ARMS character Min-Min is the latest DLC addition to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

We knew that ARMS would be getting representation in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, but the identity of the character was a secret, until today. Sakurai has shown us the latest character we'll be seeing added to the game's DLC roster. He and the development team are working from home, so we get to see a slightly different presentation video than usual, where we learn that Min Min is headed to Smash. Her limbs are stretchy, just like in Arms, giving the character a lot of range, and the ability to use both the left and right arms for attacks. 18 tracks from Arms will also be added to Ultimate's impressive song list. The character and state will launch on June 29th, for $5.99, or included as part of the Fighters Pass Vol 2. More paid DLC Mii costumes are also coming to the game, where Arms's Ninjara will get representation alongside Heihachi from Tekken, Callie and Marie from Splatoon, and also Fallout's Vault Boy. The amiibo line will also continue, with both Persona 5's Joker and Dragon Quest's Hero launching later this fall.

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hrmm that would be interesting. Maybe give her a kirby-esque gimmick where she can transform into other fighters or copy other fighter moves? (Since Kirby's copy is limited to purely smash attacks, give her the ability to copy any attack). I could see that work. Although, if I'm being honest, I'd much rather want my boy Frozone Rundas in Smash than her if we're doing any of the Prime 3 hunters.
I agree, I just think she'd bring the most variety, all options considered

BLsquared

Game Programmer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want Gunvolt or Copen in the game. Is that too much to ask? I've basically given up on us getting Zero, Aile, or Bass.EXE so....

More likely is someone like Master Chief. I hope.

Still, cool to have a new, kinda unique character. Should be good choices from here on, right? Right?

velgis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm quite a fan of this new character! I liked ARMS; the character designs and world it takes place in are really interesting. I do wish that the game itself had more to offer in terms of modes, as it does get boring eventually. If Nintendo took their time to develop ARMS 2 and add a ton more playable content, I think it could be a great IP. I personally hoped for Lola Pop as our rep but Min Min did win the ARMS popularity contest before. I don't think the DLC will necessarily be as bad as you guys say; Fighter's Pass 1 was also chosen by Nintendo seeing as they just supply a list of characters and Sakurai chooses from that list to actually implement.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vault boy should be a dlc character. he could pop out stuff from fallout similar to how mr game and watch uses stuff from the game and watch series. Vault boy final smash could be death claws destroying you. or a nuke blowing you out of vault 101

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
For the two people who care, Min Min now has her original spirit and a fighter spirit labeled "Min Min (Fighter)"

I'm unsure if the original spirit was updated with DLC though, since I don't have the second FP or the individual character.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: 4th wife