SafeA9LHInstaller Payloads!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by SirBeethoven, Mar 21, 2016.

1. SirBeethoven
    OP

SirBeethoven 3.145.... something. E=mc2

Nov 26, 2015
    United States
    This guide has been deprecated! There is simply no need anymore thanks to this!
    Commits
    THANKS GBATemp!
    Go here for more info https://gbatemp.net/threads/a9lh-can-now-boot-without-sd-card.432593/
    ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Last edited by SirBeethoven, Sep 2, 2016
    max_505, Ryccardo, slaugaus and 10 others like this.

2. CrimzonEyed

CrimzonEyed GBAtemp Addict

Sep 3, 2007
    So what exactly is this? From what I understand it will reinstalled a9lh, but with built-in payload that slightly increase boot time?

3. SirBeethoven
    OP

Nov 26, 2015
    United States
    It has the same exact boot time. The only difference is that is doesnt initialize the screen at the beginning like the default A9LH does. It is to be used with AuReiNand to re-initialize the screen when loading tools like Decrypt9WIP. I'm pretty sure FIX94's does the same thing but it is made especially for his tool: Arm9Select

leonmagnus99 likes this.
  4. WallK

WallK Get off my lawn

Apr 8, 2011
    What the point of having no screen init?

MattKimura likes this.
  5. astronautlevel

astronautlevel But he's a guy

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Site™
    So you don't get screen flicker.

More accurately this does init the screen, but it turns the backlight off and only turns it on when you load a payload that needs it.

leonmagnus99 and SirBeethoven like this.
  6. WallK

WallK Get off my lawn

Apr 8, 2011
    But I don't see my screen flicker anyway. It's just black?

7. astronautlevel

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Site™
    Then you're probably using a fork of a9lh that doesn't give screen flicker, so don't worry about it.

8. WallK

WallK Get off my lawn

Apr 8, 2011
    Mm, I use delebile's one. It says that screen init is implemented in it on github page

9. astronautlevel

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Site™
    Maybe your boot manager sets backlight to 0 by default anyway.

10. WallK

WallK Get off my lawn

Apr 8, 2011
    But backlight is indeed on. By flicker you mean backlight one? But I need to watch really closely to know if it's on our off...

11. SirBeethoven
    OP

Nov 26, 2015
    United States
    You don't need to worry

Last edited by SirBeethoven, Mar 21, 2016
  12. WallK

WallK Get off my lawn

Apr 8, 2011
    I just want to know. It's it bad?

13. SirBeethoven
    OP

Nov 26, 2015
    United States
    How long ago did you install A9LH? Maybe screen init is there but you can't notice it or you have the older Delebile version. You could be also trying to look for the wrong thing based on our information

14. WallK

WallK Get off my lawn

Apr 8, 2011
    Couple of weeks maybe? Decrypt9 was launching fine with bootmanager9 or what's the name of it

15. Faolan

Faolan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2015
    United States
    So you only need your otp the first time you install a9lh? Not when updating/changing it?

16. astronautlevel

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Site™
    Yes. Even before this you could use dark-samus's updater.

17. punderino

punderino aka Big-Dick Swinger

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Kansas City, Missouri
    I'm so confused. I take the data_input files, and put them in there, I already have a9lh so no OTP.bin. How do I run it now?

18. tiduscrying

tiduscrying that butt...

Jun 12, 2012
    United States
    HELL
    Okay, so let me get this straight before I run the installer. I already have A9LH installed and am running the latest version of AuReiNAND. My current A9LH payload is from back when DarkSamus and team first released the screen-init updater, so I guess it is a bit outdated since it doesn't have the auto-shutdown-if-no-sd function that the most recent branch does. But what files do I need here? I have the A9LH folder on my root, and inside that folder is the download from above and the contents from the data_input.zip. Do I need my OTP.bin or nah? Like since I am just updating and everything is this whole procedure different? Or do I just run the installer like normal? I also renamed the installer to "down.bin" and put it in "/aurei/payloads/" for future A9LH updates, but I guess that doesn't really change much. Also, since this is designed to work with AuReiNAND, I will assume that the splash screen will still show up, right? Even with the screen init "disabled"?

EDIT: I was bored and curiosity took hold of me. I guess this overwrote my A9LH install with Aurora's fork then. It is working perfectly. I wasn't having issues with flickering before, so I can't really account for that, but the no-SD shutdown is working as expected, so I guess everything flashed just fine. My splashes are still showing too, so all my answers I got myself I guess, haha!

Last edited by tiduscrying, Mar 21, 2016
    SirBeethoven likes this.
  19. punderino

punderino aka Big-Dick Swinger

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Kansas City, Missouri
    I'm not getting AuReiNand splashes on 3.11 after installing this.

20. DQScott95

DQScott95 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 4, 2009
    United States
    Well yeah... this version doesn't have screen-init. It says it right there. So your splash screen won't show without screen-init