Hacking Question Are you waiting for a safe method to use CFW?

Have you used your CFW or are you waiting on a safe method to use it?

• I’m using CFW online and don’t care if I get banned

Votes: 52 13.2%
  • Not using CFW at all and waiting for a safe method

Votes: 184 46.8%
  • Only using CFW offline

Votes: 142 36.1%
  • I don’t plan on using CFW

Votes: 15 3.8%

• Total voters

RealLatias

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t think anyone has made a poll about this and I’m interested to see the statistics.

It’s really near impossible to have a 100% safe cfw. There’s always the possibility of detection, Nintendo is always keeping on security, etc. I’m not waiting, because IMO right now it’s better to be banned because you can still do everything but online play, while not having to worry about getting banned.

Reactions: NoWayFarQ

NoWayFarQ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It’s really near impossible to have a 100% safe cfw. There’s always the possibility of detection, Nintendo is always keeping on security, etc. I’m not waiting, because IMO right now it’s better to be banned because you can still do everything but online play, while not having to worry about getting banned.
I know this and it’s very possible it’s true. For me it’s that I don’t want to lose the online functionality of the switch(even if it’s disconnecting network myself). So if there isn’t a safer method for CFW I will most likely stay without a modded console until it’s at EOL like @sarkwalvein said.

Just out of interest I want to see the statistics for if people are waiting, risking it, or using CFW offline.

ILLPLEASA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Remove Internet connection from parameters

Hey @chocoboss, when you say "Remove Internet connection from parameters", are you just deleting your wifi info from the settings? With that said, is it possible yet via SX Pro/CFW/Homebrew to disable the wifi from being used at all on your switch? I ask because I do not want my nephews to have the ability to connect with a hacked switch and get themselves banned (expecting them to listen to my warnings of not connecting to the internet while I am not there will not be the smartest thing for me to do). I do not trust just removing the network from the settings as there are so many hotspots and friends houses that they can and probably would try to connect to at their young age lol..

I made a NAND backup before hacking my switch. Since then I have never gone online, so when/if I ever want to then i'll just restore the NAND backup first.

If you do not want a Ban, never connect the switch, make a backup of the Nand before starting the Cfw for the first time and wait for an Emunand (Permaoffline) and clean restore sysnand for online.

@Tasemu & @elboo To clarify, booting into SX OS Bootloader cannot be detected by Nintendo? In essence, is one free to load up SX OS in order to take a NAND backup and that won't flag your console? Is it only once you load up CFW and any homebrew that you are potentially flagged? Just wanted clarification if possible.

elboo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@Tasemu & @elboo To clarify, booting into SX OS Bootloader cannot be detected by Nintendo? In essence, is one free to load up SX OS in order to take a NAND backup and that won't flag your console? Is it only once you load up CFW and any homebrew that you are potentially flagged? Just wanted clarification if possible.
Nintendo has telemetry services that it is not clear what information they send, so never connecting the console is the only safe method for now.
I made a Nand Backup before entering any CFW and the console has been offline all the time, when I have to connect in OFW I will perform a nand restore.

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm rather waiting for emuNAND. A real safe method might never be really available at all. Nintendo's going true rage with the bans on the Switch. Unless someone finds a way of spoofing game cartridge certs, and that is, if we are ever able to generate actual valid ones to use, i don't think any online will be going around for a good time.

ILLPLEASA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo has telemetry services that it is not clear what information they send, so never connecting the console is the only safe method for now.
I made a Nand Backup before entering any CFW and the console has been offline all the time, when I have to connect in OFW I will perform a nand restore.

@elboo I understand. So anything homebrew/CFW its currently not known what and how they detect. But not sure if you clarified whether or not booting into SX OS Bootloader can be detected? I'm assuming this is how you created a NAND backup and is why I am asking.

If this is the case, what about SX OS Bootloader makes it safe to perform a NAND backup and not be flagged as opposed to loading CFW for example?

I'm assuming if booting into SX OS Bootloader causes a flag, then restoring a NAND that was made after SX OS Bootloader was initially loaded won't really help to eliminate that flag for those who want to ever restore the backup in order to have a "clean" NAND again. That 'clean' NAND would in essence have that flag caused by the SX OS Bootloader no? Unless your using a different method for NAND backups?

Last edited by ILLPLEASA,

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch is still offline. Has never been updated. Trying to 100% fire emblem warriors. Will eventually need to use no-fuse-burnin method to acquire update and new content. Or just fuck homebrew in general and just continue to buy games.

Oh, look, another poll for someone to find justification in the choices they made.
Imagine being such a toxic, hateful person that you ridicule others for creating a little poll.

Last edited by Pluupy,

TriangularFish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if I told you that I use CFW while playing online constantly and occasionally use layeredFS and would panic if he gets banned?

(I still vote that the frequent buyer theory is true)

Reactions: PanCyan

chocoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@ILLPLEASA : This is exctly what I have done + airplane mode to be sure ... Of course, they can stop airplane mode + enter wifi setting again, but we can not do more atm ...

You can not remove network from the menu sorry :(

Last edited by chocoboss,

ILLPLEASA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@chocoboss I was just told in another thread that Parental Controls can completely disable Network Settings access. I will be testing with this feature to ensure it but this is positive news for my needs lol.. :)

Last edited by ILLPLEASA,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Add me onto the EmuNAND train. Unfortunately, my SysNAND is no longer 100% clean after having run Hekate and briccmii but it'll still be a good experiment to see if Nintendo can detect EmuNAND mostly on its own. Worst case scenario, I'd have to buy a third Switch (because my bro will be using the second one once the hacking scene gives his 3.0 life outside of PegaSwitch and Fusee Gelee).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...