1. MatthewBordacs

OP MatthewBordacs Newbie
    Newcomer

Ive just switched from SXOS and ive backed up all my games onto hard drive and usually run them from HDD? is this not possible on Atmosphere / Kosmos?

2. peteruk

peteruk GBAtemp Addict

3. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Atmosphere team doesn't support warez, so you ain't gonna see any hdd support from them.

4. peteruk

peteruk GBAtemp Addict

Warez & Piracy to one side for just a moment, I'm kind of hoping an anonymous person or persons comes forward with a module. Kind of in the same vein that someone/s providing us all with very helpful patches along the way.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  5. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Maybe not from atmosphere but someone else might step in to do that. Who knows. I hope so. One day, perhaps.

6. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I don't want to over-generalize, but just about anyone with the skills to do what you want who isn't also anti-piracy is uninterested in this, given XCI and NSP files are already installable to the NAND or SD card. There's not much of a point.

7. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

United States
    HDD support does not require warez.
    There's already an open pull request for the in-development fsp-usb, which seems to be closing in on a release. :ph34r:

Untitled.png

As for OP's question; No you cannot run XCIs off of an HDD with Atmosphere like you could with SX OS.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    hippy dave likes this.
  8. fvig2001

fvig2001 GBAtemp Regular

It's not going to happen anytime soon on the side of Atmosphere team. SXOS uses proprietary Nintendo stuff to fake that the data from the hard drive is a legit cart. Atmosphere is getting USB hard drive support for homebrew but someone will have to make their own implementation of the fake cartridge.

9. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    My point is SciresM doesn't support warez/backup, if it was Rei he might consider it.

10. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Thats why you have to make a choice in what cfw to use base on what fits your needs. If Atmosphere had all the features sxos had what would be the point in paying for it. Most of us who use the sxos use a hdd to store our games

11. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Can't wait!

ELY_M likes this.
  12. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Portugal
    I was under the impression Atmosphere supported HD's. Just hook it up to the Switch and nothing bad will happed to Atmosphere.
    That's great support, boys and girls.

13. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Nope, but you can conveniently install them with Tinfoil + Nut server over USB. Connect the HDD to your PC, put Nut in the same folder as your XCIs on the HDD, run Tinfoil on Switch, run Nut on PC, connect the Switch to PC, and install the libusbk driver with Zadig if necessary (the same driver that is used for RCM)

When you browse to usbfs:// in Tinfoil it will show all the XCIs that are in the same folder as Nut and you can easily batch install all of them (if you have enough room on the SD card) or queue up installs one by one, walk away for a few hours, go to sleep or whatever, and it'll be done when you come back. You will need a pretty big SD card though. I have a 512 GB Samsung Evo Plus in mine but if you aren't willing to spend that much a 200 GB SanDisk Ultra still offers the best value for money I think.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Atmosphere, support, drive