Hacking Are there any tools to backup/clone a PS3 HDD using a PC?

Cyber Akuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Slim PS3 running Rebug, and it's HDD appear to be shot. Or so I assume as I got it used, it's very slow to do anything and backup operations claim they will take a stupidly long amount of time (over 100 hours to backup under 200GB of data... which usually fails with a generic error message), although games appear to work fine once they boot.... after you take forever getting them to boot.

Needless to say, attempting to backup this drive via the PS3's internal features seems to be a no-go as there is no compensation for this and it give sup quite easily if anything goes wrong. Are there any tools that will allow me to connect the drive to a PC and just backup or even clone it that way? Yes, I have dumped all the encryption keys, so the drive is readable, but I can't do it manually as I am 100% certain I will screw it up somehow (not to mention the new drive is significantly larger than the old one, so I can't just image it blindly to the new one).

Did anybody ever make a tool where if you have the HDD description key, you can backup or clone the drive to a new larger one?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not that I know of: the closest thing is using the PS3 HDD Reader (the one included in aldostools) to extract the files, then FTP them to the console with the new disk (and I imagine there may be permission-related screwups)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc