Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

  • Thread starter Thread starter Waze0613
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 2,815,391
  • Replies Replies 9,431
  • Likes Likes 93
The ban is irrelevant here. The emuMMC isn't only for the ban prevention, it's also thought as a sort of brick protection. So...it is advisable to use it. And those who can't afford 32gb for an emuMMC, should not use cfw/homebrew in general. Or should buy a bigger sd either way. So where's the problem?
In general I second the "safety first" stuff but c'mon: It's really hard to brick the Switch, especially if you have a NAND backup around. There are enough ways (e.g. HacDiskMount) to unbrick.
And it has absolutely nothing to do with affordability but with space in general. Even on my 512 GB card I wouldn't waste any single byte for an emuNAND if my sysNAND would have been banned anyway.
And yes, I know emuNANDs are shrinkable. Still there's no reason imho if you're banned (again, I'm only talking about this one scenario).
 
  • Like
Reactions: mathew77
I don’t go online to update so I don’t have any reason to restore before update. I only have the backup (in three different locations) in case of a brick. It’s only 700MB big because it was made on a virgin system.

700MB that ain't even the whole NAND.
 
You’re right. It’s 883MB compressed with 7zip. And it’s the whole flash. Before it was ever used so mostly zeroes and well compressible.
 
Last edited by PHiLiPZ,
You’re right. It’s 883MB compressed with 7zip. And it’s the whole flash. Before it was ever used so mostly zeroes and well compressible.

The whole Emunand thing is for people who are not confortable using Sysnand as their NAND, and some people doesn't really have a choice, for people that is on 4.0.1 ipatched unit that doesn't want buy a SX Core. As BaamAlex said it is somewhat of brick protection, if people mess up their emunand and it won't boot, they can just delete it and make a new one.
 
  • Like
Reactions: mathew77
I don't need emummc (I never go online with my hb-switch), I just like to use it because I like the concept and I can...

@SciresM : Thanks again and again for all your work!
 
At this moment is there any plugin/mod for atmosphere to see SOC/memory temps?

I'd really wanted temp readings on the home button small menu...

Just did a cooling mod with a huge amount of thermal paste all over the place and what a big difference...
 
At this moment is there any plugin/mod for atmosphere to see SOC/memory temps?

I'd really wanted temp readings on the home button small menu...

Just did a cooling mod with a huge amount of thermal paste all over the place and what a big difference...
There is a status monitor tesla overlay, that can even show many informations, including some temps:
https://github.com/masagrator/Status-Monitor-Overlay
 
  • Like
Reactions: guily6669

Site & Scene News