Hacking Are there plans for 6.3.0 support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
Let me shake my magic 8 ball.

askagainlater.gif

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
Cracking the 'New 3DS' will take focus away from 6.x support is my prediction.

Once all the 4.5 consoles dry up, let's face it, there isn't going to be a large amount of people who would of stayed on 6.x by now (i.e. grew tired of waiting for gateway team)

So in all honesty, what's the point? I'd be putting my resources into cracking the new 3DS. Which is going to sell like hotcakes since all ninendo handhelds do!

Veign06

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cracking the 'New 3DS' will take focus away from 6.x support is my prediction.

Once all the 4.5 consoles dry up, let's face it, there isn't going to be a large amount of people who would of stayed on 6.x by now (i.e. grew tired of waiting for gateway team)

So in all honesty, what's the point? I'd be putting my resources into cracking the new 3DS. Which is going to sell like hotcakes since all ninendo handhelds do!
But doesnt "new 3DS" use the same firmware?? If so, I'd think that wouldnt change anything since they obviously want to get gateway working on as many systems as possible. If they cracked new 3DS wouldnt that basically be any 3DS since the new 3DS will likely start out at 9.0+ firmware, whatever version it is when it finally releases here in the US.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
But doesnt "new 3DS" use the same firmware?? If so, I'd think that wouldnt change anything since they obviously want to get gateway working on as many systems as possible. If they cracked new 3DS wouldnt that basically be any 3DS since the new 3DS will likely start out at 9.0+ firmware, whatever version it is when it finally releases here in the US.
yeah but what he is saying is, staying on 6.x would be fairly pointless as gateway would most likely be focusing on 9.x to hopefully hack the new 3ds......but similar to how ssspwn works from 4.x-9.x if gateway do have a new exploit found the fact its yet to be discover could also mean nintendo could of left another exploit present from 6.x-9.x, but if gateway now shift focus from 6.x and focus on 9.x there possibly could of been an exploit nintendo already patched in say 7.x that would remain undiscovered.....but really im sure gateway and other hackers pay close attention to what nintendo patch along the way hoping to discover unfound exploits that nintendo have already patched on the latest FW but would be useful to them for hacking older FW's

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
It will never happen, end off!!!. I mean how many times has this question been asked before???, I have lost count serious, if you want to use a Gateway card find a 3DS on 4.5.0 or below because otherwise your wait will be for eternity and that is a fact! If it could of been done GW would of busted that rite open by now, trust me on this one!

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
C'mon, even if the question has been asked plenty of times (and has been answered in the stickies), try to respect the other members. We're all people here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu