Gaming Are you excited for Black Sigil coming out?

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q1-2009/012909b.html

Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled's long development history has come to an end. Partially prolonged by a switch from the Game Boy Advance to the Nintendo DS, the much anticipated RPG has finally gone gold.

Graffiti Entertainment boasts that Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled will have 40-50+ hours of gameplay, along with a deep turn-based combat system. Players will form a party of three from up to eight unique characters, with over 100 physical and magical skills and combos at their disposal. Characters will be able to equip over 100 different weapons and over 200 pieces of armor. Black Sigil's graphics are reminiscent of games such as Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI.

The game's story takes place in Bel Lenora, a world filled with born magic users. Fifteen years ago, a man without the power of magic brought destruction throughout the land and was banished with great cost. Today, a young knight named Kairu is also found to be without the power of magic. Players should be able to join Kairu on his cursed journey soon, as the game is scheduled for release on March 17, 2009.

I don't see anyone here having a lot of hype for this game, but now there is a reason too. This game will come out on March 17th and I am excited we will be having this and Chinatown Wars and Pokemon Platinum all in the same month.

Eponasoft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hrm...nope, can't say that I'm looking forward to it, judging from how badly companies screw up RPG basics these days...

Ellara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Haha, the story certainly seems generic, but for me that's just part of the nostalgia of the SNES days that makes it appealing in my books.

Been looking forward to this game for well over two years since I first found out about it. Definitely buying this one. Just hoping that it doesn't have any game-killing bugs, as quality control from a programming standpoint is difficult for indie developers because of the cost it requires to employ/hire game testers (not that I'm saying Studio Archcraft is sloppy, I trust 'em). Hopefully the publisher (Graffiti Entertainment) hasn't screwed anything up.

Rod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I am highly, highly skeptical. This, and the fact I don't like Squaresoft's pixel art of most of their Snes games, with the exception of Chrono Trigger and SMRPG. I fear it will play just like a RPG Maker game.

I'll be surprised if this comes out good - not saying I don't want it to!

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Everyone says "Chrono Trigger clone" like it's a bad thing! Chrono Trigger was awesome, if this game is a CT clone and manages to be even half as good as CT was, it will STILL BE A GOOD GAME.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cupajoe said:
This game has a really generic story, unfortunately. It seems pretty cool that they are trying to replicate great RPGs from the 16 bit era.
95% have generic stories. I'm just interested as its nice to play a none Japanese RPG.

QUOTE(Eponasoft @ Jan 31 2009, 03:21 AM) I think I'm more interested in the new Pokémon game.
Even though its pretty much the same as the old Pokemon game.
tongue.gif

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll give it a try who knows I might like it but where I'm going to get the time to play 2 import RPGs which I preordered and are released in the same month not to mention FFCC: EOT.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-