Homebrew arm9loaderhax few questions about it.

linkinworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So my current setup is sysnand 9.2, menuhax, ctrbootmanager, RXtools emunand, everything is installed on my emunand with my NNID setup.

Whats the best way to go about installing A9lh with this in mind? i had issues before where my saves from my sysnand would not work on the emunand partition (just currupted data and it deleted it) i'd rather not loose my saves all over again if possible since i've put a fair amount of time into pokemon currently and built up some for and kept everything legit so i can use online etc. so whats the best way to install a9lh and being able to keep everything intact this time around? i dont want to use tools that would flag any game saves etc as hacked since i dont do anything like that anyway. I don't mind having to reinstall games its mainly just my gamesaves and my NNID working again that I care about since I have a load of games bought from the eshop

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best way to do it is the same way that everyone else does it, which is to follow this guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

You won't lose saves or NNID or anything if you follow the steps as directed.

Given that you already have an emunand, you can skip to part 4 of the guide. Just make sure that you have current sysnand and emunand backups before starting.

Installing a9lh removes the need for menuhax-based boot managers (and will in fact cause conflicts if you leave it there), so you might want to remove ctrbootmanager and replace boot.3dsx with the homebrew launcher before following the guide.

wiiu more like pee u

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you already have a CFW setup on any version between 9.0.0 and 9.2.0, change menuhax to type 1, set your menuhax trigger to D-Pad down, then start the guide at Part 4.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you already have a CFW setup on any version between 9.0.0 and 9.2.0, change menuhax to type 1, set your menuhax trigger to D-Pad down, then start the guide at Part 4.
I had the exact same setup you had.. I didn't back any individual saves up, I just followed exactly what the guide said and now im on a9lh luma 3ds all good.

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Backup your 9.0-2 SysNand and your current EmuNand
2. Follow the guide
3. At the end, Restore that EmuNand backup to SysNand with the option to keep A9LH via A9LH Decrypt9

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats a big IF everything goes to plan, anyway to get my saves to backup and to be able to restore them foolproof? just in case something does go wrong. that's my main worry.
Again, you won't lose anything by following the guide. But redundancy can't hurt anything either, so if you wanna back up your saves use JK's Save Manager's multiple save backup feature.

Reactions: leanderson2006

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/heNQ-22Mqnk?si=B4bTa9MKZkRNCkxU