Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It won't right away, someone will have to code a backup loader separately after it is released. If you want to play backups now, you need to buy an SX OS or Pro, or, use the trick with Hekate. For details you should see the Backups forum.

Thank you. I will be looking into the Backups forum by then.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
GUYS, I'VE A QUESTION: i own a 3.0.2 switch and i thinking to update it to use Eshop, but i'm very attempted about warmboot, is there any chance that my corrent FW might get warmboot? Thanks.

Last edited by leon315,

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the biggest feature is a way to disable the nsw from sending error logs to bigN servers to prevent bans for homebrew

And the biggest issue is that we don't know the Nintendo banning situation if/when:
We go with a legit game online, but use the emuNAND (Can Nintendo detect that + there might be CFW sysCalls?) because our sysNAND is still on 4.1.0 or lower for softmod purposes, so we basically have to.

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
GUYS, I'VE A QUESTION: i'm only 3.0.2 and i thinking to update it to use Eshop, but i'm very attempted about warmboot, is there any chance that my corrent FW might get warmboot? Thanks.
There is a pinned topic called "firmware status" that sums it up. 3.0.2 should get an untethered softmod "soon", whatever that means.

Last edited by LeMageFro,

dovah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

HoTsHoTz79

GIC-Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just saw on SciresM twitter:
Still more issues to fix in LayeredFS, but took down a pretty irritating one just now. As of latest commit, LayeredFS will no longer cause a system crash when closing/opening a game repeatedly (a missing delete was causing FS to eventually die.)

Does that mean we need new SDfiles? or new payload for that new commit to work? (whenever and whoever does it)

andijames

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just saw on SciresM twitter:
Still more issues to fix in LayeredFS, but took down a pretty irritating one just now. As of latest commit, LayeredFS will no longer cause a system crash when closing/opening a game repeatedly (a missing delete was causing FS to eventually die.)

Does that mean we need new SDfiles? or new payload for that new commit to work? (whenever and whoever does it)

To get these fixes you'll have to recompile atmosphere and use the new build.

If you want up to date info i suggest following the git commits as they're pretty self explanatory as they're going in as to what's being worked on etc.

Reactions: HoTsHoTz79

realjumy

Woooosh!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Someone should do a very simple 1-single-page indicating to which firmwares you should update and where to stay without updating depending on what you want to achieve. The "can I update to X version if I want to Y?" repeats too frequently, and the only interesting entry I found about it is very out of date: http://hexkyz.blogspot.com/2018/01/the-switch-state-of-affairs.html Scires published something some time ago, but at the pace the updates are coming and the homebrew developed, is not enough...

Reactions: GunzOfNavarone

Raugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
At the moment only to 5.0.2 since there is no cart out with 5.1.0 on it.

Or if you know someone with 5.1.0:

To 5.1 you can update easeily using the official update method but having the jig in the joycon rail and keeping pressed the vol+ button during the update process.

Benoit934

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I was wanting to check my building process so I put all bin files onto the SD (stage2, package2, exhophère etc...) but I get stuck into MAILBOX_NX_BOOTLOADER_IS_SECMON_AWAKE, the is no timeout and error handling (I should fix that) but I don't see why I'm stuck (maybe I'll understand why after a nap)

Any advice on why exosphère wont wake up ?

If the loader work well I think I'll silent all logs and display a splash as soon as possible (with a key trigger to disable splash, it's gonna be my project of the day)

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do people think Atmosphere is dead?

Atmosphere isn't dead, ScriesM said he/they were focusing on squashing bugs so that's why there aren't as many commits. Relax folks, it's still coming.

ScriesM has no reason not to deliver, it's just a matter of when.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But when developers are silent is because they don't have nothing to say, it means it's dead.
They don't have a responsibility to provide status updates on their work. Most updates that they could provide are probably alien to noobs like us so it wouldn't be worth the effort of notifying the public. Lastly, those who plan to use their work in the future can patiently wait and are confident they will deliver. If you cannot wait or make false assumptions, then use something else like SX OS.

Benoit934

Trophies
XP
Country
France
They don't have a responsibility to provide status updates on their work. Most updates that they could provide are probably alien to noobs like us so it wouldn't be worth the effort of notifying the public. Lastly, those who plan to use their work in the future can patiently wait and are confident they will deliver. If you cannot wait or make false assumptions, then use something else like SX OS.
The last one is easy to understand : crash report management (a nice feature isn't it ?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-