[Archived] Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Graphics Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can we please create a different topic for emulator users?
honestly the people using emulation are fine but what we don't need here are the toxic insecure man children pc gamers that need to shit on every other hardware for some weird sense of superiority because their mommy never loved them. its ok to like xbox, playstation, switch, and a pc all at once
Youre the man! Dont let kid or stupid guy hit you 👍
I mean it still doesn't do much and it even still has blur on full blast which will tank performance. we are very limited on what we can currently change regardless of whats said otherwise and regardless of how pissy somebody gets for exposing that

All my files and target, i did something wrong ?
realistically for the most part all the mods do currently is turn off dynamic resolution and both handheld and dock resolution have a different limit. if you turn on docked mode and max clock it will look close to the mods just a bit more blurry due to other effects. as stated before very few settings actually work such as blur, aa, tmaa, gamma, the dynamic resolution, and a handful of others

Seng

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone know where this build comes from? There's not a pull request in on github for these fixes so I'm wondering where it originated.
Maybe from here(htt:)ps::)//tieba.baidu.:)co:)m/p/7948386237?see_lz=1#144900941066l),but this guy didn't show the details, he was low key.(Sorry, I can't share link :(

able1214

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: SwitchMan

Citrus333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New yuzu ea2873 haven't fix the Vulkan cutscene crashing for those that are wondering.

Vulkan Ryujinx works almost perfect but crashes randomly too, has some of the missing spell effects Yuzu doesn't have though. Hopefully crashing is fixed on both emus soon.

drew112288

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
added a version for minimum blur settings because blur just tanks performance when a lot of effects are going on but is needed for some cutscene effects. I can not guarantee it will work in every cutscene but feel free to test it. worst case scenario you will get a black flash during certain effects in cutcenes if it doesn't work
which of the 2 versions do you prefer more? no blur or minimum blur?

lippe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yesterday I said that I would not share any more updates or make more comments in this forum, but after receiving several messages of support and thanks I want to rectify and bring a final update of my presets, I have tweaked the values a bit and I have looked if some of the settings without name made some change but I have not been successful.
I want to publicly thank all of you who have supported me publicly and privately with this latest version of the presets.

The "Maxed" preset has been renamed to "Dock" preset to avoid misundertandings, all the changes has been written in the original post.

I hoe you enjoy it :grog:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/xenoblade-chronicles-3-graphics-settings.615901/post-9891927
If someone didn't like your config, don't mind it keep posting. I tested it for some time. Looks good to me on Ryu/Yuzu on my oled tv. Different strokes for different folks.

Medel87

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yesterday I said that I would not share any more updates or make more comments in this forum, but after receiving several messages of support and thanks I want to rectify and bring a final update of my presets, I have tweaked the values a bit and I have looked if some of the settings without name made some change but I have not been successful.
I want to publicly thank all of you who have supported me publicly and privately with this latest version of the presets.

The "Maxed" preset has been renamed to "Dock" preset to avoid misundertandings, all the changes has been written in the original post.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/xenoblade-chronicles-3-graphics-settings.615901/post-9891927
Can you add remove outline to your config?

0xF333710C :0.0

Last edited by Medel87,

sorabora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ooookay, let's go!

After XC1DE and XC2/Torna, I bring you... ¡DunArd's preset for Xenoblade Chronicles 3!

Updated presets with IPS patch for 1.1.0 update.
Updated presets to v1.1 (and mostly final update)

Introduction

All presets have mostly the same settings, the only changes between one and the other is ColReduction (false for emulator), resolution scaling and antialiasing sharpness.

To avoid comments out of context or destructive criticism as has happened before with a certain user: I share these presets for personal taste and for whoever wants to enjoy them, at no time do I specify that they are the best they will find or that my settings are the only valid ones. They are adjustments made from my personal experience, arranged to my liking and optimized to the level that Nintendo Switch can support.

These are the general JSON settings, whoever wants to edit it for their own benefit or research is free to do so.

Common features:
- Better shadows with greater distance and quality
- Antialiasing revamped, now more efficient, ported from my older XC1 and XC2 settings.
- Better resolution with their respective improvements in the LOD, terrain and vegetation (they are linked to the internal resolution of the game)
- Slightly tweaked colours in bloom, shadows and clouds for better environment
- Performance mostly reach 30 FPS in larger areas, battles and cutscenes if you overclock CPU/GPU/RAM to:

Installation:
- Unzip and drop Atmosphere folder in the MicroSD root for Switch.
- Unzip and drop romfs folder in "...\AppData\Roaming\yuzu\load\010074F013262000\Config", create "exefs" folder and drop .ips file in "...\AppData\Roaming\yuzu\load\010074F013262000\Config" for Yuzu
- Unzip and drop contents and exefs_patches folders in "...\AppData\Roaming\Ryujinx\mods" for Ryujinx

Comparison screenshots (Vanilla vs Portable Preset):

Portable JSON settings:

Dock JSON settings:

Emulators JSON settings:

I hope you enjoy it :grog:

Thank you DunArd.

I think your post should be threadmarked for Switch users.

Reactions: DunArd and totxxx

DunArd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Can you add remove outline to your config?

0xF333710C :0.0
I have tried it, but I don't see any difference and adding the line commented on in previous pages Python gives an error, even if I write it instead of copy/paste

Reactions: Medel87

Medel87

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have tried it, but I don't see any difference and adding the line commented on in previous pages Python gives an error, even if I write it instead of copy/paste
Outline of characters are more thinner, it looks better

DJPAUL1990

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

First thank you for your support

But i have a Problem with your new config
Everything looks great with docked config but cutscenes looks like the config never works/i never put the config on the sd - after the cutscene everything looks great again

With your first config the name was „max“ config everything looks good/really sharp,cutscenes also

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First thank you for your support

But i have a Problem with your new config
Everything looks great with docked config but cutscenes looks like the config never works/i never put the config on the sd - after the cutscene everything looks great again

With your first config the name was „max“ config everything looks good/really sharp,cutscenes also
red_sclX": 0.90,
"red_sclY": 1.00,
"red_hdsclX": 0.90,
"red_hdsclY": 1.00,
"red_Auto": true,
"red_AtMaxX": 0.90,
"red_AtMaxY": 1.00,
"red_AtMinX": 0.90,
"red_AtMinY": 1.00,

these are mostly likely the answer. why anybody would put it below 1.0 is beyond me

Reactions: Ethek

Medel87

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
red_sclX": 0.90,
"red_sclY": 1.00,
"red_hdsclX": 0.90,
"red_hdsclY": 1.00,
"red_Auto": true,
"red_AtMaxX": 0.90,
"red_AtMaxY": 1.00,
"red_AtMinX": 0.90,
"red_AtMinY": 1.00,

these are mostly likely the answer. why anybody would put it below 1.0 is beyond me
More stability on FPS maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: rule 63 went too far nowadays