Gaming Assassins Creed 3 Question

DQScott95

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently downloading it to my HDD. But almost everything ive read on here is bad mouthing it saying its horrible, or the worst in the franchise. The only other AC game I played was the first one and it was pretty cool. So my question is can someone please give me an unbiased opinion about AC3. Did I just waist 60$? Or are people just bashing it for no reason...

DQScott95

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just reading those little reviews on metacritic has put my mind at ease:) Thank you very for the link. I am now very happy that I have purchased it.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It''s not a bad game, the controls are a bit sluggish and buggy, by that you'll go one way but for whatever reason Connor will jump the other.

The story is horrible and the main character is such a bore. It's not a bad game, but a crappy Assassin's Creed game if that makes sense. Especially if you've played Assassin's Creed 2, you will see why AC3 is a letdown. It doesn't feel right and felt like it was rushed and had a lot of the fun stuff about the AC games, changed.

vdoggie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when a game makes u walk 30-60 seconds after a cut scene, only to introduce yet another 5 minute cut scene you will want to take connors knife and slit your wrists.. this game is fucking horrendous.. all trial and error and lame QTE's.. the combat is the most laughable crap I have played.. $60 a waste of money is an understatement.. I would have more fun BURNING the money.. pure and utter frustration.. not to mention the game feels sooo disconnected.. I want to snap the disc in half.. now I have to find some schmuck to buy it from me.. I guess ebay will do!!

DQScott95

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Way to be emotional about it haha it really isnt bad at all, I suppose its just preference I guess, but you really shouldnt judge games THAT harshly -.-

Edit: Every game has its strong and weak points, to dwell on the weak ones just isnt any fun, and doesnt allow you to enjoy the game for what it is.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Way to be emotional about it haha it really isnt bad at all, I suppose its just preference I guess, but you really shouldnt judge games THAT harshly -.-

Edit: Every game has its strong and weak points, to dwell on the weak ones just isnt any fun, and doesnt allow you to enjoy the game for what it is.

I was judging it based off of the previous games. Story, character, gameplay wise, which the previous ones all had better. Like I said, good game, horrible Assassin's Creed game.

DQScott95

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was judging it based off of the previous games. Story, character, gameplay wise, which the previous ones all had better. Like I said, good game, horrible Assassin's Creed game.

I was talking about the guy who posted right below you. He just completely bashed it and said it was a horrible game...

Edit: We have some haters on here xP

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
Its pretty good, Conner is a bore like mentioned above and isn't near the badass that Ezio is. I really enjoyed it but I hated that you could not edit Assassins in your guild and it felt as if the assassins were gonna die with Conner.

DQScott95

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im sure they released a patch that fixed most of the issues stated above, because I have been playing it and have had no bugs whatsoever. He always goes where I want, and the combat seems pretty fluid:)

Edit: I feel like people deliberately look for a slight issues and then tend to majorly over-exaggerate it

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
Im sure they released a patch that fixed most of the issues stated above, because I have been playing it and have had no bugs whatsoever. He always goes where I want, and the combat seems pretty fluid:)

Edit: I feel like people deliberately look for a slight issues and then tend to majorly over-exaggerate it
I didn't have any bug issues in the game just found the assassins to be kind of useless but fighting, running & hunting in AC3 is amazing and I did love the game.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So my question is can someone please give me an unbiased opinion about AC3.
An opinion is pretty much biased by definition, so...I wouldn't get my hopes up. Issac's link to metacritic is in that aspect the best post in the thread.

However, many people give reasons why they dislike it. The major one seems mainly that things have changed for the worse since AC2. So considering you haven't played that one, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

JerJer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could have been a really good game however too many situations where you have to go back to a previous save and do things differently or you get trapped in a loop that has no way out. Example: You are at the fort and have to blow up the Powder Kegs with your pistol. You cannot move except rotating around as the game has placed you in a shoot the gun only position. However your gun (you have amo) won't load and so you cannot fire to explode the powder kegs. The only way out is to clear memory and start over. Actually I have yet to find a way past this problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.