Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

Qubarf

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Dude, it is in beta but they would have released it because they saw no bugs. They said there are bugs they missed but it is mostly bug-free
I presonally think the beta bit is because they haven't released any "friendly" tools to make the actual EmuMMC, so it's currently
difficult for the avergae user to utilize this
Oh and also the file based emunand not working, that too

Zris96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
So this means that I will be able to play my original games online in a clean nand and have my nsp installed and homebrews in a second nand?

Reactions: TylerSGman

Mouser X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not an effective system of measurement. I've been hacking consoles since the Wii days and I haven't made an account until Switch hacking started getting big.
I joined when I hacked my Wii (maybe the files I needed were in a link only accessible to members?), but I only started posting recently. I don't get online much, as I don't have internet at my house.

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've tried everything possible for me, but I can not get the file-based emuMMC up and running. I also let compiled the needed emummc.kip and copied this into the atmosphere folder. Even setting the archive bit for the folder with the Nand data included did not work. It may be that this emuMMC is in beta status, but a beta version should work as well. There is also no basic guide for experienced users (at least I can not find any) It has to be collected from different sources and experimented .......

Nononoki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Would it be possible to have multiple emuNANDs? That way, you can have a clean emuNAND for online stuff and another for modding stuff. sysNAND is kept low for Dejavu.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Using emunand for online is asking for a ban.

If you want to keep sysnand low then you should accept you won't go online

Or at least not for long...

Last edited by smf,

ollidiemaus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Using emunand for online is asking for a ban.

If you want to keep sysnand low then you should accept you won't go online

Or at least not for long...
Why should this result in a ban? When my emunand is clean and all good ?
Because the only way they could find out is if Nintendo could check the fuse count from the system but we assume they can only check it in bootloader.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've tried everything possible for me, but I can not get the file-based emuMMC up and running. I also let compiled the needed emummc.kip and copied this into the atmosphere folder. Even setting the archive bit for the folder with the Nand data included did not work. It may be that this emuMMC is in beta status, but a beta version should work as well. There is also no basic guide for experienced users (at least I can not find any) It has to be collected from different sources and experimented .......
File-based is broken in 0.9.0 release. Fixes have been pushed, don't know if it's fully fixed yet, wait for 0.9.1. Reswitched discord has some kind of mini guide pinned iirc (for partition-based), but current setup instructions will be mostly obsolete when hekate update comes out.

Would it be possible to have multiple emuNANDs? That way, you can have a clean emuNAND for online stuff and another for modding stuff. sysNAND is kept low for Dejavu.
Yes. You can configure as many as you want, currently there's no automatic way to switch between them besides manually changing the config file, but hekate update will cover that too I imagine.

Reactions: klear and Muxi

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
File-based is broken in 0.9.0 release. Fixes have been pushed, don't know if it's fully fixed yet, wait for 0.9.1. Reswitched discord has some kind of mini guide pinned iirc (for partition-based), but current setup instructions will be mostly obsolete when hekate update comes out.
Cfw switcher need a Update now

Yes. You can configure as many as you want, currently there's no automatic way to switch between them besides manually changing the config file, but hekate update will cover that too I imagine.

zomborg

Makin Temp great again
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woo-hoo!! Thank you ScirseM!
Things are coming together nicely. It's taken me this long to finally get my hackable switch.
Currently my switch is disassembled. I have begun a tear down to replace the shell and digitizer.
By the time I get it ship shape I can at last hack it.

Akorax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I just tried out 0.9.0 today. First time installing CFW on Switch. It worked fine when I followed the guide, did all the backups etc.
Then I checked out the homebrew launcher via the gallery and after that I rebooted to hekate and enabled autoRCM.
The issue is that right now Atmosphere have booted about 2 out of 30 tries from hekate and I can't even pin down the problem because I get no error logs or messages. Is this normal? The system just revert back to hekate via AutoRCM after every try.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried out 0.9.0 today. First time installing CFW on Switch. It worked fine when I followed the guide, did all the backups etc.
Then I checked out the homebrew launcher via the gallery and after that I rebooted to hekate and enabled autoRCM.
The issue is that right now Atmosphere have booted about 2 out of 30 tries from hekate and I can't even pin down the problem because I get no error logs or messages. Is this normal? The system just revert back to hekate via AutoRCM after every try.

You can try 0.8.10

Reactions: Akorax

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol