Ataribox Design Revealed

Ataribox1Resize.jpg
The Ataribox, a new console by Atari, has been circulating the net for a while. We finally have confirmation as to what it looks like, and the fact that it will be a modern console, competing with PS4 and Xbox One! It will also support old Atari games, probably through emulation, but that is not Atari's main focus. There are two designs to choose from, the "wood" model and a "red/black" model.
Atari said:
Inspired by classic Atari design elements (such as the iconic use of wood, ribbed lines, and raised back); we are creating a smooth design, with ribs that flow seamlessly all around the body of the product, a front panel that can be either wood or glass, a front facing logo, indicator lights that glow through the material, and an array of new ports.
AtariWood1Resize.jpg

AtariRed1Resize.jpg
It has also been revealed that the Ataribox will have HDMI, 4 USB ports, and an SD card slot. Below is an image of what the red model looks like from the front and back.
AtariRedBackResize.jpg
More details are to be revealed soon!

:arrow:Source

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Do we really need another Competitor in console market? Does Atari even have worthwile exclusives? recently their games have been trash.

+1. I mean technically we won't know without further details but imho I feel like Atari is too late to the party.

We got nintendo dominating handhelds + 60% of the console market thanks to the switch,

PS4 and Xbone rocking next gen.

What niche/cliche does Atari have left?

Reactions: CathyRina
S

Saiyan Lusitano

The Classic SNES is definitely going to be a beast but do wish Nintendo would've done more along the lines of the Ataribox.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why won't company's stop using shity android?????
Because they get the lowest paid intern to put together the software.
Frankly I really want it to be nothing more than an Atari version of the Nintendo Classics. If it's going to try to do everything it's going to cost too much and not do what I want it to do.

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
Because they get the lowest paid intern to put together the software.
Frankly I really want it to be nothing more than an Atari version of the Nintendo Classics. If it's going to try to do everything it's going to cost too much and not do what I want it to do.

I bet it's going to end just as bad if not worse than OUYA :sad:.

Last edited by jimmyleen,

incidentallyscribble

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There might be a market for this kind of stuff. Let's say it has almost-modern specs, and it only costs ~$100, and if it gets 3rd party support, then the market is the parents/grandparents that want to get their kid a console but they dont want to spend >$150 on the console. Its not a big market, but it could be a market.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, I know what it is. :creep: