Slave

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'd be interested in a Menu/options translation for Ash : Archaic Sealed Heat on the DS... just like the options to choose from in battle (atk, def, item, special) and maybe some of the usefull items names & pause options (revive, potion HP/MP, Save, Quit, Load) I think I could manage to beat the game from that point, anyone up for the challenge?
unsure.gif

Game's been out for a while and still no news about an English version for the US market
cry.gif

Thanks!
bow.gif

D

Deleted User

can people stop asking randomly for translation patch. It's not like fifteen minutes of work easily done by running or or two programs, there's a lot of work involved in making one. And unless you're doing yourself one there's no real point in requesting one.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read somewhere that the developer involved said that it will be out in the US in 2008, of course I've heard nothing since.

Slave

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe a littile offtop but I have to ask, are you that Slave (creator of wonderfull skins from ndsthemes).

Yes I am
shy.gif
Glad to see my name finally getting some reconnition haha :-D

can people stop asking randomly for translation patch. It's not like fifteen minutes of work easily done by running or or two programs, there's a lot of work involved in making one. And unless you're doing yourself one there's no real point in requesting one.
Sorry but No I dunno how those translation are done... I follow the Wonderful World translation project and by the looks of it it seems rather simple for those that knows how to do it. Figured that it wouldnt be too much to ask to translate a few buttons. I'm not asking for the whole game, but just the very basic... something to keep me playing...I dont bother skipping through the story... I just wanted to play the game...
dry.gif

rmco2003

Trophies
XP
Country
Translation and hacking are never simple. They're extremely time consuming and involve a lot of effort to get even the simplest of things accomplished, and for a translation to look professional it almost always requires reverse engineering the game's assembly and modifying it in some way, like adding variable width fonts for example.

D

Deleted User

Sorry but No I dunno how those translation are done... I follow the Wonderful World translation project and by the looks of it it seems rather simple for those that knows how to do it. Figured that it wouldnt be too much to ask to translate a few buttons. I'm not asking for the whole game, but just the very basic... something to keep me playing...I dont bother skipping through the story... I just wanted to play the game...
dry.gif
The Wonderful World english translation was based of an existing thai translation, altough it's still quite complicated to edit, one can either reuse the tool used by the thai translators if they were nice enough to provide them, or at worst do a binary diff between the two rom to precisely locate where text and font has been edited.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zufnIPGYQx8 +1