Hacking Are all game updates safe? Also breaking PSN-like icons

wootwo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the first part of the question, I've read elsewhere that certain patches/updates to games are based on different CFW that could affect the currently installed CFW. Is this true? Is it safe to install all game updates or do I need to find out what OFW they're based on before adding any updates?

For the second part, I'm loving the ability to create PSN-like icons for the XMB, but I've read that you can't perform any updates after making the icons, but I don't know why or what happens. Is this true and if so, is there any way around this? Ideally I'd like to be able to perform updates and still create PSN icons for the XMB. This is based off of a question I originally asked in Cyan's PSN-Icon tutorial:
wootwo said:
I see also that the info regarding updating games after doing this incomplete, but I was curious if that was simply something you haven't been able to fill in yet or if there's just no answer yet. Could I update the games on my USB drive -> return it to my PC, run ebootFIX again and then install it onto the PS3 HDD and perform the steps to make a PSN Icon?

Thanks for any help!

wootwo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh thank you. So the column for updates is specifying whether or not it's okay to update on 3.55 CFW? It was confusing because the key at the bottom just says "do online updates work yes/no"

Also, does the update notify you if it needs a higher FW version or just installs it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up