Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

HexZyle

Pretty Petty Pedant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think we need to start making flowchart images to throw at people when they ask questions like this, it'll make it easier to answer all questions with minimal effort.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
I think we need to start making flowchart images to throw at people when they ask questions like this, it'll make it easier to answer all questions with minimal effort.
1.0.0 need puyo puyo(currently), no other FW does. No flow chart is going to stop the question being asked unfortunately.

All we really need is a summary of what's been stated in every thread. 1.0.0 is good, needs puyo puyo, 2.0.0-3.0.0 are interchangeable, 3.0.1+ may as well be on the current FW.

Last edited by Soluble,

JPnintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have a question...
Supouse you boot a emunand in 4.x from a < 4.x FW (i.e. 3.0.0) will the emunand blow the efuses? So once you start your sysnand after that it will panic?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question...
Supouse you boot a emunand in 4.x from a < 4.x FW (i.e. 3.0.0) will the emunand blow the efuses? So once you start your sysnand after that it will panic?
To be specific (and if I understand correctly) efuse checks/burns only occur at boot (I believe in package1 iirc, I'm sure SciresM will correct me if I'm wrong). So from a warmboot emunand efuse checks would be irrelevant.

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Its been quite a while since i've hacked one of my systems, not since psp 1.5,so forgive my lack of knowledge :)
I was wondering what a cfw will allow us to do, mainly, if it will allow us to use a higher firmware(spoofing) 3.0.0 running 4.1 for exemple , play mario, skyrim, doom, pokemon when its released

Last edited by pinbi7,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its been quite a while since i've hacked one of my systems, not since psp 1.5,so forgive my lack of knowledge :)
I was wondering what a cfw will allow us to do, mainly, if it will allow us to use a higher firmware(spoofing) 3.0.0 running 4.1 for exemple , play mario, skyrim, doom, pokemon when its released
Yes, the main purpose of this cfw is going to be to keep exploits from older firmwares open while still being able to use newer firmwares and in turn newer games. SciresM's main goal is to use homebrew access and play pokemon, in order to have pokemon hacking.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yes, the main purpose of this cfw is going to be to keep exploits from older firmwares open while still being able to use newer firmwares and in turn newer games. SciresM's main goal is to use homebrew access and play pokemon, in order to have pokemon hacking.
from what it looks like pokemon switch is going to be a 2019 title since they have not announced its coming this year yet and its about to be march. If no announcement its likely next year since new generations are announced early into the year.

nmkd

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
from what it looks like pokemon switch is going to be a 2019 title since they have not announced its coming this year yet and its about to be march. If no announcement its likely next year since new generations are announced early into the year.

Uh, I could see them announcing it at E3 with a Dec 2018 release.

charlieb

Trophies
XP
Country
I was reading the OP and it's going to be CFW, but will he write it from scratch? I thought that the Tegra was more of a mobile chip and maybe an Android CFW will be more viable to port right? (I'm no programmer so its all assumption)
patches to the original FW applied by the exploit. Which is why you need the game as coldboot will lose the OS hooks and will need to run the exploit again. There is no public coldbox exploit for now.

Reactions: abdezca

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus Christ, it's always a cluster over at ol' GBATemp. Let's agree to disagree and move on.

Anyways, while the overall creation and inevitable release of the CFW/Emu is what everyone is looking forward to, I'm slightly more interested in what's to come after. Will the CFW have OTA updates similar to how the late-life PSP CFWs had them, or will this more than likely be a LUMA type implementation where we have a CFW layer over the official FW and it's updated separately? Will we have different flavors of CFW like the 3DS has at the moment sometime in the future?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: also j cole was right to step out of the diss battle imo, he dodged a bullet with that one