Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Waze0613, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Akorax

Akorax Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2012
    Sweden
    Deleted AMS-folder, replaced with 0.8.10. (Kept the reboot_payload.bin though)
    Replaced files in the other folders that comes with AMS.
    Booted with no issues whatsoever. Gonna try to revert back to 0.9.0 again tomorrow I think to see if the problem is still there then.

Hayato213 likes this.
  2. Djakku

Djakku Member

Newcomer
    May 9, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Hi, I did managed to boot emummc successfully.
    After booting Horizon gave but an error saying there was an error with the micro sd but it was working fine.

I created a folder called Nintendo_0000 then tried again and the error disappeared.

The only thing is that after rebooting from emummc, it freeze at the nintendo switch logo but after pressing the power button again, it reboot fine.

The process of creating the hidden partition was a bit tricky but not its all setup.

I used sxOs create emunand tool to be honest.

Great job !

zomborg likes this.
  3. Akorax

Akorax Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2012
    Sweden
    Tried AMS 0.9.0 again today. No luck. Made an issue on the github page. Link
    Edit: Switching to payload Fusee Primary instead of Hekate resolved the issue.

Last edited by Akorax, Jun 18, 2019
    eyeliner likes this.
  4. Muxi

Muxi GBAtemp Fan

Jun 1, 2016
    Germany
    Which file system do you use on your microSD card? If you were to use exFAT, this could possibly be the problem.

5. Storm21

Storm21 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2018
    Switzerland
    Jepp, hekate is not ready for 0.9.0 atmosphere, that's the problem.

6. TerraPhantm

TerraPhantm GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2007
    United States
    Booted into emummc successfully via partitioning. Seems to work, but it doesn't seem to recognize any of the games on my SD card (in the main partition). The system reads the size and free space of that partition fine. Booting into OFW with the same SD card and "Nintendo" folder works fine.

Also as noted by others, when I boot back into OFW after using the emummc, the system hangs at the Switch logo until I hit the power button again. Not sure what's causing that, but I do wonder if my sysnand is clean anymore (could always restore a backup so not a huge issue)

7. OperationNT

OperationNT GBAtemp Regular

May 1, 2016
    France
    By default, I think the "Nintendo" folder becomes "emummc/Nintendo_0000" in Atmosphere EmuMMC. You can choose setting"emummc_nintendo_path" in "emummc/emummc.ini" file.

8. TerraPhantm

TerraPhantm GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2007
    United States
    Ah okay, that makes sense. I was about to screw around with expanding the partition and throwing the games right on there.

9. Ghost92

Ghost92 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 29, 2017
    Colombia
    Please help me. I have a problem here with Atmosphere and Kosmos. When uninstall a custom theme I got this error:

Error Code: 2168-0002 (0x4a8)
    Title: 0100000000000352
    Firmware: 7.01 (Atmosphere 0.8.10-master-422dce69)

10. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    m4xw has figured out what's causing this, will be fixed next update. It won't have any negative effect on your sysnand.

11. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Feb 17, 2006
    Portugal
    This worked for me too.

12. TerraPhantm

TerraPhantm GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2007
    United States
    Is there an atmosphere patch to break network support or anything? I have it in airplane mode and no saved wifi SSIDs, but ideally if I accidentally plug it into a dock with ethernet connected, it still won't go online when I'm in emunand.

13. Dave_Chad

Dave_Chad GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 29, 2016
    Can you block the Switches Mac address in your router?

Sent from my VOG-L09/Huawei P30 Pro

14. TerraPhantm

TerraPhantm GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2007
    United States
    I could, though I sometimes use those ethernet adapters with other devices like my laptop, and I still want the ability to go online when I'm booting my sysnand. + I'm more worried about if I use my Switch on my friend's dock at his house or something.

15. ROYGES

ROYGES Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2017
    United States
    Can somebody please help me, I am on firmware 8.0.1 Updated through ChoDujour from 4.1.0, Today my boy put the Switch on a Dock with a LAN adapter and so I got the Update 8.1.0 downloaded (?) and ready to be install, How do I get rid of it? I am using Atmosphere and auto RCM is on.

16. LapCheong

LapCheong GBAtemp Regular

Mar 6, 2019
    Australia
    If you really want help, please join the discord channel. Got emcmmuc running but that's on a spare sd card.

17. TerraPhantm

TerraPhantm GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2007
    United States
    Boot into recovery mode and then exit.

18. ROYGES

ROYGES Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2017
    United States
    Are you sir talking to me? I don't understand Discord
    Won't that method burn fuses?

19. Fuzzy-v

Fuzzy-v Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2019
    Canada
    Maybe somebody else can chime in, but I don't know of any way to block Ethernet connections in that manner - in other words, you need to be vigilant.

Hopefully emummc will make this easier for us all in the future once it is more polished .

20. TerraPhantm

TerraPhantm GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2007
    United States
    Yeah I'll be careful for now. Too bad it's not as simple as simply browsing the nand and deleting the ethernet driver or something along those lines.

Fuzzy-v likes this.