Hacking AR codes

Forum Shark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, there. This is my first question as a member. I am considering an Acecard 2i because there is currently no AR for DSi. (I am considering a DSi, you see). How do you activate the codes. Do you take the cart out, then insert you game? I have a Platinum game, you see, and a lot of stuff in it. I don't want to download the game and trade all my stuff over just to get the DSi. So, my question is, is the Acecard just like an AR with Homebrew (and ROM) capabilities? Or will I have to download the game again.

If I haven't been clear, please say so, and I can explain further. If not, please answer.

Zach

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to download the game again.
AR codes are activated in the firmware - you can't put AR cheats on a physical game cart.

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Uh, no. The Acekard isn't like an AR cart. It's a flashcard meaning it runs homebrew and *.nds ROM backups. The AKAIO firmware that it uses has it's own cheat system where you download pre-made cheat databases.

If I understand you correctly, you have a retail Pokemon Platinum cartridge with a savegame on there that you like to keep using with the Acekard2i? If so there might be something in this thread that my help.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=154034

Forum Shark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another World said:
sucks to have a dsi.

-another world

Good thing I don't have it! I was considering it, but now I think I'll buy a Camera, and then an Acecard, and have pretty much the same thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: man that was some good Chinese takeout