Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's a normal open reed switch, that way it won't short the pins until I hold a magnet to the joycon.
Mostly because I want something permanent, but won't constantly short the pin in case Nintendo finds some way to reliably detect it.
Plus I needed a fun project to do on my day off.
Currently tested to be fully working.
you pick your projects well. much less expensive, and much quicker than mine.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you pick your projects well. much less expensive, and much quicker than mine.
Meh, I don't do that much with electronics or soldering, usually when I do it the project either involves a small repair or and easy console hacking mod. Plus it's good to get practice in on my tiny soldering skills, especially now that I have a somewhat decent iron and good solder to go with it.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, I don't do that much with electronics or soldering, usually when I do it the project either involves a small repair or and easy console hacking mod. Plus it's good to get practice in on my tiny soldering skills, especially now that I have a somewhat decent iron and good solder to go with it.
PLEASE post pics of the soldering and if the joy-cons are still 100% fully functional after it...

I wanted to add a small button on mine, but after you gave the idea of the magnetic switch...:rolleyes:.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PLEASE post pics of the soldering and if the joy-cons are still 100% fully functional after it...

I wanted to add a small button on mine, but after you gave the idea of the magnetic switch...:rolleyes:.
I'm actually right now making a thread to do a very basic showcase of my mod and a video demonstrating it in action, showing the switch not going into RCM holding Vol + while booting, and then holding a magnet to the joycon, holding Vol + and booting into RCM.
The only thing is depending on the reed switch you may want a good magnet to properly activate it, especially if you are like me and have a case you don't want to take off your switch.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually right now making a thread to do a very basic showcase of my mod and a video demonstrating it in action, showing the switch not going into RCM holding Vol + while booting, and then holding a magnet to the joycon, holding Vol + and booting into RCM.
Oh yes please, but I want to see where did you solder it... Did you used the red and green dot shown on the picture that they posted somewhere on this forum on the joy-con PCB?

Addconsult

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It's not ready yet

I know its not ready yet. But SciresM wrote that if you can compile and build/runt it. Then you are good enough to help out. So i am wondering if anyone even tried? I am a developer not the best and its not the language i am any good at. But according till SciresM it should still compile and run!. So anyone tried to compile it?

Reactions: softwareengineer

Duhasst0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know its not ready yet. But SciresM wrote that if you can compile and build/runt it. Then you are good enough to help out. So i am wondering if anyone even tried? I am a developer not the best and its not the language i am any good at. But according till SciresM it should still compile and run!. So anyone tried to compile it?

There is someone who posted complied version somewhere a page or 2 back, but if you think you have the means to do so please do and help the cause. I would but I have no time and I have to install Linux on the PC before I do anything.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is someone who posted complied version somewhere a page or 2 back, but if you think you have the means to do so please do and help the cause. I would but I have no time and I have to install Linux on the PC before I do anything.
run it from a live usb stick like an 8gb or 32gb just boot from the drive and click try ubuntu and if i'm right you can install a few apps and download and have fun from there with out having to install it on your pc.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

run it from a live usb stick like an 8gb or 32gb just boot from the drive and click try ubuntu and if i'm right you can install a few apps and download and have fun from there with out having to install it on your pc.
i'm almost sere if i'm remembering right i do think i installled a few apps when i ran it from my 8gb stick may be wrong though.

Duhasst0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I can dig it, but I'm good, been wanting to get pic pass thru working so that I can ditch windows entirely.

Reactions: leerpsp

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can dig it, but I'm good, been wanting to get pic pass thru working so that I can ditch windows entirely.
the only reason I still use windows is because most all of my steam games don't run on ubuntu or Linux of any kind and Plus I can not play my destiny 2 on it ether so when this comes out I was gonna do the usb thing but i got an old dell laptop with usb 3.0 and i installed ubuntu on it so i'm good for when this comes out now.

Duhasst0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only reason I still use windows is because most all of my steam games don't run on ubuntu or Linux of any kind and Plus I can not play my destiny 2 on it ether so when this comes out I was gonna do the usb thing but i got an old dell laptop with usb 3.0 and i installed ubuntu on it so i'm good for when this comes out now.

Do you have a PC with some decent specs? If you do I would look into pcie pass thru, cause you can ditch windows and run your games thru a VM of windows with minimal preformance loss. I just have to get it setup, and have been looking into it for some time.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you have a PC with some decent specs? If you do I would look into pcie pass thru, cause you can ditch windows and run your games thru a VM of windows with minimal preformance loss. I just have to get it setup, and have been looking into it for some time.
And all those limitations, making you need to limit your working and computational environments and decisions due to gaming, are the reasons I prefer to keep my gaming separate from my computing. Of course, unpopular opinion, I know.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
msi gtx 1070 OC Intel i5 6400 (yes i know i need to get a new cpu) 8gb of ram. But i think the laptop would be fine for what i need to use it for for now though.

Duhasst0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And all those limitations, making you need to limit your working and computational environments and decisions due to gaming, are the reasons I prefer to keep my gaming separate from my computing. Of course, unpopular opinion, I know.

To reach their own on that for sure, I'm just good on Windows really. Like it's just too much bs Windows 10 is ok but I am just looking for better stability.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

msi gtx 1070 OC Intel i5 6400 (yes i know i need to get a new cpu) 8gb of ram. But i think the laptop would be fine for what i need to use it for for now though.

Well since I've been looking into it since I got my 4790k, you could is just fine IMO. I even think that has an iGPU, don't quote me on that, and then you can totally get that together. Actually your system is way better than mine technically cause on to of the 4790k I have a gtx780. Under water too so if I need a boost...

Reactions: leerpsp

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
msi gtx 1070 OC Intel i5 6400 (yes i know i need to get a new cpu) 8gb of ram.

A 6400 is only two years old, not something I would think justifies a new CPU unless you're overclocking and it's showing signs of age from heavy stress. 3-5 years is the typical age to merit an upgrade. It does also have an integrated GPU like @Duhasst0 mentioned. I know mines a 6700, but it has a 5500 iGPU in it. I think the 6400 would be the same, maybe a 5400 iGPU at the least.

Last edited by Maximilious,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A 6400 is only two years old, not something I would think justifies a new CPU unless you're overclocking and it's showing signs of age from heavy stress. 3-5 years is the typical age to merit an upgrade. It does also have an integrated GPU like @Duhasst0 mentioned. I know mines a 6700, but it has a 5500 iGPU in it. I think the 6400 would be the same, maybe a 5400 iGPU at the least.
3 years was like in 2009... I still have a I7 2600K at 4.9ghz (bought in 2011) and just upgraded the GPU from GTX570 to RX480 flashed to 580... In fact upgrading my CPU for like Ryzen I might even get less FPS on some games lol...

At 4.9ghz I get almost as much single thread as a I7 7700K stock which is still higher than any AMD chip ever made and my full multi-thread performance is around a I7 K 4th gen...

In fact I have seen a guy with GTX1080 and I7 6th gen and he was getting less performance than me lool maybe because I have a bit more single thread performance at 4.9ghz than him at stock clocks.

Reactions: Maximilious

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was always told mine was a bad bottle neck although iv not ever had it bottle neck my 1070 at all. Hell i may dual boot ubuntu so i don't have to use a slow ass laptop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/