arm9loaderhax question

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by rnw10va, Apr 21, 2017.

1. rnw10va
    OP

rnw10va Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2017
    United States
    So I have been installing arm9loaderhax from this link's instructions https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax and it seems that I have everything I need to download arm9loaderhax. In section 2 it says to go to the url http://2xrsa.3ds.guide in my 3ds. I did that but it just says arm11.bin loading. I clicked select like they told me to but nothing happened. Do you guys have any idea what the problem could be? Thanks.

2. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae ξίφος εἶδος

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    Keep trying, clear your browser's save data, and ensure that you have the correct files on your SD card (on the root and in the a9lh folder).

Also, refer to these three previous threads on this issue: 1, 2, & 3.

Last edited by Xiphiidae, Apr 21, 2017
  3. rnw10va
    OP

rnw10va Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2017
    United States
    Thanks, those links helped. Just wondering, when copying the files over from safeA9LHInstaller do I overwrite the old ads folder with the new one? The other one was from homebrew channel.

4. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae ξίφος εἶδος

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    The 3DS folder? Just merge them. What's most important are the correct SafeA9LHInstaller files being on the root of the SD card (arm9.bin, arm11.bin, & SafeA9LHInstaller.dat).

Last edited by Xiphiidae, Apr 21, 2017
  5. rnw10va
    OP

rnw10va Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2017
    United States
    Yeah I just did that. Thanks. I still have the issue though. Could this have to do with the fact that it says "you should be on 2.1.0." What do they mean by that?

6. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    I like how the font of the text in the OP grows and shrinks randomly

7. RHOPKINS13

RHOPKINS13 Geek

Jan 31, 2009
    United States
    If you've been following the entire guide from start to finish, you should have used SafeCTRTransfer to downgrade your 3DS to 2.1.0 first. Otherwise it won't work. After you've installed A9LH you restore a backup to get back to the version you were on before, and if you want you can do a system update afterwards to get on the latest version.

Please read ALL the directions and follow them carefully. I hate seeing people end up with bricks just because they skimmed over something.