Not open for further replies.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure this goes without saying, but I hope this will be Portal news when the patch is finally released to the public.

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It amuses me that this news made it to the portal page on DS-Scene.net. Just the fact that there is a finished patch although not yet released.

lonewolf80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's hope so. I've been dying to try out all those games the game creators decided to make in Japanese and Korean and not translate it into English. I miss so many good titles because of that fact, and that fact alone.

CrimsonRose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
>.< I can't wait for the patch. Ive been waiting since he announced that he was translating this game!!! Damn i wish i was a translator!!! Oh well. Beta testers do your best!!!
yaynds.gif

Takanato

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Um, I have a question for my fellow beta testers of ASH. Have you heard from Psycho as yet because I have not for some reason. o.o

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope. Not a word. Just waiting patiently. I'm sure we'll be contacted when we're needed. Until then I'm trying to fix my damn Cyclo. some of the folders are giving me trouble. so if you want something to do, help me fix my music folder
smile.gif
see cyclo boards for further details.

Takanato

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
No thanks, I just wanted to know if Psycho had forgotten me xD. I'll keep on playing Dungeon Fighter Online.
P.S. My DFO key is Tengoku.

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
Oh my god! Excellent work!
biggrin.gif
I can't wait to play it haha! Too bad I noticed late the beta testing.

(Finally a translation that's not about Pokemon HG SS) lol

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello....

...thank you for your perfect work and the time you spent on this....
Is there anyone out there who translate 7th Dragon or is it already translated?

may it released in USA or Europe?

Greetz

steirina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I'll be waiting patiently until we can start with beta testing, so anytime you're ready. ~

If it's not too much of an intrusion, might I make a suggestion? In terms of checking for grammar and tweaking in the colloquialisms, would it be easier if the entire game script was dumped in a place accessible to all the beta testers wherein we can edit as needed [like googledocs]? I've been considering the process, and it seems awkward if looking for bugs is coupled with looking for grammatical errors. The way I picture it, I'll need pen and paper with me while playing to take notes, but perhaps that's just me. >>

psycoblaster

Divine
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
steirina said:
Well, I'll be waiting patiently until we can start with beta testing, so anytime you're ready. ~

If it's not too much of an intrusion, might I make a suggestion? In terms of checking for grammar and tweaking in the colloquialisms, would it be easier if the entire game script was dumped in a place accessible to all the beta testers wherein we can edit as needed [like googledocs]? I've been considering the process, and it seems awkward if looking for bugs is coupled with looking for grammatical errors. The way I picture it, I'll need pen and paper with me while playing to take notes, but perhaps that's just me. >>
I've already considered it, but I'm still thinking about how I should do this.
As explained earlier, I've tried using google docs last time, but it didn't work too well. However, everything was easy to see, because I was able to color code everything and organize stuff by simply copy and pasting...
If I create a new forum for this, then it takes forever to look through post, hard to "mark" the threads as "done" or "needs revision" etc

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@psycoblaster

......maybe its the wrong Thread for my question(above) but can you please give me a hint (or answer) where i have to look for.

THX

welaeron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure it would be a good idea to use a shared document. 20 people modifying the same sentence, and not mentionning the fights about a translation...
smile.gif

May I suggest a bug reporting and tracking tool, like trac? ( http://trac.edgewall.org/ )
After all, we're going to work as a team on a same project, computer scientists will know what I mean
smile.gif

This way, we could all report bugs, typos, errors, etc on the same place. Psyco could still be the "lead" and be the one to decide which of our proposals to keep, and close each.

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I agree that something like a bug tracker for individual problem areas is best. It would be difficult to run anything else due to the nature of free-form editing.

steirina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If we were going to use a shared document, I was thinking that we'd simply insert notes rather than deleting and replacing. That would be terrible to keep tack of.

How does the bug tracker work, though? I'm sorry to say that I've never encountered one, much less experienced using such a program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp