Hacking Arm11 Crashes with B9

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I attempted it but it didn't register that I was using the b9s 1.1 files. I was probably doing something wrong and I don't want to risk trying again.
I wouldn't downgrade to B9S 1.0/1.1. If you don't know what you're doing, you're asking for a brick. Try the above 7.1 version of Luma3DS that's supposed to work with B9S 1.2.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't downgrade to B9S 1.0/1.1. If you don't know what you're doing, you're asking for a brick. Try the above 7.1 version of Luma3DS that's supposed to work with B9S 1.2.
Thanks, but I'm not the one having issues with Luma. I was seeing if it was possible and I was trying it on a spare system.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Could he use SafeB9SInstaller to downgrade b9s to v1.1/v1.0?
That would work.
I think I am on B9 1.2. What Luma's can be used with 1.2? It seems like Luma 7's have best stability and was hoping I can go with one of those...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Should I downgrade B9? Also, how would I do that?

I don't think I can downgrade B9 as I dont have a backup of B9 1.0. I followed the A9LH to B9 guide on 3DS guide site. Think I went directly to B9 1.2... :(
Try the legacy build like I said. It should be just as stable as 7.1.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would work.

Try the legacy build like I said. It should be just as stable as 7.1.
Was I doing something wrong then? Like I said, I tried using the files for boot9strap v1.1 and it still booted to Luma 8.0, when Luma 8.0 requires b9s v1.2. I was using the most recent SafeB9SInstaller, if that made a difference.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,
D

Deleted-351540

Also, it's safe to restore an a9lh backup onto a b9s console.
This is happening then. At least I will be able to confirm B9S/Luma3DS 8+ as the culprit. If this stops the issue, I will restore my B9S backup and continue debugging with you.

Unless you feel it is not necessary.

Reactions: astronautlevel

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So far I have just one game that crashes...so I'll join the crash dump with that message

Attachments

• Mario Party Star Rush EUR Crash.rar
    843 bytes · Views: 127
D

Deleted User

All homebrew crashes for me and ever oasis eur version crash at boot also super ghost and goblins it triggers an arm 11 exception at boot

D

Deleted-351540

Dumps are attached.
1-4 are TWLoader.cia. Immediate crashes.
5/6 are CSPSP.cia (Counter Strike PSP 3DS port). Immediate crashes.
7 should be TWLoader attempting to load a ROM from my flashcart. (AceKard 2i)
8 is TWLoader trying to view settings.

All cia's are the latest versions. Luma3DS is 8.1. Exception handlers are not disabled. Clock+L2 is stock, always has been. TWLoader 3dsx works perfectly. I forgot a 3dsx dump because 12 hour shift. :(

A9LH 11.4 backup restored perfectly. Luckily, before B9S I had backed up the SD card so I had an exact copy of my system before B9S. Everything works flawlessly. Mario Sports Superstars works again, TWLoader is working fine again, HBL.cia is launching again, etc... For information, the console is now A9LH, 11.4, Luma3DS 7.0.5. All cia's are the latest. I even updated TWLoader manually to the latest version. (It was about 3 behind.) I am calling it confirmed: something happened from Luma3DS 7.0.5 to Luma3DS 7.1/8+.

Which only begs the question to you developers: What on earth can we do to help you help us? If it is simply providing dumps, I'll load everything I can think of after restoring my B9S Luma3DS 8.1 NAND and provide them until you hate me for giving you 300+ at a time. If there's anything else, please don't hesitate to request it.

Community: Listen to the devs that actually know what they're doing. If they request dumps, give them up! If they want other info, give it to them. They can't fix it if we don't help them. Luma3DS saves your dump files in a folder on your SD card. The location is /luma/dumps/arm11/. Compress them (zip them) and upload them here. Try and be descriptive about what is happening during the crash and what is running when it crashes. If enough of us are having the same error it should help make the problem clearer. Likewise, you might show a unique crash that is unknown. Thanks!

Attachments

• bobdamnit-Dumps.zip
    5.7 KB · Views: 121

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Dumps are attached.
1-4 are TWLoader.cia. Immediate crashes.
5/6 are CSPSP.cia (Counter Strike PSP 3DS port). Immediate crashes.
7 should be TWLoader attempting to load a ROM from my flashcart. (AceKard 2i)
8 is TWLoader trying to view settings.

All cia's are the latest versions. Luma3DS is 8.1. Exception handlers are not disabled. Clock+L2 is stock, always has been. TWLoader 3dsx works perfectly. I forgot a 3dsx dump because 12 hour shift. :(

A9LH 11.4 backup restored perfectly. Luckily, before B9S I had backed up the SD card so I had an exact copy of my system before B9S. Everything works flawlessly. Mario Sports Superstars works again, TWLoader is working fine again, HBL.cia is launching again, etc... For information, the console is now A9LH, 11.4, Luma3DS 7.0.5. All cia's are the latest. I even updated TWLoader manually to the latest version. (It was about 3 behind.) I am calling it confirmed: something happened from Luma3DS 7.0.5 to Luma3DS 7.1/8+.

