Ash : Archaic Sealed Heat

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Slave, Jan 14, 2008.

Jan 14, 2008

Ash : Archaic Sealed Heat by Slave at 9:11 PM (2,775 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Slave
    OP

Member Slave GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I'd be interested in a Menu/options translation for Ash : Archaic Sealed Heat on the DS... just like the options to choose from in battle (atk, def, item, special) and maybe some of the usefull items names & pause options (revive, potion HP/MP, Save, Quit, Load) I think I could manage to beat the game from that point, anyone up for the challenge? [​IMG]

Game's been out for a while and still no news about an English version for the US market [​IMG]

Thanks! [​IMG]

2. fateastray

Member fateastray GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    IGN has it TBA'd.

DUtch saying: 'Hoop doet leven' -> Hope keeps you alive. ;X

3. azotyp

Member azotyp GBAtemp Maniac

Poland
    Maybe a littile offtop but I have to ask, are you that Slave (creator of wonderfull skins from ndsthemes).

4. deufeufeu

Member deufeufeu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Cote d'Ivoire
    can people stop asking randomly for translation patch. It's not like fifteen minutes of work easily done by running or or two programs, there's a lot of work involved in making one. And unless you're doing yourself one there's no real point in requesting one.

5. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I read somewhere that the developer involved said that it will be out in the US in 2008, of course I've heard nothing since.

6. Slave
    OP

Member Slave GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Sorry but No I dunno how those translation are done... I follow the Wonderful World translation project and by the looks of it it seems rather simple for those that knows how to do it. Figured that it wouldnt be too much to ask to translate a few buttons. I'm not asking for the whole game, but just the very basic... something to keep me playing...I dont bother skipping through the story... I just wanted to play the game... [​IMG]

7. rmco2003

Member rmco2003 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Translation and hacking are never simple. They're extremely time consuming and involve a lot of effort to get even the simplest of things accomplished, and for a translation to look professional it almost always requires reverse engineering the game's assembly and modifying it in some way, like adding variable width fonts for example.

8. deufeufeu

Member deufeufeu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Cote d'Ivoire
    The Wonderful World english translation was based of an existing thai translation, altough it's still quite complicated to edit, one can either reuse the tool used by the thai translators if they were nice enough to provide them, or at worst do a binary diff between the two rom to precisely locate where text and font has been edited.