1. Pokfan1

OP Pokfan1 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Greece
    Hi, I recently formatted my sysNAND on my 2DS and lost everything. I have backup from my micro SD before the format. Are saves saved in my micro SD or they lost by the format?

2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

United States
    New encryption so old save r no good and yes on the SD card

3. Pokfan1

OP Pokfan1 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Greece
    So i have nothing to do..Thanks

4. Kwyjor

Kwyjor GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Actually, you have a couple of options. You can decrypt your save data (specifically, using ninfs) and restore it to your 3DS as long as you can get your movable.sed.

You may have already generated your movable.sed when you hacked your 3DS. It can also be extracted from a NAND backup made using a recent version of godmode9. godmode9 also generates a file named essential.exefs that stores your movable.sed and that may be present on your SD card in the gm9 folder.

Failing that, you can generate your movable.sed if you can run homebrew on a different 3DS that got your 3DS in its Friends list before you formatted. (It only needs to run homebrew, as in Picchax; a full CFW installation is not necessary.)

If all else fails, you can make a NAND backup of your 3DS as it currently is. Using ninfs on your PC, you can extract the CTRNAND and mount it in Windows using OSFmount. Then you can try running data recovery software (like Recuva) on the mounted CTRNAND and see if it can find your old movable.sed. This is very theoretical and I'm not sure if it will actually work, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - saves, saved, micro