Are there still fakes at realhotstuff.com?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Awesomeslayerg, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Awesomeslayerg
    OP

Member Awesomeslayerg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey guys,

I know i should have used the search function first but i didnt because i didnt find any recent ones. I bought an acekard 2i from them..I know also just to ask first then buy.. Im kinda wondering if there is a new box? IF you see in the video below
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtCr8twjcTU[/youtube]

Skip to 1:30 or something.
    This dude is claiming that its working for so far.. So is this legit or what?

2. Tokyo Jihen

Member Tokyo Jihen GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I ordered an Acekard 2.1 a couple months ago. The first one I got was either a fake or faulty. My DS lite and DS phat did not recognize the cart, even with the latest AKAIO firmware. I contacted RHS and they denied that it was fake and told me to send it back to replace it. I was sort of bummed out because I didn't want to pay shipping, again (lol), but they did confirm that something was wrong with it and sent me a new, and of course, working Acekard.

The process was quick; I got my new Acekard a couple days later. Customer service was fast and quite good. I've read somewhere that they check every flashcard before sending it out, but I guess somehow, the first one I got slipped by.

Anyway, even if you do get a fake/messed up Acekard, they have decent customer service and you can get it replaced easily. Since it's in the US, shipping shouldn't take more than 3 days one way, unless you happen to live in a rural area.

I don't know about the new boxes, but mines looked like that.

3. Vigilante

Member Vigilante TempLurker

Philippines
    But does'nt all acekard products have that anti counterfeit codes on them?

4. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

The anti-counterfeit code was just introduced. The supplier might have old stock.

@OP, I have the same box and I know that my acekard is legit because the HWID of my cart is 8181. They changed the box for cost cutting purposes so you shouldn't really be worried.