Status
Not open for further replies.

DunArd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
all you have to do is turn off AA, TMAA, and any blur settings as well as set the resolution to 1.0 nothing major at all thats all I changed
Nice, I'll test it. In XC2 turning off TMAA creates a glitch effect in some shadowed textures. Mostly in endgame.

And please, I don't want to have problems with anyone on the forum, if you have any problem with something I do, I would appreciate it if you would mention me and make a constructive criticism, to learn and try different things. Attacking the way you did and without mentioning me gets us nowhere.

Reactions: Medel87

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice, I'll test it. In XC2 turning off TMAA creates a glitch effect in some shadowed textures. Mostly in endgame.

And please, I don't want to have problems with anyone on the forum, if you have any problem with something I do, I would appreciate it if you would mention me and make a constructive criticism, to learn and try different things. Attacking the way you did and without mentioning me gets us nowhere.
nobody attacked I was just being 100% blunt against false claims like based on the flavor text you posted I expected a much better looking game instead I got the same exact thing I already had with far less changes. I've not seen the glitch myself so until I do they will remain off for me

StonersKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have special k but how do you add yuzu to it?
open special k

Library tab on the top left, in there at the bottom is add game. Find the yuzu executable. You will know it's the correct one because on the right side, in the list of games will be yuzu installer with the yuzu symbol. Hit launch after having yuzu selected.
control+shift+backspace will open the control screen for special k in game. at the top there will be an HDR tab. hit that and enable it. I also checked enable/disable when the game launches/closes so shouldn't have to do it more than once. You will immediately tell it is working. My screen went black for a moment then boom... HDR.

redflamingolingo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you go about doing this?

1) Download the Special K global injector from this site: https://special-k.info/
2) Open the program and click the Library tab at the top
3) Right click in the game titles section to the right and select add game
4) Add the path to the yuzu.exe file
5) Turn HDR on in your Windows Settings
6) Click on the Yuzu title in Special K
7) Click the "Launch" button in the bottom right
8) Open Xenoblade 3 or any of your other games
9) Once game has launched, you should see the injector information at the top of the screen
10) Press CNTL+SHFT+BKSPACE to open the Special K menu
11) At the top click the HDR option and then go to HDR set up
12) A new box will open with "none" checked by default
13) Check "ScRGB HDR" and also ensure that "full luminance" is checked
14) Special K should have a yellow message indicating a restart is required
15) Close the game and the Yuzu emulator and relaunch it from Special K again
16) Launch your game and again open the Special K menu
17) Again, click HDR and then HDR setup
18) Now native HDR has been implemented into the game B-)
19) Tweak the top 3 values to your liking: Peak White Luminance, Paper White Luminance, and Middle Gray
20) You will see the changes occurring in your game in real time (I recommend choosing an area with lights such as near an item to pick up)
21) For my LG OLED TV I have the following settings: Peak White 1000, Paper White 500, and Middle Gray at +4.5%
22) You usually want Paper White to be no more than half the value of Peak White

Enjoy! Let me know if you have any questions! The HDR really does take the game to another level!

Reactions: N4verm1nd

Red_BY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
SpecialK HDR works ONLY on OpenGL. Get latest version from their Discord. Just get an installer and then use "Add game" feature to add Yuzu or Ryujinx .exe. Launch emulator through SpecialK and you'll see it's UI loaded, select HDR winget to enable it and then reboot the game and it should be working, calibrate it to look right on your monitor. You may need to enable HDR in Windows for it to work. There's also a small performance hit and it may cause compatibility issues. It's a really cool feature but using it with emulators is a hassle so I stick to SDR.

Reactions: totxxx

Armos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpecialK HDR works ONLY on OpenGL. Get latest version from their Discord. Just get an installer and then use "Add game" feature to add Yuzu or Ryujinx .exe. Launch emulator through SpecialK and you'll see it's UI loaded, select HDR winget to enable it and then reboot the game and it should be working, calibrate it to look right on your monitor. You may need to enable HDR in Windows for it to work. There's also a small performance hit and it may cause compatibility issues. It's a really cool feature but using it with emulators is a hassle so I stick to SDR.
For some reason Yuzu Early Access isn't working with it no matter what I do.

redflamingolingo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason Yuzu Early Access isn't working with it no matter what I do.
That's weird. It is working fine for me with the latest EA build.

Try configuring global properties in Yuzu for borderless windowed and see if that works. Once the game launches, just F11 to take it to full screen.

Also, double check the instructions I posted above and see if that helps at all.

Last edited by redflamingolingo,

DunArd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
nobody attacked I was just being 100% blunt against false claims like based on the flavor text you posted I expected a much better looking game instead I got the same exact thing I already had with far less changes. I've not seen the glitch myself so until I do they will remain off for me
Well... I would not say that "exact" is the correct word, compared with the settings that you have indicated that you use in your preset and mine:

https://imgsli.com/MTE4NDEz

Maybe the effects produced by the resolution improvement may be the same (I've never said that they will only be seen in my preset), but it is clear that the AA, the shadows and the LOD improve with respect to your preset.

Reactions: Medel87

Hakz31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
If anyone wants it I compiled those settings into a config. Additionally I also disabled dynamic resolution. Comes in two versions, Switch and Emu, only difference is that Emu Version also has ColReduction disabled so it can scale properly on emulators.
To install on Yuzu or Ryujinx just drop Config folder into your emulators mod location, on Switch install as usual.
Sorry if its a dumb question but does this mod work with 1.0 and 1.1.0 ?

r00t09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
set my pagefile to 100gb and played for an hour now with yuzu opengl to counter vram leak. ill set it to 1tb now and just play :rofl2:

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... I would not say that "exact" is the correct word, compared with the settings that you have indicated that you use in your preset and mine:

https://imgsli.com/MTE4NDEz

Maybe the effects produced by the resolution improvement may be the same (I've never said that they will only be seen in my preset), but it is clear that the AA, the shadows and the LOD improve with respect to your preset.
I'll have to test when I get to that area though even in that comparison I still think mine looks better especially without the vaseline lol

Woobels

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it show why on the logs? My testing of Vulkan hasnt gone further than 15 min a take since I'm doing more things.
It doesn't, I feel it's a memory leak issue though because my whole PC starts chugging till I manage to kill Ryujinx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is pretty good