Hacking Atmosphere locked at startup after updating

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
My troubleshooting steps remove Hekate as a variable. You won't be using it. You can go back to using it after we've narrowed down the problem, although Hekate is not recommended as a bootloader unless you have AutoRCM installed and you periodically switch between sysMMC and emuMMC.

I listed the things that should definitely be deleted. Anything else can stay, although you should overwrite anything that asks to be overwritten.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can format the data partition without losing save files, as long as the emuMMC partition isn't formatted.

Piracy is why you are using CFW. I'm asking why you're using an emuMMC.
Why is Hekate not recommended as a bootloader? I've never heard anyone else say that.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is Hekate not recommended as a bootloader? I've never heard anyone else say that.
It can be slow to update compared to fusee-primary, and you can't use blawar's Tinfoil with it unless you're chainloading fusee-primary anyway.

Sig patches for a Hekate setup (not chainloading) are usually slower too.

capsleepyy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can be slow to update compared to fusee-primary, and you can't use blawar's Tinfoil with it unless you're chainloading fusee-primary anyway.

Everything in this post is wrong

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, the games didn't need reinstalling.

I'm now going to use hekate for when I need to get to eMMC quick after a poweroff
That's fine, and that's the easiest thing with your setup, but it's recommended that you setup a boot entry that chainloads fusee-primary.

capsleepyy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hekate can be slow to update, sigpatches for a Hekate setup can be slow to update, and blawar's Tinfoil (last I checked) doesn't work with Hekate unless you're chainloading fusee-primary. I'm not wrong.
Hekate updated less than 24 hours after Atmosphere 0.14.3 was released, Hekate sigpatches have been completed and shared before fusee-primary patches for the last couple months, and Dz-Tinfoil doesn't block any files on the SD card anymore (I don't know when this changed but feel free to see for yourself).

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hekate updated less than 24 hours after Atmosphere 0.14.3 was released
That's not always the case. It has been days/weeks before.

Hekate sigpatches have been completed and shared before fusee-primary patches for the last couple months
That's just not true, and there have been times when fusee-primary patches beat Hekate patches by days.

and Dz-Tinfoil doesn't block any files on the SD card anymore (I don't know when this changed but feel free to see for yourself).
This is good news if it's true. I'm not about to test it though.

How do I do that?
Put fusee-primary in bootloader\payloads and select it. Alternatively, make a config pointing to it.

capsleepyy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not always the case. It has been days/weeks before.
Going back an entire year, Hekate has released HOS compatibility updates within the same day as Atmosphere. It's not slow to update.

That's just not true, and there have been times when fusee-primary patches beat Hekate patches by days.
It is true, go check the threads. It's been this way since at least Atmosphere 0.14.0, if not earlier. The singular person making the patches does fss0 first.
Even though fusee-primary patches have been faster in the past, that's no longer the case, almost as if it's not a rigid concept or fact that's worth repeating to people anymore.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going back an entire year, Hekate has released HOS compatibility updates within the same day as Atmosphere. It's not slow to update.
I said it can be, and it has been in the past. You don't have to go much farther than a year to find instances when it a week or more, not hours. I'm not wrong. Hekate is always going to be slower than fusee-primary, since fusee-primary is bundled with Atmosphere.

capsleepyy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I said it can be, and it has been in the past. You don't have to go much farther than a year to find instances when it a week or more, not hours. I'm not wrong. Hekate is always going to be slower than fusee-primary, since fusee-primary is bundled with Atmosphere.
You said it can be slow to update, which is provably wrong when you search back any reasonable amount of time. You didn't say "slower than fusee" and leave it at that, don't move the goalpost. Not like sigpatches are ever pumped out in the time between a Atmosphere and Hekate update, regardless.
Your "reasons" for not recommending Hekate to the question asker don't amount to anything other than creating a baseless and unrealistic fear that they might end up with an outdated setup if they're not using the exact software you're outlining.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You said it can be slow to update, which is provably wrong when you search back any reasonable amount of time. You didn't say "slower than fusee" and leave it at that, don't move the goalpost. Not like sigpatches are ever pumped out in the time between a Atmosphere and Hekate update, regardless.
Your "reasons" for not recommending Hekate to the question asker don't amount to anything other than creating a baseless and unrealistic fear that they might end up with an outdated setup if they're not using the exact software you're outlining.
  1. Hekate used to regularly lag 7-10 days behind fusee-primary.
  2. Hekate always lags behind fusee-primary, whether it's a few hours or over a week.
  3. Signature patches have been released for fusee-primary before Hekate was updated to work.
Regardless, I consider the thread thoroughly derailed. PM me if you want to continue this.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Using Hekate as bootloader is clearly talking about chainloading. And updating it doesn't matter if you're only using it as a bootloader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated