Atmosphère 0.8.7 released

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by RattletraPM, Apr 12, 2019.

Front-page
    [​IMG]

Don't let your calendars decieve you: it may not look like so, but today is actually June 15th! @SciresM and the rest of the team have just pushed yet another update to his Switch Custom Firmware, version 0.8.7, aka the fourteenth official release.

A good number of bugs were fixed, some related to the fatal sysmodule, others with the loader causing errors while launching specific games, but there are also new features and improvements too: SHA256 is now hardware accelerated (which should bring a performance improvement whenever it's used), a couple of extensions were implemented in smcGetInfo, additional instructions were added to dmnt:cht doubling the number of values that can be stored, better crash detection and reporting is now possible thanks to usermode exception handlers being enabled in Exosphère and, most importantly for end users, a save redirection feature is now available, allowing users to redirect savegames to the SD instead of the NAND.

This last highlight is completely optional and it needs to be enabled by setting atmosphere!fsmitm_redirect_saves_to_sd to 1 in system_settings.ini. Still, users should be advised that the feature is experimental and should be enabled at their own risk. It's a good idea to back up your saves if you do so!

On a last note, it should be underlined that save redirection is not emunand, but a separate feature that may work alongside it once the latter gets released.

As usual, you can read the full changelog below:
    :arrow: Source
    :arrow: GBAtemp thread

Discussion (20 replies)
  1. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    Good job, Rattletra, keep the news flowing!

shaunj66 likes this.
  2. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    June 15th meme only works when we are EXPECTING an update, when they come out of nowhere with not substancial changes or upgrades.... the meme loses effectiveness.

3. Loko4

Loko4 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 19, 2011
    Brazil
    june 15th emunand, confirmed

4. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 10, 2018
    Argentina
    Thank you for the constant updates.

shaunj66 likes this.
  5. Zumoly

Zumoly GBATemp Analyst

Apr 27, 2018
    Mali
    Yorosso
    AMS Devs need to slow down a bit. I'm still on AMS 0.8.5 lol.

Endurion_Jr likes this.
  6. KirovAir

KirovAir Dutch Alcoholic Programmer

Dec 7, 2006
    Netherlands
    Netherlands
    lol so meme gatekeeping is a thing now I see.

Kubez, GerbilSoft and antiNT like this.
  7. bluedart

bluedart GBAtemp Regular

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    Quick question: is New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe one of the titles that didn't launch properly that was fixed? I had it working a month ago with CFW, and since a few days ago I can't get it to run anymore, saying that it's corrupted. I deleted the game, re-downloaded from a difference source, reinstalled and still no dice. This would make sense.

8. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    "Opt-in support was added for redirecting game save files to directories on the SD card." @WerWolv hint hint? ;)

RattletraPM likes this.
  9. smf
    This message by smf has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Apr 12, 2019, Reason: Not an imageboard.
    Apr 12, 2019
  10. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    In your dream. You will be embarass if June 15th is a myth. :creep: By the way, you are copy people saying about June 15th. I am not and to me thats silly, really. Stop obsess with it.

11. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Nice new feature although I'm fine with backing up saves with Checkpoint every sunday evening. :D
    EmuNAND is now the only missing feature for me from Atmo being the "perfect thing".
    (oh and USB support for things like pPlay and RetroArch but I guess that's a libnx thing?)

Darksabre72 likes this.
  12. WerWolv

WerWolv EdiZon Developer

Mar 30, 2018
    Switzerland
    Save backup and restore works out of the box. Just save editing somehow broke with this. Going to look into it soon

linuxares and RattletraPM like this.
  13. wartutor

wartutor Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2012
    United States
    What do u mean save editing broke with this. Do you mean completely broke or only if you are using save redirecting. I dont want to update if im unable to edit saves

Last edited by wartutor, Apr 12, 2019
  14. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    I do believe he means the SD redirect.

15. BlastedGuy9905

BlastedGuy9905 where's the updated autopsy report

Apr 13, 2017
    United States
    under your desk
    Imagine when actual June 15th happens. They haven't thought of that huh

16. wartutor

wartutor Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2012
    United States
    I just wonder how many devs are goin to hold releases for an extra week just so they can release on june 15th

17. Zumoly

Zumoly GBATemp Analyst

Apr 27, 2018
    Mali
    Yorosso
    Oh? So a previous version of AMS is causing this? Mario Kart 8 wouldn't also launch for me. Getting rid of the updates made it work!?

18. 210modz
    This message by 210modz has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Apr 12, 2019, Reason: Knock it off with the flamebait.
    Apr 12, 2019
  19. lordelan
    This message by lordelan has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Apr 12, 2019, Reason: Don't feed the troll.
    Apr 12, 2019
  20. WerWolv

WerWolv EdiZon Developer

Mar 30, 2018
    Switzerland
    It means I somehow manage to crash the fs service which then takes the whole system down with it. It happens when having save redirection enabled and trying to apply the edits

21. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    Can't wait to see VERSION 1.0 EMUNAND.

22. wartutor

wartutor Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2012
    United States
    Ok cool thx for the answer and for your hard work on edizon and let me not forget the devs behind atmo amazing work people

Edit...
    And how am i still a newcomer ive been a member since 2012. I just noticed that lmao

Last edited by wartutor, Apr 12, 2019