Homebrew arm9select - my own take on a A9LH file select

Fallen_Lucario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I compiled the .3dsx using your fork of it, and i installed arm9, but it wont read anything in the arm9select folder. What do i need to do with the arm9select files, do i have to recompile or something please help as this seems like a great thing you've developed. Sorry for being so noobish D:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nevermind i got it but the back light still flickers on and off...

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
started out using a9lh and cakes but getting glitches during loading process (not nice to look at) how wd i switch over to using aureinand.....thcx guys

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
@FIX94:

"Doing screen init but leaving backlight at 0x0 is a non-standard environment. The proper way for Fix94 would be to NOT do screen init in stage2 and doing it fully from inside Arm9Select. This way detection wouldn't be borked. This is not an issue with Aurei itself."

This is a quote from Aurora. Your version of A9L is causing issues with Aureinand now. (hangs if booted without config file). Perhaps moving screen init into Arm9Select would be better?

Reactions: Deleted User

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is a quote from Aurora. Your version of A9L is causing issues with Aureinand now. (hangs if booted without config file). Perhaps moving screen init into Arm9Select would be better?
funny enough that way around arm9select always hung for me and I didnt understand at all why.

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Last edited by Aurora Wright,

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
You need to disable interrupts on arm11, or else you need weird delays XD You can see here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/AuR...d7a0bbf3c2424cf2808f48ca4/source/screeninit.c
Also, the "if(PDN_GPU_CNT == 1)" is a way to check if the screens have been inited or not, if that might be useful.

Has anyone talked to you about your version of A9LH with screen init not working with the latest version of Aureinand when the lid is closed? In other if the 3ds lid is closed for more than an hour A9LH bricks with a black screen.

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Has anyone talked to you about your version of A9LH with screen init not working with the latest version of Aureinand when the lid is closed? In other if the 3ds lid is closed for more than an hour A9LH bricks with a black screen.
I can't see how a payload loader (which is what stage2 is) can cause a brick.

D

Deleted User

@FIX94:

"Doing screen init but leaving backlight at 0x0 is a non-standard environment. The proper way for Fix94 would be to NOT do screen init in stage2 and doing it fully from inside Arm9Select. This way detection wouldn't be borked. This is not an issue with Aurei itself."

I agree with this! Please update!

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What file do I rename to default.bin? I'm using Luma3DS, but I can't figure out how to launch it from this program.

D

Deleted User

What file do I rename to default.bin? I'm using Luma3DS, but I can't figure out how to launch it from this program.
Rename Luma's "arm9loaderhax.bin" to "default.bin" and put it into the "arm9select" folder

If using Luma with a boot manager, you also have to use a "path changer" would you like me to explain how?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@FIX94 any chance you could update your arm9loaderhax build with the updated pushes from delebile?
I know this is late but use my "Backlight set to 0" payload here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/safea9lhinstaller-payloads.419774/

Reactions: PF2M

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to just run ReiNand, but yes I am aware of Luma3DS chainload ability. Don't want to run Luma just for chainloading. That is why I used Arm9Select on my A9LH system instead of using Luma3DS as it had chainloading for A9LH as well. I had only 3 payloads but I used L trigger for Gateway, Select for Decrypt9 and Start for Uncart. Seeing as Decrypt9 can dump carts I now can use just select and start. Luma uses select (config menu) and start (chainloader menu). I like having those buttons completely free for payloads.

Last edited by stl25,

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@FIX94, Is there anyway to update this to be compatible with B9S 1.2 vice A9LH. I still use it on my A9LH system but would like to use it on my B9S 1.2 system as well.
This one didn't got any updates for a while because it was merged into AuReiNand (now Luma3DS). It needs to be rewrite from scratch in order to work with B9S.

Btw, you can get a similar chainloading using BootCtr9 of CtrBootManager.

Last edited by Billy Acuña,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/