Which only begs the question to you developers: What on earth can we do to help you help us? If it is simply providing dumps, I'll load everything I can think of after restoring my B9S Luma3DS 8.1 NAND and provide them until you hate me for giving you 300+ at a time. If there's anything else, please don't hesitate to request it.

Community: Listen to the devs that actually know what they're doing. If they request dumps, give them up! If they want other info, give it to them. They can't fix it if we don't help them. Luma3DS saves your dump files in a folder on your SD card. The location is /luma/dumps/arm11/. Compress them (zip them) and upload them here. Try and be descriptive about what is happening during the crash and what is running when it crashes. If enough of us are having the same error it should help make the problem clearer. Likewise, you might show a unique crash that is unknown. Thanks!
This is very interesting, thank you. I can't analyze the dumps right now because my development laptop is out of power and I forgot the charger :( but I should be able to within a few days once I get my windows laptop setup for 3ds development.

In the meantime, I'd be interested to know what happens if you :
  • restore a b9s 1.0 with luma3ds v7.1 backup (if you have one, if not nbd)
  • manually reinstall b9s 1.2 and luma3ds v8.1, instead of restoring a backup
Also, your point about being compliant with devs is hugely important. It's not like Aurora or Tux are laughing in some hidden channel "lol look at all these noobs who bricked," they genuinely want to help the community get the best experience possible, and being hostile won't help them.

D

Deleted-351540

This is very interesting, thank you. I can't analyze the dumps right now because my development laptop is out of power and I forgot the charger :( but I should be able to within a few days once I get my windows laptop setup for 3ds development.

In the meantime, I'd be interested to know what happens if you :
  • restore a b9s 1.0 with luma3ds v7.1 backup (if you have one, if not nbd)
  • manually reinstall b9s 1.2 and luma3ds v8.1, instead of restoring a backup
Also, your point about being compliant with devs is hugely important. It's not like Aurora or Tux are laughing in some hidden channel "lol look at all these noobs who bricked," they genuinely want to help the community get the best experience possible, and being hostile won't help them.
I don't have a 1.0 backup. I do have a 1.1 backup. Somehow I missed the initial release. I will try a 1.1 restore later tonight, then restore back to A9LH, then upgrade to B9S 1.2 manually again. Maybe it has something to do with the way I performed it and it will work this time. (Not too hopeful, but you just never know.)

If Tux and Aurora are indeed doing that, they've earned a bit of a break as well as a few laughs at our expense. I just wish they'd picked closer to April Fool's Day lol.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There shouldn't be any crashes in 3DS games assuming that it doesn't crash immediately on starting.
Yes, it would be helpful if you listed the games you're experiencing issues with - I haven't heard of anything like this yet, and your case seems to be a unique one.
With all due respect, you're fucking with us right?

This forum is littered with posts from luma users reporting crashes, every day there are multiple reports about this.

Right now, there are four (!) on the first page alone, one on the second, three on the third, two on page four...

Hell, hackinformer just posted an article about it.

I think I've made my point.

I respect you as a knowledgeable member of this community, and appreciate the contributions you've made. But you've either seriously out of the loop, or you're proper trying to troll us, in which case (respectfully) fuck you.

Reactions: toto621
D

Deleted-351540

Ok, latest update. Sorry for the delay. We're swamped at work.

I wanted to clean up some things on my SD card and ensure that wasn't my problem, so I wiped it fully and tested it. It checked out, so I feel comfortable eliminating that as the culprit. I finally got around to restoring my 1.1 backup. It took, but same issues. So I restored my A9LH backup and manually updated it to B9S 1.2, Luma3DS 8.1. (I'm still amazed at how much faster the guide has come along. I swear my first o3DS took 6+ hours. I got this done in under 20 minutes!) I can't say its fixed. I can say that it is better. TWLoader.cia loads fine now. HBL.cia works now. Mario Sports Superstars works now. CSPSP.cia still automatically crashes. Retroarch still randomly crashes. SNES9x by bubble2k crashes immediately now, where it did not before. All 3dsx seems to be fixed.

I cannot get a game to crash, but I haven't really tried very hard. I've been more concerned with homebrew, as I use that more than I do play games. So far though, it seems that what another user explained to me seems true: homebrew really needs to be updated to handle errors better. Or error checking needs to be turned down in Luma.

Reactions: astronautlevel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU