Hacking Arm11 Crashes with B9

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went from A9 to v1.2 B9 I think. I don't remember going to B9 1.1 then to 1.2... wish I knew what was causing crashes, especially since I can't go back to using Gateway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toto621

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Say what you want, luma 8.1 still have numerous issues with 3DS games for many users while Legacy builds work as expected (for games, again, 3DS is an handled console to PLAY with, not just a toy for a homebrew delirium) so I will recommand legacy build until what you call "stable" will finally be it, which is not the case actually. "You" (not you especially, it's a global luma devs "you") pushed untested crap (rosalia mainly) and forced ppl hands (b9s forcing) and if luma 8.1 is "so stable and functionnal and debugged" then why legacy branch is still present ? why it's still needed ?

I will not endlessly argue with you, as a luma dev/contributor you defend your work, it's perfectly understandable but as user (and i'm not the only one seeing it) all i see is problems/crashes/instability with 3DS games, the CORE of 3DS use while legacy version, clean of all that mess/crap/whatever you call it (I assume you will say "progress"), is functionnal and do the work most of the users want, be able to PLAY 3DS GAMES.

Anyway, as long as "stable" is not and legacy is aviable I will use and recommend it. When/If luma "stable" will catch up with legacy and allow 3DS gaming without ANY issues related to the additionnal and clearly not tested enough "feature" introdiuced in then, of course, i will stop recommend legacy. Any sane user that want to play with 3DS, and not only toy with homebrews, will do the same.

End of the story.

Last edited by toto621, , Reason: typo
D

Deleted-351540

An update: I don't normally use Retroarch as I prefer Virtual Console injects. I just installed a few VC injects (and a few stock VC games) and they're all immediately crashing. Worse, Retroarch (latest stable) is consistently crashing upon loading content. I can recreate this every time. (PCSX-ReARMED) Genesis Plus GX is crashing consistently upon attempting to close. SNES9x by bubble2k (latest Github release) works absolutely fine though. I just don't get why some homebrew CIA's would work and others don't.

I've basically given up on Mario Sports Superstars. Several times I've uninstalled and reinstalled that game and it always boots to a black upper screen and a white lower screen. I'm beginning to believe my console is possessed. Or broken. It isn't that old. Maybe has 30+ hours on it, total. I only play a few games.

Last edited by ,

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not against using B9. I switched to it so I could still keep system updated for upcoming games. I just hope the crashes I am experiencing will be fixed. I know they will though. Just worried about playing a game and crash during save. Again, I am not against B9 at all [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TuxSH

Trophies
XP
Country
France
then why legacy branch is still present ? why it's still needed ?

This is just 1 click away: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

GzritUV.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Instead of advocating legacy branch you could actually be helpful and make well-formed reports. But that's probably asking too much, as playing games for hours and being entitled surely doesn't leave you much free time...

Last edited by TuxSH,

toto621

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Do it then, what are you waiting for ? if you're so confident luma 8.1 is 100% working for 3ds gaming, despite the fact many users can't play their games with it but hey, who cares - a 3ds with CFW is not to play games as you try to say -, then do it now ! No need to wait any longer.

No ? how unexpected...

TuxSH

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do it then, what are you waiting for ? if you're so confident luma 8.1 is 100% working for 3ds gaming, despite the fact many users can't play their games with it but hey, who cares - a 3ds with CFW is not to play games as you try to say -, then do it now ! No need to wait any longer.

I don't see any open issue about the subject, so that's purely user error.

If it was only me I would, but then others users would complain because they'd be forced to change blah blah blah

Good night anyways.

D

Deleted-351540

I don't see the point in directing users towards a deprecated build of Luma3DS. It does nothing to further development of Luma3DS 8+. A few weeks/months of instability seems worth dealing with until the bugs get worked out, especially because developers are very actively working on trying to fix the problem.

Sure, things don't work. Just reminds me of the RXTools days when stuff like this happened quite frequently. Issues got worked out then with people tolerating it (and even providing insightful feedback!) and I'm sure they'll get worked out now if people are willing to help out and stop posting pointless "my game crashed! here is picture of dump screen!" posts and actually provide dumps to be parsed. I mean, Luma is nice and even saves them on your SD card automatically.

Reactions: astronautlevel

toto621

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
There is a thing called "beta tests" to debug features, I assume the point of view of an end-user, all he want is something WORKING, not something broken that will need months of bugfixing to finally work so NO, I will not recommend current "stable" to any user that want to PLAY with his 3DS. It seems luma dev forget the (self given) sub-name of their release, the "Noob Friendly" CFW, this goes only to Legacy releases for now since they are for sure noob friendly, you install it and it work as expected, period.

EDIT : and btw it's not outdated, all fixes of luma are backported to legacy, except for rosalia of course since legacy branch is free of this problem.

Last edited by toto621,

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
An update: I don't normally use Retroarch as I prefer Virtual Console injects. I just installed a few VC injects (and a few stock VC games) and they're all immediately crashing. Worse, Retroarch (latest stable) is consistently crashing upon loading content. I can recreate this every time. (PCSX-ReARMED) Genesis Plus GX is crashing consistently upon attempting to close. SNES9x by bubble2k (latest Github release) works absolutely fine though. I just don't get why some homebrew CIA's would work and others don't.

I've basically given up on Mario Sports Superstars. Several times I've uninstalled and reinstalled that game and it always boots to a black upper screen and a white lower screen. I'm beginning to believe my console is possessed. Or broken. It isn't that old. Maybe has 30+ hours on it, total. I only play a few games.
Could you upload any/all 3dsx related crash dumps? I think I have an idea as to what's causing it, but would like to see as many dumps as possible first.

Oh well, can't play shovel knight. Crashes every time i use bomb burst for some reason. :P
Could you upload the dump?

D

Deleted-351540

Could you upload any/all 3dsx related crash dumps? I think I have an idea as to what's causing it, but would like to see as many dumps as possible first.

Could you upload the dump?
As soon as I get home I will get you all of my dumps. In a convienent zip archive with each labeled for which app crashed.

Reactions: astronautlevel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: New Orange Pi 🥰