold off even installing FG/Atmosphere until everyone else tries it for a while and can demonstrate the systems won't be banned. Homebrew is not a necessity to me and I would much rather keep my system online for things like Splatoon2 and all the digital content I've purchased.
Piracy if completely off the table for me even if it starts becoming possible. I'm taking as few risks as I can with this thing.

Nezztor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The brazillians didn't discover it, but they did share it.
They didn't really do much anyway, it was just the basic (but very very useful) finding that you can install titles to the system using the universal disc ticket with a bit of modification.
That won't be happening on the switch again because each cart has it's own cert, similar to how every 3ds game had a private header.
This means unless we figure out a way to prevent it, it will be EXTREMELY easy for nintendo to detect installing cart dumps to the system (if that's even possible), it will be able to detect when multiple people are playing the same dumped game
And freeshop is definitely not happening with their new online shop system currently in place.
Frankly the days of pirating and staying online are pretty much over with this system, at least for the currently forseeable future. Can't say that will be forever, and they may be ways around their detection methods.

I'm personally gonna try to hold off even installing FG/Atmosphere until everyone else tries it for a while and can demonstrate the systems won't be banned. Homebrew is not a necessity to me and I would much rather keep my system online for things like Splatoon2 and all the digital content I've purchased.
Piracy if completely off the table for me even if it starts becoming possible. I'm taking as few risks as I can with this thing.

So you want hacks and also online capabilities? maybe a second switch is better for you so no need to worry about losing your original account

aerios169

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well if we can install a emunand and a normal partition without hacks maybe we could play online. if the bug doesent have a patch it could be great

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you want hacks and also online capabilities? maybe a second switch is better for you so no need to worry about losing your original account
That's the thing though. Homebrew isn't worth investing in a second switch to me. I would rather go without homebrew than to invest in a second switch just to stay safe with my system.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm personally gonna try to hold off even installing FG/Atmosphere until everyone else tries it for a while and can demonstrate the systems won't be banned.
I've said the same thing myself but I'm not sure if, when the time comes, I'll have the huge amount of willpower needed to stop myself from tinkering with it.

Especially since I enjoy tinkering more than gaming.

Reactions: BL4Z3D247

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Especially since I enjoy tinkering more than gaming.
I feel you man, I'll be one of the few who'll install CFW on Day 1. I don't care about online play anyway, especially after free online access is gone. I'd rather go online with my PS4.

Regarding piracy, hey I'm no hypocrite. But games I love I make sure to buy them as collectibles.

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
If I’m on 4.1.0 will I need anything more specific other than a usb c to a and a large sd card?
A Y00/2.0mm triwing screwdriver and +00/2.0mm philips scredriver.

Or just wait a bit longer if you don't want to disassemble your switch at day 1. For 4.1.0 there will be a software exploit.

Last edited by Cava,

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Or just wait a bit longer if you don't want to disassemble your switch at day 1. For 4.1.0 there will be a software exploit.
Yeah, for those who doesn't want to do the (allegedly) simple hardmod they can wait. But they'll have to wait indefinitely, and you know people here are very impatient.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse