Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The ban is irrelevant here. The emuMMC isn't only for the ban prevention, it's also thought as a sort of brick protection. So...it is advisable to use it. And those who can't afford 32gb for an emuMMC, should not use cfw/homebrew in general. Or should buy a bigger sd either way. So where's the problem?
In general I second the "safety first" stuff but c'mon: It's really hard to brick the Switch, especially if you have a NAND backup around. There are enough ways (e.g. HacDiskMount) to unbrick.
And it has absolutely nothing to do with affordability but with space in general. Even on my 512 GB card I wouldn't waste any single byte for an emuNAND if my sysNAND would have been banned anyway.
And yes, I know emuNANDs are shrinkable. Still there's no reason imho if you're banned (again, I'm only talking about this one scenario).

Reactions: mathew77

PHiLiPZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
You’re right. It’s 883MB compressed with 7zip. And it’s the whole flash. Before it was ever used so mostly zeroes and well compressible.

Last edited by PHiLiPZ,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You’re right. It’s 883MB compressed with 7zip. And it’s the whole flash. Before it was ever used so mostly zeroes and well compressible.

The whole Emunand thing is for people who are not confortable using Sysnand as their NAND, and some people doesn't really have a choice, for people that is on 4.0.1 ipatched unit that doesn't want buy a SX Core. As BaamAlex said it is somewhat of brick protection, if people mess up their emunand and it won't boot, they can just delete it and make a new one.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this moment is there any plugin/mod for atmosphere to see SOC/memory temps?

I'd really wanted temp readings on the home button small menu...

Just did a cooling mod with a huge amount of thermal paste all over the place and what a big difference...

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
At this moment is there any plugin/mod for atmosphere to see SOC/memory temps?

I'd really wanted temp readings on the home button small menu...

Just did a cooling mod with a huge amount of thermal paste all over the place and what a big difference...
There is a status monitor tesla overlay, that can even show many informations, including some temps:
https://github.com/masagrator/Status-Monitor-Overlay

Reactions: guily6669

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: What's his name? The coworker