1. 5,840

Front-page

We knew that ARMS would be getting representation in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, but the identity of the character was a secret, until today. Sakurai has shown us the latest character we'll be seeing added to the game's DLC roster. He and the development team are working from home, so we get to see a slightly different presentation video than usual, where we learn that Min Min is headed to Smash. Her limbs are stretchy, just like in Arms, giving the character a lot of range, and the ability to use both the left and right arms for attacks. 18 tracks from Arms will also be added to Ultimate's impressive song list. The character and state will launch on June 29th, for $5.99, or included as part of the Fighters Pass Vol 2. More paid DLC Mii costumes are also coming to the game, where Arms's Ninjara will get representation alongside Heihachi from Tekken, Callie and Marie from Splatoon, and also Fallout's Vault Boy. The amiibo line will also continue, with both Persona 5's Joker and Dragon Quest's Hero launching later this fall.

2. Discussion (69 replies)

3. Lotoonlink

Lotoonlink Probably doesn't know what he's talking about

United States
    VAULT BOY WHAT?

4. LuigiSuperStarSaga

LuigiSuperStarSaga GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    WTF? VAULT BOY?

Xabring and Stealphie like this.
  5. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    Well, we got Vault Boy in Smash and we got to see a little of Sakurai's house, so that was cool.

Can't exactly say I'm excited for another zoner, but at least her counter-play seems pretty straightforward. I'll keep waiting for a character I'm at least moderately interested in before grabbing fighters pass 2.

6. RyRyIV

RyRyIV Chicken Chaser
    Contributor

United States
    VAULT BOY CONFIRMED

7. Trash_Bandatcoot

Trash_Bandatcoot im useless

Netherlands
    I hear nobody talking about Min-Min being in Smash, and all people are talking about is Vault Boy. ...Sure?
    Tbh I don't really care about Fallout, I care more so about Min-Min. During the stream, she looked pretty damn overpowered at times!

Xabring and banjo2 like this.
  8. RyRyIV

RyRyIV Chicken Chaser
    Contributor

United States
    She looks fun for sure, but for me at least it was just shocking to see Fallout get any kind of representation, even in a Mii Gunner costume

Lotoonlink likes this.
  9. HaloEffect17

HaloEffect17 Hiya!

Canada
    HOLY VAULT BOI

RyRyIV likes this.
  10. banjo2

banjo2 gamer

United States
    The best part was the "Pauline isn't that hard" section

11. Dartz150

Dartz150 Yet another Onii-chan

Mexico
    Sakurai owned the audience very hard with that.

Xabring and banjo2 like this.
  12. jupitteer

jupitteer cum

Antarctica
    Any character with a linear recovery is gonna get gimped with no effort lol

RedBlueGreen and StrayGuitarist like this.
  13. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    lets be honest, arms wasnt a very sucefull game, it was fun for like 20 mins and them you kinda passed it along and never played it again, no one was really exited to get an arms rep and even now its like "meh" ok its a first party rep so we can acept it but no one cared too much at all.

14. jupitteer

jupitteer cum

Antarctica
    game actually had a lot of depth with how you approached different matchups by changing your arms configuration, IMO people just didnt give the game enough of a chance

15. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    they have officially lost it adding characters that haven't even been on or near any nintendo consoles before!

16. Xzi

United States
    Meh, at best it has as much depth as Pokken Tournament, and that's coming from someone who did buy it but later traded it in. Mario Tennis Aces seems to scratch that same "back and forth" itch for me while still managing to retain entertainment value some 30-40 hours in.

You mean like Cloud? Lol.

17. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Vault boy, Cup head, and Sans are really good skins, but do ppl honestly play with mii's?

18. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    you can say that of every game specialy any fighting game, even bad ones, if you give them enough time you learn more, most people just didnt like the way it played me included.

Fallout Shelter is on switch so there is a fallout game on switch(not a good one but there is one lol), maybe they are doing this becuase they plan on porting like fallout 3 or new vegas or whatever to switch in the future who knows, bethesda has more Doom games and wolfenstein games on switch and nintendo consoles in general than fallout, it would have made more sence putting doom guy or wolfenstein guy as a gunner but who knows maybe its a preview to releasing fallout 3 /new vegas port on switch someday.

Last edited by pedro702, Jun 22, 2020
  19. Xzi

United States
    I see quite a few Sans online, that's about it.

20. SANIC

SANIC GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後

United States
    Fallout Shelter is on Switch
    Final Fantasy started on Nintendo consoles

21. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    while FF started on nintendo consoles, cloud itself also only appeared in kingdom hearts chain of memorys on the gba, so kinda like vault boy is a character that only appeared on a spin off game on a nintendo console, of course now we have the ff7 port on switch lol.

StrayGuitarist likes this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - character, addition, Ultimate